• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

jitterbug

Neo Member
Did they say if any Majora LE will be available for non preorders?

While waiting for the rosalina information I randomly checked online and managed to get one at bestbuy.ca. Keep checking online as people are randomly canceling their orders as the release date nears. You might get lucky and snag one!

It's looking more and more likely that Thursday is indeed Target Liquidation Day.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/tar...-thursday-will-be-like-black-friday-1.2940552

Although it's also more and more obvious that most of the good stuff has been hauled out already.

yeah its def' happening, they told us again this morning, no idea how low the sales will be though, they might not even be that good :/

if you're looking for any Electronics deals your SOL there heh, and yeah no Target Rosalina amiibos im 100% sure, they even took away our Amiibo stand :(

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know how shipping works at EBGames?

I've never ordered online from EB, but I ordered my New 3DS XL from there. Should I expect it after Friday?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Don't be too excited for the Target liquidation. It will start very slowly and by the time there are huge mark downs anything you'll want will be gone. If you remember how Zellers went, you know what to expect.

ahdurian

I've never ordered online from EB, but I ordered my New 3DS XL from there. Should I expect it after Friday?

almost always got mine release day
I had a snag here or there, but that's just due to weather

beta_fuse

Don't be too excited for the Target liquidation. It will start very slowly and by the time there are huge mark downs anything you'll want will be gone. If you remember how Zellers went, you know what to expect.

Do you remember how the electronics were handled in the Zellers liquidation period? Like are we expecting good stuff like TV's, tablets, cameras, phones and consoles/games to be liquidated or is anything worth buying usually not marked down and returned to their warehouses?

Ondore

Thanks for the heads up. Hoping i can get some PSN Network cards/PS plus cards for cheap, or maybe a copy of farcry 4 or dying light..

I believe prepaid cards of all stripes were yanked out of Target the day the bankruptcy was announced, so the bolded is a no-go.

jitterbug

Neo Member
I believe prepaid cards of all stripes were yanked out of Target the day the bankruptcy was announced, so the bolded is a no-go.

Yes I am pretty sure they were all sent back already. I have been to two target's since the announcement and all the cards were gone from both stores.

Luigi87

yeah its def' happening, they told us again this morning, no idea how low the sales will be though, they might not even be that good :/

if you're looking for any Electronics deals your SOL there heh, and yeah no Target Rosalina amiibos im 100% sure, they even took away our Amiibo stand :(

Week 1 will probably be only like 10% off.

Anywho, there's 80 hours worth of liquidation signs (in terms of manpower) that need to go up in stores Thursday morning before stores open... yeah...

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

They ship through Purolator and I've always gotten their shipments on release day, even with free shipping.

explodet

I figured pretty much this, games and electronics would be gone even before the sales starts.

Maybe there'll be some pillows.

Guys, I'll be in New York City in a few days for only 2 hours. I'll see if I can pick up Rosalina Amiibo from Target for you folks, but I can't promise anything because I only have a 2 hour stop before I head back to Toronto.

I see a few in stocks in nearby Target but it'll be a mission since I have 2 massive luggage with me, so again no promises.

Since you guys love it so much, is it worth it for me to get some for you folks?

Is it really that hard to get it in Canada?

Hey I would really appreciate a Rosalina if you can get one, no pressure if you cant though :)

Harusame

Week 1 will probably be only like 10% off.

Anywho, there's 80 hours worth of liquidation signs (in terms of manpower) that need to go up in stores Thursday morning before stores open... yeah...

Same here. If I remember correctly, my store received like 8-10 pallets of signage. Some of my friends start at like 2 or 4 in the morning just to put up all the signage. Luckily, we have no truck that day. Only Monday and Thursdays are when we don't get a truck.

Megasoum

Banned
You know LTTP is for the Wii version right? As in gotta boot into Wii mode and use thr classic controller? Turned me right off from getting it myself.

If a game is also available for the WiiU VC (like LTTP for example) you can get the Wii version on Club Nintendo and then upgrade it for 1.50$ on the WiiU Eshop to get the WiiU version instead.

Exact reason why am I now not going to get Mario64, Tennis and Golf. Why put it only on the older system...

Which is unfortunatly not the case with those games since they are not on the WiiU EShop afaik.

Luigi87

Same here. If I remember correctly, my store received like 8-10 pallets of signage. Some of my friends start at like 2 or 4 in the morning just to put up all the signage. Luckily, we have no truck that day. Only Monday and Thursdays are when we don't get a truck.

That day my store does have a truck + the signs will need to be put up...
... I've got sick hours I need to use, might need to utilize them.

ahdurian

I remember when my Zellers was going out of business, they made people wear signs and stand on the side of the road to bring people in
Middle of the summer, even at times like 35 degrees celsius

mileS

NEW DEAL
Club Nintendo is shutting down and the last wave of items is out:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...rewards-include-big-games-for-a-pittance.aspx

I wasn't done registering all my games so I've probably missed the messenger bag but some great titles to get.

"Club Nintendo is currently unavailable due to site maintenance.
We apologize for any inconvenience. "

This is all I ever see. Happened with Mario Cart, happened before that. What kind of server do they run on? because the slightest big of traffic brings it down no matter what, so sad.

zroid

Banned
FS tweeted that the Rosalina amiibo won't be available today, BUT they will tell us when it will be by 5pm (guessing Pacific)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I keep forgetting to read replies.

"Club Nintendo is currently unavailable due to site maintenance.
We apologize for any inconvenience. "

This is all I ever see. Happened with Mario Cart, happened before that. What kind of server do they run on? because the slightest big of traffic brings it down no matter what, so sad.
Pretty much every Nintendo nerd in North America is slamming the site right now. I'm surprised that it works intermittently.

mdubs

Banned
FS tweeted that the Rosalina amiibo won't be available today, BUT they will tell us when it will be by 5pm (guessing Pacific)

For reference for everyone

b466a9f972.png

CRA5H

I really hope they are doing midnight launches at my EB! I won't be able to pick it up on Friday until 7pm. This is awesome news if true.

But damnit, now gotta decide if I wanna keep my MM edition for collection purposes.

Wasn't there a Canadian site being talked about a year back or so that if you signed up to it you could gain points towards buying new games? Sorry if that's vague but that's all I remember.

Wasn't there a Canadian site being talked about a year back or so that if you signed up to it you gained points towards buying new games? Sorry if that's vague but that's all I remember.

You're thinking of Tsilon. That was pretty cool at it's peak. But died down. It was kind of reborn as Arcademy, which still exists, but they don't have any retailer ties like Tsilon did with Future Shop, so participating in the site seems like a waste of time. It's also only updated once every few weeks, so who knows how much longer it'll be around. They've tried to implement a couple features, but it seemed clear that without the discounts it wouldn't take off.

Wasn't there a Canadian site being talked about a year back or so that if you signed up to it you could gain points towards buying new games? Sorry if that's vague but that's all I remember.

Probably Tsilon. Haven't heard of anything interesting out of that site in years, though.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
You're thinking of Tsilon. That was pretty cool at it's peak. But died down. It was kind of reborn as Arcademy, which still exists, but they don't have any retailer ties like Tsilon did with Future Shop, so participating in the site seems like a waste of time. It's also only updated once every few weeks, so who knows how much longer it'll be around.

Wasn't Victor Lucas starting a new one?

I think he may have been partnering with Arcademy? The sites have links between them. But the EP site hasn't been updated in a month itself, and it's not on TV anymore, so who knows what's even up with that.

*Well, new episodes arent on TV anymore, according to my cable box thingy

-Deimos

Arcademy is the one he's working on. They have some sort of partnership with EB Games but so far nothing has come out of it. The whole thing is still "under construction" so I doubt we'll be seeing any rewards soon.

Amiibo talk:

Anyone order Sheik from Amazon.ca? I ordered it back in December and hasn't shipped but Toon Link has. The only Amiibo I really wanted, hope my order doesn't get cancelled.

Top Bottom