• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

then we can get back to bitching about shipping, and how there are no deals. those were more peaceful times.

literally? sure you want to stick with literally? I'm not going to look back and try to figure it out, but i bet something similar happened around Shulk as well.

It's not like Sony is releasing a super limited PS4 every week like Nintendo seems to be doing with Amiibos based on this thread

firehawk12

Subete no aware
literally? sure you want to stick with literally? I'm not going to look back and try to figure it out, but i bet something similar happened around Shulk as well.
You're talking about a product that was exclusive to a retailer that went out of business and then was made available in the most awkward fashion possible.

I think it would take some kind of miracle, like GameStop going out of business tomorrow and the MH4 3dses being distributed to FS, for something like that to happen again any time soon.

You're talking about a product that was exclusive to a retailer that went out of business and then was made available in the most awkward fashion possible.

I think it would take some kind of miracle, like GameStop going out of business tomorrow and the MH4 3dses being distributed to FS, for something like that to happen again any time soon.

lol okay, fine, sure. but you're harping on technicalities now, you know the point i'm making :p

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Yeah, but the Rosalina thing was literally a one time thing as well.

I haven't opened mine yet, but apparently it's better than the first game, so there's that. The DLC for it is insane though.

Never played a miku game, but I am a big fan of rhythm games and I am fine with vocaloid. Did you play the first one? enjoyed it?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Never played a miku game, but I am a big fan of rhythm games and I am fine with vocaloid. Did you play the first one? enjoyed it?
Yeah, I liked it, although I did it on PS3 because I didn't want to buy a digital only release (now, of course, it's cheaper because of the shitty CAD).

There used to be a demo that you might want to try to see if you like the system they use. It's quite different from say the Rock Band system or the DJ Max system, which you may be familiar with.

I'd also check out the Love Live game if you have any kind of phone or tablet device, if you haven't already.
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=898451

(Also, off topic discussion oh noes)

Anyone else get offered the Order CE for 15 bucks? I was only able to get the standard edition, but I'm ok with that

I'll just sell or return my FS E3 copy to a friend or someone

Jinto

Thank goodness. Now we can get back to shipping talk. Fucking UPS left Ar Nosurge outside in the snow all day yesterday. I almost stepped on the thing this morning.

Dolobill

I may just go back to Toronto GAF, even if it's just people bitching about burgers and ramen all the time. lol

I remember seeing a while back some gaffers were organizing a Toronto meet up. How did that go, if anyone here was a part of that? I'm pretty new to Edmonton and I still don't know many people. I would be down for something similar.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
lol okay, fine, sure. but you're harping on technicalities now, you know the point i'm making :p
I guess my other thing is that a lot of the noise happened at 3AM and I don't know what reasonable person can be mad about missing a deal being posted during that time.

at least we don't get ostracized from TO-GAF :p
I don't get how they can talk about food all the time though. lol

I remember seeing a while back some gaffers were organizing a Toronto meet up. How did that go, if anyone here was a part of that? I'm pretty new to Edmonton and I still don't know many people. I would be down for something similar.
They happen every few months, although I haven't been to the last couple. The ones I went to had about 10 people show up and it's fun. As someone who is mostly sober, I get to watch GAFfers get smashed and leave giant tips. lol

Sealtest

So what happens when a limited edition item such as the Majoras mask or the 20th anniversary ps4 happens we just make a thread for those for Canadians only?

mdubs

Banned
So what happens when a limited edition item such as the Majoras mask or the 20th anniversary ps4 happens we just make a thread for those for Canadians only?

When multiple editions of the 20th anniversary PS4s start coming out every month, then you can

ohlawd

if Canadians actually have good taste, this thread will hit critical mass with Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, game of the year all year all decade all millenium

kennah

You guys are overreacting. Amibos are never fucking stopping. The once in a while things are fine for the few pages/days they happen. But there is no end date to Amibos. I don't understand why there was so much resistance to pulling it out of this thread.

Shipping talk was nothing compared to Amibos.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Now Amiibo free!

BiPj2pdCAAAuNCo.jpg

Jinto

Yeah, maybe keep this one strictly a deals thread, and leave the other one for all other Canadian gaming discussions.

DVCY201

Eh, I'll jump ship to the other thread then. Enjoy all these great deals! No, seriously, I hope some good deals appear.

Maximus.

Man some people in this thread are being immature babies with their responses to the split of Amiibo talk. "Well then we will just use that thread for deals talk too!" Do you guys also do that in other threads too? Such weird behaviour. All around I am happy, I can look at Amiibo specific info there and all other deals and discussion here.

Jinto

Nah, I could care less either way. It was just a suggestion. There were plenty of people complaining before amiibos were even a thing.

ohlawd

Man some people in this thread are being immature babies with their responses to the split of Amiibo talk. "Well then we will just use that thread for deals talk too!" Do you guys also do that in other threads too? Such weird behaviour. All around I am happy, I can look at Amiibo specific info there and all other deals and discussion here.

aren't you ignoring the other side as well? the "glad we got those dumb plastic toys out of this thread" side?

Maximus.

aren't you ignoring the other side as well? the "glad we got those dumb plastic toys out of this thread" side?

No I am not. I for one actually follow the Amiibo discussion, but I understand from the other perspective why it can get annoying.

I think people who are saying "fine, well then we will take ALL of the discussion including deals and what not to the other thread" as an immature remark to make.

EDIT: and now some people are questioning what is considered a deal or worthy topic of discussion? Well if something is a limited release or whatever, that is relevant to this thread. 10 pages waiting for Rosalina to be released on Futureshop and Bestbuy, but constantly happening with each wave of amiibos is silly to maintain here for the people who do not care about Amiibo.

So we have now set the precedent that any talk of non deals/males is prohibited here.

I'll be sure to make a point of it whenever something unrelated is posted and push to make a separate thread or for people to go to the OT.

Should be fun with all the new release games and the New 3DS XL this month.

Good luck!

Vamphuntr

For PC gamers, The current Humble Bundle is Star Wars games. For 12$ (checked out to about 15,37$ CDN for me) you get :

Star Wars™ Knights of the Old Republic™
Star Wars™ Jedi Knight™: Jedi Academy™
Star Wars™: Dark Forces
Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II
Star Wars™ Knights of the Old Republic™ II: The Sith Lords™
Star Wars™ Republic Commando
Star Wars™ Empire At War: Gold Pack
Star Wars™ The Force Unleashed™: Ultimate Sith Edition
Star Wars™: The Force Unleashed™ II

Pretty great deal for 15$ and all are steam keys.

Maximus.

So we have now set the precedent that any talk of non deals/males is prohibited here.

I'll be sure to make a point of it whenever something unrelated is posted and push to make a separate thread or for people to go to the OT.

Should be fun with all the new release games and the New 3DS XL this month.

Good luck!

See I find a response like this just silly. There is a difference between talking about a release of a one time limited edition item, versus constantly talking about a whole product line that is constantly being released. It's petty to respond to everyone who talks about some new product for a short time and bully them into making a new thread.

Perhaps we need to redefine what this thread is about because apparently Amiibo's have broken it.

Top Bottom