• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

BigBossJelly

Neo Member
After unlocking some costumes for Mario Kart 8, I just put them in my office, they bring back some cherished memories for when im stressed, specially Diddy and Donkey, they give me nostalgia for Donkey Kong Country era.

You know its weird I actually remember all the stories I have getting my Amiibos, the luckiness I got with Captain Falcon and Wii Fit Trainer by just walking in random stores and the rush to go and try and get Little Mac. Good times, I can't wait to pass these stories to my chillins.

jholmes

UGH WHAT THE FUCK IT NEVER SHOWED UP IN THE SEARCH

I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE I MISSED IT A WHOLE FUCKING HOUR AGO

I FUCKING STAYED UP DESPITE IT BEING MY BIRTHDAY TODAY AND TOTALLY RUINING MY NIGHT OF SLEEP

FUCK THIS SHIT

FUCK YOU FUTURE SHOP FOR RUINING MY BIRTHDAY

I can't even go back to sleep now, I'm too pissed!!!!!

This makes me sad. Can't anyone hook the birthday boy up?

Dazzler

not getting into Amiibos has to be one of my best decisions of 2014

fuck all of the stress involved in trying to collect em

Or you can just focus on a few characters you really like instead of trying to collect the entire damn series like seemingly 50% of this forum. There are starving children in Africa, you know!

N° 2048

Or you can just focus on a few characters you really like instead of trying to collect the entire damn series like seemingly 50% of this forum. There are starving children in Africa, you know!

Haha, you made me laugh but it's true. It's so easy to get caught up.

I told myself only Rosalina(please don't cancel my order for some odd reason Futureshop...) and maybe one or two other character I really like.

antibolo

Banned
This makes me sad. Can't anyone hook the birthday boy up?

No, don't bother, I don't want it anymore. I'm boycotting amiibos until Nintendo gets their shit together. I don't want to further encourage their shady, incompetent business practices.

Still haven't decided how to destroy my existing amiibos yet. I'm open for suggestions. If possible I'll do it tonight as a nice birthday gift to myself.
Would microwaving them be safe? Probably not??

I thought people hated Rosalina? I found her annoying, myself, in Galaxy. I've never played Galaxy 2, but own it.

I'm not a fan, but I was tempted to stay up until 1:00 a.m. because my friend's sister really wanted her. Fell asleep nearly two hours early. NoA can kiss the fattest, whitest part of my ass.

Banned
The totem pole of importance to NoA

New York Nintendo World Store
I
United States of America
I
Cockroaches
I
Scalpers
I
Canada

zroid

Banned
I thought people hated Rosalina? I found her annoying, myself, in Galaxy. I've never played Galaxy 2, but own it.

for some reason most people either love or hate Rosalina. it's all silliness to me, but I think the amiibo looks cool and I think she's a fun character in Smash Bros.

My sense is the haters are largely Daisy fans who feel slighted because Nintendo went and created this new princess character who is becoming increasingly canonical, while Daisy continues to get left out in non-spinoff games. Just speculating though.

Banned
The collector in me wants to buy two of each. One to keep sealed and one to actually use. That would mean rebuying the seven I already own.

(mat)

UGH WHAT THE FUCK IT NEVER SHOWED UP IN THE SEARCH

I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE I MISSED IT A WHOLE FUCKING HOUR AGO

I FUCKING STAYED UP DESPITE IT BEING MY BIRTHDAY TODAY AND TOTALLY RUINING MY NIGHT OF SLEEP

FUCK THIS SHIT

FUCK YOU FUTURE SHOP FOR RUINING MY BIRTHDAY

I can't even go back to sleep now, I'm too pissed!!!!!

These are the reasons that make me want to hunt for Amiibo. As much as I don't really care whether or not I get them all, I want people who want them to get them.

Guys, we've gotta band together and find this guy a Rosalina. Harness the powers of the Amiibo search for good.

Edit:

No, don't bother, I don't want it anymore. I'm boycotting amiibos until Nintendo gets their shit together. I don't want to further encourage their shady, incompetent business practices.

Still haven't decided how to destroy my existing amiibos yet. I'm open for suggestions. If possible I'll do it tonight as a nice birthday gift to myself.

Missed this part. I think you're just sleep deprived and angry. Let CanadaGAF help.

Omlagus

Just caught up on the massive thread deluge and I gotta say it's been pretty damn entertaining!

I feel bad for those who missed out. I could really feel the sleep deprivation starting to kick in just before 3 AM, reading some of those posts. Pretty crazy that no Twitter link actually seemed to go up.

I feel bad because I was here when it went up and could have easily got one to give to someone here which I almost did but then decided fuck it.

Man, even then it just sounds like a recipe for rage. I can't imagine being in poor antibolo's shoes if I'd just wanted Rosalina. My interest in amiibos was only ever for certain characters (say, Shulk or Lucina) but based on how rare those characters have been and how quickly they get snapped up: no thanks, not even for one or two of the many figure models released or pending.

Don't do it, man! You don't have to buy anymore (and I think you shouldn't) but you don't have to destroy the ones you have either. I mean, you must've bought them for a reason, right? That might still be valid once you get over losing Rosalina.

jholmes

I'm only getting the ones I want. I got Dedede coming in the mail today and he's the only tricky one so far, but I'm already feeling awful about Ness.

Missed this part. I think you're just sleep deprived and angry. Let CanadaGAF help.

Seconded! Someone have a heart and grab an extra when the next Rosalina batch goes up on Walmart or wherever.

AMIIBO ALERT!!!

The Toys R Us in my city just got ROSALINA AND SHIEK!!!!

Nothing else however.

Rosalina!?@!? WTF!

Northwestern Ontario

Ok. You're not technically in Northwestern Ontario. I'M in Northwestern Ontario and there's no TRU here. Unless you're in Thunderbay, then I'll give you a pass.

Edit: OMG sleep deprivation kicking in.

Nibiru

Banned

I don't think it's been that hard tbh I mean most people have been able to get most of the rare ones online meaning no lining up or any of that shit. It's still not ideal but not having to line up really makes a huge difference.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
What do you guys do with these figures after you get them?

We buy a lot more video game memorabilia than Amiibo and most of it goes on display. Some of the lesser stuff gets stored away, or goes into some what of a rotation for what I feel like having out. We have a lot of framed prints up too. It helps when you marry someone who is just as into games as you are. :p

ah crap...now this?

Mortal-Kombat-X_Kollectors.jpg

kennah

Ok. You're not technically in Northwestern Ontario. I'M in Northwestern Ontario and there's no TRU here. Unless you're in Thunderbay, then I'll give you a pass.

Edit: OMG sleep deprivation kicking in.
Where are you? I'm from so far Northwest Ontario that it used to be Manitoba

Apathy

I asked for it for that price, the guy said no, I can only have 10% off, then I said no thanks, and he's like ok we'll do it
lol

Did anyone that get the collectors for $15 see the change on their order instantly? Cause I got the rep to say he changed my collector's edition was changed to $15 but when checking my order it has not changed. I got the transcript so I might just wait a day and see what happens

BigBossJelly

Neo Member
If there's a Amiibo that I truly, desperately want it's Mega Man.

I got that preorded on Amazon a long time ago, it SHOULD come hopefully. But I'll get in line somewhere here and try to pick up an extra in case anybody here needs one. Or I could use it to trade for a rare Amiibo :p

Top Bottom