• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

zroid

Banned
I'm inclined to think that a Canadian Amiibo thread will allow a more focused discussion, and perhaps entice more lurkers to participate in the discussion (I myself being one of those lurkers).

You're right, it will be focused on shipping instead. Let's make a Canadian Shipping Thread too.

Fularu

Banned
When it's not shipping it's Amiibo, when it's not Amiibo it's the dollar's value.

Who cares, moving Amiibo out will mean something else to replace it.

mdubs

Banned
Question, has anyone bought amiibo online from Future Shop? I'd like to know if they use bubble mailer or a box like amazon does, because I want the packaging to be in good shape.

Xenoflare

I don't know why this thread constantly needs to be hijacked by people complaining about what the discussion is about. It has always been a place to talk about whatever AND post deals.

I don't see the need for a "Canadian amiibo thread". If a certain subset of people want a twitter-like feed of Canadian game deals with no discussion, then why even post here?

Enjoy: http://twitter.com/gamedealscanada

Weren't there bitching about shipping horror stories that flooded the last thread? (Hence the title of this one) The threads are still okay and I'm here lurking since OT3, nothing changed much.

I don't see anything wrong with a flood of a certain topics (amiibos or shipping or whatever) or the need of a separate thread for amiibos, I don't think it's necessary.

baconcow

I don't know why this thread constantly needs to be hijacked by people complaining about what the discussion is about. It has always been a place to talk about whatever AND post deals.

I don't see the need for a "Canadian amiibo thread". If a certain subset of people want a twitter-like feed of Canadian game deals with no discussion, then why even post here?

Enjoy: http://twitter.com/gamedealscanada

That twitter feed is not all-inclusive, it misses a lot... and it isn't GAF.

how about we take all of the gaming deals

and move them out of this thread

Our plummeting dollar has already pretty much done this for us.

The amiibo thread is a good idea. We can make it and then let this thread die. That one guy who's bitching about having to scroll through all the amiibo talk on his once a day check would be relieved once he doesn't have to check the thread at all lol.

Sora_N

An Amiibo thread would be kind of pointless. There's barely any stores that even carry them in Canada and there's much less stock cuz Canada.

I would use the thread just so I don't need to hear people complain everyday lol.

Let's just pretend this whole conversation never happened and proceed as normal. There's no need for any more threads, this community is small and tight enough as is. I like this thread, and I like the conversations, even when they aren't about what I want them to be about.

Is PSN down for anyone else ?

Yes! And it chose TERRIBLE timing! I was on chat with Sony help because I was having trouble with a purchase (unrelated to service outage)

djblue89

Let's just pretend this whole conversation never happened and proceed as normal. There's no need for any more threads, this community is small and tight enough as is. I like this thread, and I like the conversations, even when they aren't about what I want them to be about.

Exactly and at the moment there is no big gaming deals available, so the Amiibo discussion is fine with me!

Xenoflare

Is Ys Celceta getting a price cut or sale? It's $20 and it popped up in the weekly deals section on the Vita store, but it looks like a permanent price cut. Meaning there is no "SALE $20" on it's price tag

Amiibo already has a discussion thread.

Canadian specific talk on Amiibo or any other gaming related item is fine here.

Wave 3 just released so there is more talk here. Whenever something new game related releases there is more talk here.

The New 3DS XL is coming out soon. So there will be more replies here about it. Does that mean it needs its own thread?

Sora_N

Wave 3 just released so there is more talk here. Whenever something new game related releases there is more talk here.

The New 3DS XL is coming out soon. So there will be more replies here about it. Does that mean it needs its own thread?

Yeah we can make a new thread for everything lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is Ys Celceta getting a price cut or sale? It's $20 and it popped up in the weekly deals section on the Vita store, but it looks like a permanent price cut. Meaning there is no "SALE $20" on it's price tag
It looks like it's a permanent price drop, according to the blog anyway.

Kilvin

Well I'm glad it seems we've come to a decision for today.

We'll revisit again in a few days when the next person complains.... Hehe :p

Sounds like it has to be a Nintendo of Canada thread lol. Shipping talk could probably fit in there since those Nintendo products have to reach our hands somehow.

Roto13

Yeah, I got home and PSN is down. Good thing I set up Unblock US on my PS4. My PS3 was my primary Netflix machine for a long time but with all these outages, it's not very good. (PS3 Netflix needs PSN to work.)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I think it's time this thread was moved to Gaming Community just like the Australian thread.

Actually no. It spawned a new thread...

Action Figure GAF |OT|
Oh wow, awesome! I bailed out of FigureGAF a long time ago because of the constant elitism and snobbery over anything that wasn't an anime PVC statue, or anything with joints and articulation that wasn't a Hot Toys, Figma or Nendoroid. I'll definitely be checking out the new OT, hopefully it's a little more open minded.

Question, has anyone bought amiibo online from Future Shop? I'd like to know if they use bubble mailer or a box like amazon does, because I want the packaging to be in good shape.

I know it has been answered but I still managed to get a bent cardboard even if it was in a box...

I think it's time this thread was moved to Gaming Community just like the Australian thread.

I don't see why not.

Mikey Jr.

This is so insane, that this discussion has turned into this today because of one lazy dude who, and this is a quote " It is just getting kind of time consuming to be honest. I want to look quick. Even if there is nothing to talk about.".

Well, glorious. Even if there's nothing to talk about, we wouldn't want you to have to use that opposable thumb too often to scroll through a page or two.

My problem is that amibos are here to stay, agreed?

So the conversation will ALWAYS be dominated by amibos. There is no downtime.

Compare that to ps4 availability, boxing day, whatever else. Those are limited time things.

As long as there are amibos, this thread will be suffocated about deals for amibos, availability of amibos, which amibos are best, pictures of amibos, scalping amibos.

It honestly gets too much.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
My problem is that amibos are here to stay, agreed?

So the conversation will ALWAYS be dominated by amibos. There is no downtime.

Compare that to ps4 availability, boxing day, whatever else. Those are limited time things.

As long as there are amibos, this thread will be suffocated about deals for amibos, availability of amibos, which amibos are best, pictures of amibos, scalping amibos.

It honestly gets too much.
And that's exactly how people feel about shipping talk. It's never going away because people will always be ordering things online and it fills this thread with things other than deals. This is why we now highlight NEW DEAL at the top of a post to make it easier to see those deals. Once again, if you have a problem with what's being posted in here then contact a mod and have them deal with it. While you're at it have them move this thread to Gaming Community.

And that's exactly how people feel about shipping talk. It's never going away because people will always be ordering things online and it fills this thread with things other than deals. This is why we now highlight NEW DEAL at the top of a post to make it easier to see those deals. Once again, if you have a problem with what's being posted in here then contact a mod and have them deal with it. While you're at it have them move this thread to Gaming Community.

I didn't even notice this wasn't in Community already. Wacky.

I like how this thread is so active, because I love looking for great deals. However, since I don't care about Amiibos much, it does get a tad annoying seeing so much focus on them.

I can live with it, though. It's not a huge deal.

-Deimos

Bad move imo.

iLLmAtlc

Sorry I skipped over most of the recent posts, so please forgive if I'm repeating.

I think someone a few pages ago had the best suggestion: amiibo talks should continue, but someone posts all of the active deals once in a while.

Canada gaf is one of my favourite communities here, I think segregating it is a bad idea.

Top Bottom