• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Maximus.

Amiibo talk:

Anyone order Sheik from Amazon.ca? I ordered it back in December and hasn't shipped but Toon Link has. The only Amiibo I really wanted, hope my order doesn't get cancelled.

I just received both Toon Link and Sheik. A couple weeks ago I got an email from Amazon saying they may need to wait to ship Toon Link, but shortly after emailed saying all was good.

Amiibo talk:

Anyone order Sheik from Amazon.ca? I ordered it back in December and hasn't shipped but Toon Link has. The only Amiibo I really wanted, hope my order doesn't get cancelled.

Yep! Should be here tomorrow. Only thing that was held back was Megaman and Sonic.

wave%203.jpg

i-Jest

Amiibo talk:

Will probably label Amiibo post from now on. Wish I had more highlight color options.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I think he may have been partnering with Arcademy? The sites have links between them. But the EP site hasn't been updated in a month itself, and it's not on TV anymore, so who knows what's even up with that.

*Well, new episodes arent on TV anymore, according to my cable box thingy

Arcademy is the one he's working on. They have some sort of partnership with EB Games but so far nothing has come out of it. The whole thing is still "under construction" so I doubt we'll be seeing any rewards soon.

Ah that's right. I remember signing up for it, but then completely forgot about it.

Getting ready for the new 3DS, suggestions: Screen Protectors/Memory Card/Case.

It seems like Amazon.ca has no screen protectors, yet it's in the US. I really don't want to pay arm and leg for that.

Sealtest

It seems like Amazon.ca has no screen protectors, yet it's in the US. I really don't want to pay arm and leg for that.

I got a set of hori protectors from videogamesplus, I don't even care I had to pay for shipping I'll never cheap out on those.

Maximus.

Technically can't you just use normal 3DS XL screen protectors, since the screen size is the same?

MicroSDs have been on sale everywhere, just keep an eye out. I picked up a 16gb card for cheap from Best Buy last week.

You're thinking of Tsilon. That was pretty cool at it's peak. But died down. It was kind of reborn as Arcademy, which still exists, but they don't have any retailer ties like Tsilon did with Future Shop, so participating in the site seems like a waste of time. It's also only updated once every few weeks, so who knows how much longer it'll be around. They've tried to implement a couple features, but it seemed clear that without the discounts it wouldn't take off.

Probably Tsilon. Haven't heard of anything interesting out of that site in years, though.

Thanks guys, it popped into my head earlier for some reason and spent a while trying to find it on my own.

Guys so lets say some fool didnt pre order the new 3ds Majoras mask system because he thought he could handle the thirst. But now said fool is feeling thirsty.

is there any hope to obtain this? Line ups etc?

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
Guys so lets say some fool didnt pre order the new 3ds Majoras mask system because he thought he could handle the thirst. But now said fool is feeling thirsty.

is there any hope to obtain this? Line ups etc?

My buddy contacted Toys R us and they're doing a first come first serve when it's released so there's that option if the thirst is truly real

chrono01

The fact that they changed the color of the base for the Amiibo make me want to collect them from a singular line [in this case, the Smash bros one, since I already have so many] than purchase ones from the others.

I want to get that Toad Amiibo, but I know the red base among all of the black ones would bother me. I know I could always cover/obscure it, but still. >_<

The fact that they changed the color of the base for the Amiibo make me want to collect them from a singular line [in this case, the Smash bros one, since I already have so many] than purchase ones from the others.

I want to get that Toad Amiibo, but I know the red base among all of the black ones would bother me. I know I could always cover/obscure it, but still. >_<

i know exactly what you mean, it's super obnoxious. Especially since I only want Toad from the new ones, so it will look extra stupid just there by itself.

Well, I broke the seal, boys and girls. I cancelled my amazon order for Mega Man and Sonic. While it stings, it also means I have broken my perfect streak, and can stop caring so much about these fucking figures. Now if I choose to buy any more, I can just look for the ones actually want and not try to keep up finding them all.

It'll be good in the long run, since I really wasn't looking forward to tracking down a Lucario, I hate that stupid pecker. Next wave will just be Ness and Wario for me.

I hate these fucking things.

Renewed

i know exactly what you mean, it's super obnoxious. Especially since I only want Toad from the new ones, so it will look extra stupid just there by itself.

Well, I broke the seal, boys and girls. I cancelled my amazon order for Mega Man and Sonic. While it stings, it also means I have broken my perfect streak, and can stop caring so much about these fucking figures. Now if I choose to buy any more, I can just look for the ones actually want and not try to keep up finding them all.

It'll be good in the long run, since I really wasn't looking forward to tracking down a Lucario, I hate that stupid pecker. Next wave will just be Ness and Wario for me.

I hate these fucking things.

That's how you should have been from the very start. Save that money for the deals!

That's how you should have been from the very start. Save that money for the deals!

Oh I know how I should have been. Trouble is, at the beginning I thought Nintendo would implement good functionality. That never happened, but by then I realized these things were collectible, and I had all of the rarest ones lol. Thus, the train kept rolling.

FrsDvl

Gonna try and grab a Rosalina, not sure if i want to keep it if i get it. may resell it for cost + shipping to one of you guys. I'll have to think it over.

antibolo

Banned
Awesome, tomorrow is my birthday and therefore I wanted to go to bed early tonight. But Future Shop had to go ahead and ruin my plans.

If I miss out on it I'll be really pissed.

This is basically about how much I trust my Amazon order.

Do I trust my Amazon order enough to not get up at 3 am and order another one off of FS/BB?

2am in the morning here. Wowsers.

Although...I get this strategy, it really doesn't help Little Johnny's parents who are 1) not going to flip it 2) genuinely want it as a gift for Johnny 3) won't be expecting a sale at 2am in the morning (central time).

i-Jest

RI1uvS3.png

pplu2Nu.png

What assholes. :lol

These sites are going to go down in red hot flames from the traffic. I'm gonna be so very glad when Smash Amiibo's are done. I love the hunt but sometimes you just gotta know when enough is enough.

EDIT:

Any cheap pens we can add for free shipping?

Wish they at least had the page up already. Then it won't be some frantic panic looking for the link or waiting for it. Heck...what if the twitter guy's asleep? Though I suspect it's one of those scheduled tweets.

CRA5H

So anyone who actually needs to sleep for their 8am/9am start are screwed while these unemployed scalpers who never sleep get drunk off our tears.

Thanks Bestbuy.

Top Bottom