• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Krixeus

Hopefully us target guys are out by end of March, with 3 liquidation companies hopefully its done quick. Morale is really bad here. So many no shows

Haven't really caught up with the closure but is there a country-wide date for when everything goes into liquidation prices or does it vary by individual stores?

My brother also went to a different Toys 'R' Us and he saw a man kneeling over a cardboard box full of rare figures. He assumed it was an employee restocking the shelves, so he grabbed a Rosalina out of the box to inspect it. The guy turned around, gave him a dirty look, and shouted "THOSE ARE MINE", as he began stuffing more into the box. There were at least ten inside. This is who we are competing with, folks.

JazzmanZ

My brother also went to a different Toys 'R' Us and he saw a man kneeling over a cardboard box full of rare figures. He assumed it was an employee restocking the shelves, so he grabbed a Rosalina out of the box to inspect it. The guy turned around, gave him a dirty look, and shouted "THOSE ARE MINE", as he began stuffing more into the box. This is who we are competing with.

Ask your brother if that guy was Sinbad or not.

My brother also went to a different Toys 'R' Us and he saw a man kneeling over a cardboard box full of rare figures. He assumed it was an employee restocking the shelves, so he grabbed a Rosalina out of the box to inspect it. The guy turned around, gave him a dirty look, and shouted "THOSE ARE MINE", as he began stuffing more into the box. There were at least ten inside. This is who we are competing with, folks.

I would have walked up to the cash register with it and checked out.

(mat)

Lexxism

Maybe I'll start just tagging all my posts with the amiibo logo. It'd make it easier for people to skip over. Like so...

amiibo-logo.jpg

Can someone remove the white background? It will be much better to look with.

mdubs

Banned
I should have run into Markville today to check if they got anything, too bad. I wonder if I should bother giving them a call

BigBossJelly

Neo Member
Its funny this actually motivates me to be those people out so they don't get everything they want. Too bad I don't feel like buy multiples of figures for no reason.

Now we all need to adopt a religion so we can at least believe he will suffer eternally for his evilness.

Edit: EB Games is taking preorders on the MP amiibo if you're interested. (Toad's already gone)

http://www.ebgames.ca/platform/index/226

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
This should be cleaner.

eVCSzC9.png
Yeah but the white background makes it a lot more visible when using the dark theme for those who want to skip those posts. And we all know that dark theme > light theme.

Cross post from the Amiibo thread:

I stopped at TRU at Victoria Park and Lawrence in Toronto on my way home and the girl said nothing new came in and that whatever they get won't go on sale until Friday. By the time I'm off work I won't get anything. :(
Someone in Toronto needs to hook me up with Lucario, DeDeDe and Ike. :(

antibolo

Banned
Wait so basically Rosalina was not exclusive to those stupid overnight BB/FS orders after all??

Are you fucking kidding me?!

This day just keeps on getting better and better.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Yeah but the white background makes it a lot more visible when using the dark theme for those who want to skip those posts. And we all know that dark theme > light theme.

Cross post from the Amiibo thread:

Someone in Toronto needs to hook me up with Lucario, DeDeDe and Ike. :(

sS2MJI1.png

And someone in the Club Canada Amiibo Facebook group posted photos of Rosalina, Mega Man, Sonic.. among other Wave 3s, from a Mississauga TRU apparently. I expect all the GTA stores to have stock by tonight.

Zing

Banned
sS2MJI1.png

And someone in the Club Canada Amiibo Facebook group posted photos of Rosalina, Mega Man, Sonic.. among other Wave 3s, from a Mississauga TRU apparently. I expect all the GTA stores to have stock by tonight.
I noticed postings on Kijiji for these, so I assumed they were at some stores locally.

Told a friend about the Toys R Us Canada in our city having Wave 3.

He went in and bought the last ones and didn't care to get me anything despite me asking.

Not happy. Thanks for taking them all! I won't be telling you anything anymore. Ass.

Called my local toys r us they have toon links, Sheik and bowser left, and lucario goes on the floor Friday. Hopefully I can get there early enough to grab one, maybe grab an extra to hopefully trade for a meta knight the only wave 3 i have no chance of getting.

Told a friend about the Toys R Us Canada in our city having Wave 3.

He went in and bought the last ones and didn't care to get me anything despite me asking.

Not happy. Thanks for taking them all! I won't be telling you anything anymore. Ass.

didn't he get the last ones though?

DJ_Lae

heh I picked up Yakuza 4, Transistor and Rogue Legacy for all platforms. I ain't playing those either! Fuck yeah, go me

I'm totally playing Rogue Legacy.

However, I bought Transistor a few months back and haven't played it. I feel like an idiot now.

Renewed

I asked him to get me something and at least share one with me.

He refuses.

Selfish.

Last time I share tips with him. He would have had ZERO if it wasn't for me.

Friendships have been tested and broken. Hold amiibo close and nothing else.

And Yakuza is on PS Plus? This'll be fun.

James31

Neo Member
toysrus sherway gardens only had bowser and toon link left. stoney creek had sheik, toon link and tons of bowser. got rosalina this morning from BB

Wait so basically Rosalina was not exclusive to those stupid overnight BB/FS orders after all??

Are you fucking kidding me?!

This day just keeps on getting better and better.

There was never any mention that she would be. All retailers in Canada got a chunk of Targets stock. So far Amazon, FS and BB have sold theirs. There's still Walmart, Toyrus, and EbGames left to go.

chrono01

For those who have the Majora's Mask New 3DS XL pre-ordered from Amazon.ca, I just noticed something strange.

In the listing, I found a notice that says [no, the below isn't a typo, it's listed like that on the site]:

US Version Pre-Order will be availbale in 1-3 weeks

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00S8IGG4U/

Does this mean what I think it does? That Amazon.ca isn't getting their shipment towards pre-orders from within Canada and that they're importing from the US before shipping them out to customers, hence the additional 1-3 week wait? If so, that makes me worry that our pre-orders will be fulfilled in the first place, not to mention the wait we'd need to go through...

I know it wasn't there when I originally placed my pre-order.

Harusame

I went to my Ebgames in Coquitlam and pre-ordered Toad and I also inquired about Rosalina, as I was unable to pre-order her from FS/BB. They did say they will receive one or two, however there are no pre-orders her and that first few people that are at the store whenever they receive will get one.

Other than that, I am slowly being burnt our from collecting amiibo. With me, attending post-secondary by Vancouver, volunteering at hospitals and working at Target (while it lasts), with the inclusion of trying to collect amiibos has been quite demanding. Also with my limited budget, due to tuition and what not, I don't know how much longer I will last.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
For those who have the Majora's Mask New 3DS XL pre-ordered from Amazon.ca, I just noticed something strange.

In the listing, I found a notice that says [no, the below isn't a typo, it's listed like that on the site]:

US Version Pre-Order will be availbale in 1-3 weeks

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00S8IGG4U/

Does this mean what I think it does? That Amazon.ca isn't getting their shipment towards pre-orders from within Canada and that they're importing from the US before shipping them out to customers, hence the additional 1-3 week wait? If so, that makes me worry that our pre-orders will be fulfilled in the first place, not to mention the wait we'd need to go through...

I know it wasn't there when I originally placed my pre-order.

Wave 3 Amiibos on Amazon said 2-3 weeks right up until they shipped last Friday. So I wouldn't be too concerned. I also have Majora's Mask N3DS and Majora's LE game from Amazon, so I hope I'm right. :p

Top Bottom