• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

mdubs

Banned
Perfect. Is Samus still easy to find? I think I'll get her amiibo in order to prepare for the Metroid n3DS game.
Not anymore, pretty much sold out everywhere. I manage to snag one from Amazon last Friday but it's unclear if that's the last of them or not.

ohlawd

Not anymore, pretty much sold out everywhere. I manage to snag one from Amazon last Friday but it's unclear if that's the last of them or not.

haven't seen Samus in ages. the hell, I should have kept that preorder. the number of times I've walked past her in store and saying "eh she'll always be available"

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
So downtown Futureshop in Vancouver had Toon Link, Sheik and Bowser:

10506629_10153145287977664_5531129786042095374_o.jpg

However when I tried to buy the Toon Link the computer locked me out and they said I couldn't buy it till the Friday. The lady was nice enough to hold it for me so I can do a pick up on Friday. They also informed me they only had those 3 of wave 3 so far...

I went out to a couple of stores, but only looked at Amiibos in one and they didn't have a great selection.

Future Shop is where I didn't look at them, but I wanted to comment on how someone mentioned they may be getting out of games.

It felt like a barren desert in the Xbox aisle. No first party controllers, wide open shelving for 360 (understandable, I guess), a middling selection for One, no real accessories.

Sora_N

So downtown Futureshop in Vancouver had Toon Link, Sheik and Bowser:

10506629_10153145287977664_5531129786042095374_o.jpg

However when I tried to buy the Toon Link the computer locked me out and they said I couldn't buy it till the Friday. The lady was nice enough to hold it for me so I can do a pick up on Friday. They also informed me they only had those 3 of wave 3 so far...

So Friday is actually the day huh, did they put all the other figures back after though?

Earlier in the thread a week or so ago (I think) there was a list of games that qualified for EB games trade promo anyone have a link?

I wanna see if i have anything for Bloodborne.

EDIT NM found it.

chrono01

I received my Ike, Toon Link, Sheik, Dedede, and Bowser Amiibo from Amazon.ca today.

Now I'm just waiting on Sonic, Mega Man, and Rosalina...

iiicon

Earlier in the thread a week or so ago (I think) there was a list of games that qualified for EB games trade promo anyone have a link?

I wanna see if i have anything for Bloodborne.

EDIT NM found it.
I'm surprised by the games eligible for this promotion. There's some Xbox One launch games on there, like Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5. If The Order gets good reviews I think I might take advantage of it.

jholmes

I received my Ike, Toon Link, Sheik, Dedede, and Bowser Amiibo from Amazon.ca today.

Now I'm just waiting on Sonic, Mega Man, and Rosalina...

I'm supposed to get my Dedede today but we got some snow here two nights back and I haven't gotten any mail all week. I'm feeling like the mail man may have just abandoned his route.

CANADA AMIIBO UPDATE - FUTURE SHOP

My local Future Shop will have all of Wave 3 tomorrow including Meta Knight.

They did not know how many would be up for grabs for non-preorders as my store did preorders.

Will be trying to grab Mega Man and Meta Knight tomorrow. I have an online order for Meta Knight with Future Shop as a back up and an in store preorder for Mega Man at EB Games who haven't received Sonic and Mega Man yet.

zroid

Banned
sS2MJI1.png

CANADA AMIIBO UPDATE - FUTURE SHOP

My local Future Shop will have all of Wave 3 tomorrow including Meta Knight.

They did not know how many would be up for grabs for non-preorders as my store did preorders.

Will be trying to grab Mega Man and Meta Knight tomorrow. I have an online order for Meta Knight with Future Shop as a back up and an in store preorder for Mega Man at EB Games who haven't received Sonic and Mega Man yet.

Wow, didn't they say no Meta Knight in stores? Maybe I should have a look... I don't really want Meta Knight that much though :lol

stn

Friends, any ideas on where I can buy the Avermedia C875 for the best price? Best Buy and FS had it for $160 but they sold out right when I decided to pull the trigger. Ideas? I've already looked at Amazon, its $220. No way. Thanks!
Quoting myself. Sorry for the repost, my question got lost very quickly amid all the amibo talk. I've checked out NCIX, Shop, Canada Computers, Best Buy, Future Shop. Am I missing any other retailers or lesser-known computer stores?

kennah

Quoting myself. Sorry for the repost, my question got lost very quickly amid all the amibo talk. I've checked out NCIX, Shop, Canada Computers, Best Buy, Future Shop. Am I missing any other retailers or lesser-known computer stores?

search shopbot.ca

veras

Newegg.ca has it but you have to eat $12 shipping. Good place to shop though, really solid customer service.

mdubs

Banned
I would go and scope out tomorrow but I have class, too bad. I really should have checked out Markville Toysrus when I was out today, oh well. Only thing I really want is Mega Man at this point, good hunting everyone!

SickBoy

This is fucking ridiculous. We need a separate Amiibo thread.

"There's been more talk about Amiibo talk than there is Amiibo talk"

new Amiibos are released

700-ish posts in less than a day

EDIT: Again, not really clear about why it would be so terrible to hive that discussion off into its own thread, since there's so much activity on that single topic.

Yeah, if people are going to go and ramble on for five pages in the middle of the night about a preorder for one figure, then even I can sympathize with wanting a separate thread for the discussion haha. A normal about of talk, I can handle, but shit like that is just silly. I don't even know why that was happening here over the regular amiibo thread.

therapist

Whats the deal with amiibos?

Why is this so popular?

It seems some of them are rare , and therefore you make a decent profit, i guess? , or people just really like collecting this stuff?

So many RFD threads on these its insane

Im genuinely curious as i dont get it

Whats the deal with amiibos?

Why is this so popular?

It seems some of them are rare , and therefore you make a decent profit , or people just really like collecting this stuff?

Im genuinely curious as i dont get it

how have you gone this far while learning nothing through sheer osmosis?

For those complaining about Amiibo talk. Understand that Wave 3 was just released.

So when the New 3DS XL or The Order comes out and everyone is talking about it here. I will be sure to complain and tell them to go to the OT threads unless they are saying one of them is on sale with a deal.

It happened with new consoles, new games and more.

If we are going to censor like this then it should be for everything. No discussion, only deals.

For those complaining about Amiibo talk. Understand that Wave 3 was just released.

So when the New 3DS XL or The Order comes out and everyone is talking about it here. I will be sure to complain and tell them to go to the OT threads unless they are saying one of them is on sale with a deal.

It happened with new consoles, new games and more.

If we are going to censor like this then it should be for everything. No discussion, only deals.

i normally agree, but last night caused me to start switching sides. i feel like there's a case to be made where sure, this is the catch-all everything-Canada talk place, for things that don't fit into or necessitate other threads. but thing is, there's clearly enough amiibo discussion to warrant and justify it's own thread.

five pages last night!! five! about Rosalina!! that's fucking silly!

and while it's true that Wave 3 just came out, let's be honest; this happens when new ones are announced, when new ones go on sale, when new ones ship, when new ones go up for preorders. these things have been on sale for like three months and we're already discussing Wave 4, so there isn't really long periods of stagnation between amiibo-related events to discuss.

i'll survive either way, but i'm just saying, i get it. i don't know what happened in the past two days, but the more i think about it the less reason i can see to keep the discussion here. in it's own thread it's more focused and singular, that seems like a benefit to me. and it's not like the people of that thread will be abandoning this one haha, it's just a new thread to take those talking points.

I'm willing to make a Canadian amiibo thread (and I've already done a prototype OP).

I would post it, but I don't want it to get locked.

Should we contact a mod first?

KarmaCow

Might want to make your case to a mod first. A Canada only splinter thread for Amiibos sounds like the sort of thing that would get locked at first glance.

Mattiator

I'm willing to make a Canadian amiibo thread (and I've already done a prototype OP).

I think it would be a great idea. I am always in here for the amiibo talk and it would make it easier to have a dedicated thread.

CRA5H

I'm all for a Canada-Amiibo thread as I'm guilty for contributing to the amiibo talk here.

The general amiibo thread is filled with posts from across the world and you not often see someone posting their location in posts when discussing availability. Also, that is one of the quickest moving threads so sorting through posts (as you've seen here) can be quite an annoyance which is why this thread has been filled with amiibo talk. I feel we have a big enough Canadian Amiibo community to warrant it's own thread.

mdubs

Banned

Please just go ahead and do it, if it gets locked it gets locked. The meta-discussion complaints about amiibos are getting tiring

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Mods don't lock threads really unless it's something stupid. The general policy is that if no one gives a shit, it'll just die and get buried by the other threads.

Besides, the Rosalina thing was basically an exception. I didn't give a shit about the PS4 anniversary thing, but I assume there was lots of bitching in this thread about how hard it was to preorder them or whatever.

Dolobill

Please do! Personally, this thread is practically irrelevant to me these days since 90% of the discussion is about amiibo. I keep coming back though, hoping for gaming deals... :(

Besides, the Rosalina thing was basically an exception. I didn't give a shit about the PS4 anniversary thing, but I assume there was lots of bitching in this thread about how hard it was to preorder them or whatever.

True, certain topics can take over for a time, but the difference is those are usually isolated things. 20th Anniversary PS4 came and went, so to did the discussion

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
So the vita miku game also went down to 29.99. I'm seeing this on amazon as well as futureshop. This is tempting as hell. Anyone here wanna push me over the edge?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
True, certain topics can take over for a time, but the difference is those are usually isolated things. 20th Anniversary PS4 came and went, so to did the discussion
Yeah, but the Rosalina thing was literally a one time thing as well.

So the vita miku game also went down to 29.99. I'm seeing this on amazon as well as futureshop. This is tempting as hell. Anyone here wanna push me over the edge?
I haven't opened mine yet, but apparently it's better than the first game, so there's that. The DLC for it is insane though.

Top Bottom