• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

What happened there?

Told us to stay tuned to their twitter for details on how to order the console. They said stay tuned once after the opening of Playstation Experience. Again at the end of that weekend. Again the following Friday. Then out of the blue on a Wednesday (11 days later) they posted a live link. No details. Just a live link to purchase them.

Then the following day a handful of them ended up on Shop.ca without any announcement or details at all from Sony. Shop.ca sent out an email and boom. All gone.

Told us to stay tuned to their twitter for details on how to order the console. Once after the opening of Playstation Experience. Again at the end of that weekend. Again the following Friday. Then out of the blue on a Wednesday (11 days later) they posted a live link. No details. Just a live link to purchase them.

Then the following day a handful of them ended up on Shop.ca without any announcement or details at all from Sony. Shop.ca sent out an email and boom. All gone.

That's fucked.

ahdurian

Told us to stay tuned to their twitter for details on how to order the console. They said stay tuned once after the opening of Playstation Experience. Again at the end of that weekend. Again the following Friday. Then out of the blue on a Wednesday (11 days later) they posted a live link. No details. Just a live link to purchase them.

also that Tweet with the live link came out like 5 minutes after the actual link was live, so people who were extremely cautious and waiting to b uy it, were already buying them by time people saw the link

Stage On

Anyone else having trouble logging into club nintendo?

The digital rewards can wait a little while but I'm worried I'm going to miss out on the physical reward I want since those are supposed to be fairly limited :(

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Anyone else having trouble logging into club nintendo?

The digital rewards can wait a little while but I'm worried I'm going to miss out on the physical reward I want since those are supposed to be fairly limited :(
The site is fucked right now but there's hope the physical rewards won't be too limited since it says the orders won't ship for 2-5 months. It's possible it's that long to give plenty of people a chance to order them before Nintendo puts in the manufacturing order to fulfill those orders.

Kiro

Does anyone know what the new stuff is on Club Nintendo? Rather know if there is anything I want to buy instead of spending a lot of frustrating minutes trying to buy nothing I want.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Does anyone know what the new stuff is on Club Nintendo? Rather know if there is anything I want to buy instead of spending a lot of frustrating minutes trying to buy nothing I want.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=150239294&postcount=403

edit: mrgrgr

Ahh! I want to pre-order Toad, but seeing how I pre-ordered the MM 3DSXL, Monster Hunter LE, Meta-knight amiibo and some other things, all these Nintendo things have been quite costly.

I'm not buying any of the Mario Party one. Yeah, Toad unlocks a tiny gameplay feature in Captain Toad, but we already have a few Toad toys. If it were Captain Toad, or Captain Toadette on the other hand..

I'm not buying any of the Mario Party one. Yeah, Toad unlocks a tiny gameplay feature in Captain Toad, but we already have a few Toad toys. If it were Captain Toad, or Captain Toadette on the other hand..

That feature actually seems like a good value to me. The whole game is centered around finding collectibles in each level, so this gives you a reason to go through the whole game again.

Kiro

How big is that Majora's Mask Messenger Bag from Clubnintendo?

I wish there was a way I could know how many coins I have. Wanna get Mario64 and Mario Tennis. Golden Sun for 200 coins is a steal for anyone who has never played it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
EB just tweeted out that Wave 4 amiibo preorders are tomorrow, but the picture is of the Mario Party ones... are those considered Wave 4 and the Lucina batch Wave 5?

Fuzzy

EB just tweeted out that Wave 4 amiibo preorders are tomorrow, but the picture is of the Mario Party ones... are those considered Wave 4 and the Lucina batch Wave 5?
EB Canada is just screwing with the name. The whole point of the "Wave" names was that it refers to the SSB line.

Has EB done preorders for the Mario Party ones yet? I can't imagine they would have messed up the picture

Anth0ny

I have the dumbest reasons for buying Amiibo, none of which have to do with unlocking things in games.

I want Toad because he was my main in Mario Kart 64. That's it.

zroid

Banned
ieLrCx7.png

zroid

Banned
Best Buy? They've been screwing up a lot lately. I think they'll be my last option.

I dunno, I don't really see any difference between FS and BB on a practical level. I prefer BB slightly because of the RZ program. I'll just order Rosalina from wherever it goes up first though.

Guys, I'll be in New York City in a few days for only 2 hours. I'll see if I can pick up Rosalina Amiibo from Target for you folks, but I can't promise anything because I only have a 2 hour stop before I head back to Toronto.

I see a few in stocks in nearby Target but it'll be a mission since I have 2 massive luggage with me, so again no promises.

Since you guys love it so much, is it worth it for me to get some for you folks?

Is it really that hard to get it in Canada?

EB just tweeted that certain stores will be doing midnight openings for n3DS, Majora, and Monster Hunter. For those as impatient as I am :)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Guys, I'll be in New York City in a few days for only 2 hours. I'll see if I can pick up Rosalina Amiibo from Target for you folks, but I can't promise anything because I only have a 2 hour stop before I head back to Toronto.

I see a few in stocks in nearby Target but it'll be a mission since I have 2 massive luggage with me, so again no promises.

Since you guys love it so much, is it worth it for me to get some for you folks?

No one knows the availability in Canada yet. I mean, I assume those Amazon orders are in complete limbo.

As for Target, good luck. I've spoken to a few Americans who checked on Sunday and they had no luck. People were lining up for the damn things! lol

EB just tweeted that certain stores will be doing midnight openings for n3DS, Majora, and Monster Hunter. For those as impatient as I am :)
Have they said whether or not the MH bundle will include the game as a download code or pre-installed? That'll probably make me decide which one to get, since I don't want to deal with finnicky transfer garbage with their system-account stuff.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Ahh. I'd love to know if my store is doing it. I have MH4U N3DS for pickup at a Toronto location and would definitely be down to going in at midnight. Provided they don't mind me spending half an hour doing a system transfer so I can trade in the old 3DS. :p

About the Club Nintendo Stuff...

Here's what I want

Super Punch-Out 200
Pilotwings 200
Super Metroid 200
Earthbound 250
LTTP 250

I'm sitting at 695 coins right now so that's not gonna happen lol. Priorities are Earthbound and LTTP so that's 500 gone.

I'll get myself over 700 coins to both geth Gold and also let me afford one of the 3 200 coins games...ugh decision decision.
You know LTTP is for the Wii version right? As in gotta boot into Wii mode and use thr classic controller? Turned me right off from getting it myself.

Fuzzy

I think the only place worth hitting would be the Nintendo World Store if you're near that.

I didn't try ordering more than one because I was too busy just trying to make sure I got one order in.

FrsDvl

Anyone here want to trade a club Nintendo reward? I want Mario 64, but I have like 350 coins or something. So if anyone wants a 350 reward but only has 250 coins, let me know. We'll sort it out once the site works properly

Kiro

You know LTTP is for the Wii version right? As in gotta boot into Wii mode and use thr classic controller? Turned me right off from getting it myself.

Exact reason why am I now not going to get Mario64, Tennis and Golf. Why put it only on the older system...

I think the only place worth hitting would be the Nintendo World Store if you're near that.

Oh yeah, completely forgot about that store! It's 7 minute drive from the bus station, I'll take a cab.

Let me know whatever you need if you like! :)

I don't know which Amiibos are rare to find, so I'll definitely grab a few. Is there a top 5 rare Amiibos list?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh yeah, completely forgot about that store! It's 7 minute drive from the bus station, I'll take a cab.

PM me whatever you need if you like! :)

I don't know which Amiibos are rare to find, so I'll definitely grab a few.

Is there a top 5 rare Amiibos list?
Pretty much any character that isn't from a Mario or Zelda game.

Top Bottom