• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

kennah

So we have now set the precedent that any talk of non deals/males is prohibited here.

I'll be sure to make a point of it whenever something unrelated is posted and push to make a separate thread or for people to go to the OT.

Should be fun with all the new release games and the New 3DS XL this month.

Good luck!

You're being childish and ridiculous. It hasn't set a precedent for anything. If any of those things were constantly releasing new stuff every week with no end, then for sure it should move to a new thread. The things you are mentioning are in context of this thread. Amibos and the constant new releases that was overwhelming the thread is not.

NYR

Do we need this? I mean come on, this is a video game forum. Let's not act like some of us are so much more mature.

It was an honest, legitimate question. I'm entitled to my opinion, if people are insulted by it, it might be time for some personal reflection. Anyways, I do agree with you that it doesn't add to the thread, I won't comment on it any further.

Lothars

We'll just have to see how it goes, hopefully some people from both sides will be happy.
I hope so, I just hope it doesn't start a bad precidece of other things moving out of this thread for little to no reason. I really like having this thread and think it's a negative to start splitting off.

So we have now set the precedent that any talk of non deals/males is prohibited here.

I'll be sure to make a point of it whenever something unrelated is posted and push to make a separate thread or for people to go to the OT.

Good luck!
I don't exactly feel the same way but in a sense you are correct.

Jinto

Assassin's Creed: Unity
Xbox One digital download for $19.49

(Site is legit, got Far Cry 4 from there for PS4)

http://gamedealdaily.com/xbox-one/assassins-creed-unity-full-game-download-2/

All this Amiibo stuff is getting annoying..on to more deals!

Playstation 4 Eye Camera
$53.00+Free Shipping

Hey, man, thanks for trying.

The camera has been $40 many times though. Maybe that's how the deals are gonna be from now on. :/

Good luck!

Never has an avatar fit a personality so perfectly.

For PC gamers, The current Humble Bundle is Star Wars games. For 12$ (checked out to about 15,37$ CDN for me) you get :

Star Wars™ Knights of the Old Republic™
Star Wars™ Jedi Knight™: Jedi Academy™
Star Wars™: Dark Forces
Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II
Star Wars™ Knights of the Old Republic™ II: The Sith Lords™
Star Wars™ Republic Commando
Star Wars™ Empire At War: Gold Pack
Star Wars™ The Force Unleashed™: Ultimate Sith Edition
Star Wars™: The Force Unleashed™ II

Pretty great deal for 15$ and all are steam keys.

Woah, holy shit. Why aren't we all stoked on this??

kennah

The people who are stoked are posting in the appropriate thread ;) (i kid, I kid) I'm super stoked, going to pick it up Friday and probably never play any of it.

My first thought as well.

So any early word on Target liquidation deals for Thursday?

I'm going to swing by Sony and Target on Friday to check out the clearances. Going in with no expectation. Would be nice to find a cheap blu-ray player (I don't have one, my PS3 is a dead laser one that a friend gave me (Digital Future))

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I am. I bought this. What should I be playing? Never played any of 'em.

I'm between RPGs so I'm not really looking to play KOTOR right now.

Republic Commando is a FPS, but a really good one. It shows its age a little bit, but I think it's worth playing through. Especially if it inspires you to read the book series it's based on, because I enjoyed those a lot too.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?

Honestly, because these humble bundles are generally always awesome! I am out of stoke.
Everyone should buy this if they don't already own these games. KOTOR series specifically is a must play.

Vamphuntr

They will be adding more games to the star wars bundle so make sure you beat the 12$ if you want to retroactively get everything.

See I find a response like this just silly. There is a difference between talking about a release of a one time limited edition item, versus constantly talking about a whole product line that is constantly being released. It's petty to respond to everyone who talks about some new product for a short time and bully them into making a new thread.

Perhaps we need to redefine what this thread is about because apparently Amiibo's have broken it.

You're being childish and ridiculous. It hasn't set a precedent for anything. If any of those things were constantly releasing new stuff every week with no end, then for sure it should move to a new thread. The things you are mentioning are in context of this thread. Amibos and the constant new releases that was overwhelming the thread is not.

I hope so, I just hope it doesn't start a bad precidece of other things moving out of this thread for little to no reason. I really like having this thread and think it's a negative to start splitting off.

I don't exactly feel the same way but in a sense you are correct.

Never has an avatar fit a personality so perfectly.

Nobodyshero your passive aggressive comments to me ever since I called you out on scalping Amiibos in this thread are hilarious.

There was just as much talk when the PS4 and Xbox One came out. There will be for something else in the future.

It is unfair to lay this type of rule down during the launch of an item. Before Wave 3 came out there wasn't as much talk.

We will just have to wait and see.

jholmes

The real crime is lack of controller support in (I assume) all these games. I hope at least force unleashed has it.

I forgot to check.

Partial controller support: Force Unleashed II and Battlefront II. That's it.

Well, that makes the list of games I'll actually play from this bundle a lot shorter than I'd have guessed.

And specifically a thread for the Star Wars Humble Bundle too. Welp.

That is NOT the point being made with all the amiibo stuff, and people know it. This is getting fucking ridiculous. The amount of salt people have over this is incredible. We all know it was never a problem of discussing something or not, it was simply a matter of discussing it sooooooo much, that it would be better served in its own thread.

It's not a bad thing, and it's not a punishment to anyone. There's literally zero downsides for either party. There are no need for hall monitors keeping people in check on what they can and can't discuss. This was simply a matter of "holy fuck there's a metric fuck ton of amiibo talk going on here, and it's not going away any time soon, so let's give it its own thread".

I mean, that thread is ALREADY up to five pages. Safe to say it's well deserved.

Nobodyshero your passive aggressive comments to me ever since I called you out on scalping Amiibos in this thread are hilarious.

You didn't call me out on anything, you just didn't do math in your head

Dunlop

That is NOT the point being made with all the amiibo stuff, and people know it. This is getting fucking ridiculous. The amount of salt people have over this is incredible. We all know it was never a problem of discussing something or not, it was simply a matter of discussing it sooooooo much, that it would be better served in its own thread
I think the fact that in 2 hours the other thread is at over 200 posts support this

I think the fact that in 2 hours the other thread is at over 200 posts support this

The issue is what has now become a view that Canadian Amiibo hunters did not want to be part of the Amiibo Discussion thread.

The precedent has now been set that every country or region should have their own thread.

Good luck!
Byron, it's not that we don't want any non-deals discussion here... the point is that Amiibo talk not only dominates this thread like a big new console/game release, but it does so consistently due to the amount of releases and preorders, etc. If Amiibo's were released once a year and dominated discussion for a week or so, like every other game, then people wouldn't have a problem.

Then again I don't know why I'm bothering dealing with you considering that you hijacked the Grim Fandango thread and made all of these posts within a 24-hour time span about not immediately having access to a PS4 theme:

Trying now.

No theme. Fucking liars.
Nothing shows up there. You preordered?

I will be calling them tomorrow to follow up with the manager and reference number I have. Fucking disaster and liars.
16 hours left...

What. The. Fuck.

I'm on a wired 100mps connection.

I shouldn't have bought it until I knew the theme would be provided. Will likely get a refund in the morning if it doesn't pan out.
I really want the damn theme!
It doesn't even show the theme as an option.

It says "Themes 0" in the store for me. Ugh
I found it. Says I don't own the preorder.

Either they lied or things aren't worked out. I'm going to go with lie or misinformed.

Will be going to bed now. Refund in the morning and will buy it on Steam.

=..(
I'll see what the word is when I wake up.

I wanted that theme more than the game. :(
I don't understand what is so difficult to understand? As a big fan I really wanted the theme.

I wouldn't have bought it on PS4 otherwise.
Ugh.

Hopefully they just sell it in the future.

Good night.
We aren't getting it. It was lies and nothing else.
Because I call out bullshit when I see it and make those people actually work and not use prescripted lines to get them off the phone?

Too bad.
They preordered.

Preorders got pulled early today for now reason.

Called Sony and management said the same was coming tonight, and that the preorder pull was a mistake and that all purchasers would get the theme.

Didn't happen.
Will make sure to take note of the unfriendly bunch of people I've met in this thread tonight.
Aaaaaand no change to theme availability.
Preorders got it, no preorders did not.

Was told everyone would be getting it but that never panned out yet.

Will be calling Sony today to figure it out. If they lied and aren't giving it to everyone I'll be refunding my PS4 copy and getting it for Steam.
I will give them until the store officially updates today to see. Then I will be calling them.

If the person I spoke with provided false information I will be getting a refund and purchasing it on Steam.

Will likely never buy anything off the PSN store I don't have to. The fact they basically ruined the launch of one of my favourite games will stick with them forever.
I really hope we all get access to the theme when the store updates.

If not refund will be a go for the Steam version.

I'll buy the them if it hopefully goes on sale one day :(
Why is my availability of funds to preorder any of your business?

Fuck
I hope so :(

Still holding out for the store update to fix everything. Otherwise I will be very sad. I haven't even had the motivation to launch the game
Why did this have to happen to my favourite game of all time. I am so down =\
Store has updated and no change with the theme.

Very dissapointed.

I'll have to call them and see if anything is possible. Otherwise it's a refund.

I'm going to get my discs working instead. What a botched launch. Thanks a lot Sony and Double Fine.
On the phone with support and they keep telling me to wait for the store to complete updating regarding the theme.

I escalated to someone else. The store is updated is it not?
Well I submitted for my refund.

Absolutely disgusted by Sony support for providing misinformation and for Double Fine that hasn't done anything to help as Sony fucks up the launch of this game.

I was so excited to play this game and now I am not at all. I am upset, sad and angry.

I don't want to revisit this wonderful game with this awful experience hanging over my head.

I'll buy it on Steam in the future and play it at some point.

Thanks Sony and Double Fine for ruining something I've waited for so long.

=(
Not for me. It's more than that too. They lied to me.
Preorders unlocked a day late unless you redownloaded and knew how to do it

Preorders were removed without warning and people got screwed out of the theme and preload

Other issues regarding downloads and preloads

A big mess for Sony and Double Fine IMO. I got a refund. Not rewarding this bullshit.
Didn't get my PM eh?

You're just pathetic at this point feeding off of my issue you find hilarious.

Edit: Zero please stop sending me PMs flaunting your theme.
My friend can't download it either. Doesn't appear in his download list.

What a disaster.

But he can download the theme.
That is literally one day's worth of posts from you in an official thread dedicated to the game (and not one dedicated to being unable to download a theme at launch).

So I'm sorry, but you don't have much of a foot to stand on when it comes to proper thread etiquette.

Yasumi

Banned
Yep, it was literally consuming the thread. 500 posts overnight for a toy only kind of related to video games, when a general Amiibo thread already exists, is ridiculous. Considering all that talk was only really relevant to a specific demographic, it clogged discussion for everybody else. With no end in sight, the split had to happen.

mdubs

Banned
Ok this meta discussion has reached irritating levels, I think at this point everyone just needs to accept that there is a separate thread for amiibos.

Like at this rate this thread is heading towards getting locked judging by the quality of discussion for the last 2 pages, please let's just move on and get back on topic.

This is only a quasi-deal, but if you have a PS4:

Go onto The Order's official site here:

https://theorder.playstation.com/

And click on all 10 sections (you don't have to watch the whole video, just get them to start, then close them).

After you do the 10th, you'll get a code for a free The Order theme.

I'm glad amiibo folk have their own place as well. So any deals on Wii u games or ps4 games. Club Nintendo has been down forever. I need a game to playyyyy.

Ondore

Most of which are Ubi games which all things considered, are cheaper on the eShop right now.

---

Is EB doing anything for people who want to trade a 2DS for the New 3DS? XLs are $100, OG 3DS is $80, but if I can get close to the $80 for this 2DS I'd do it in a flash.

Most of which are Ubi games which all things considered, are cheaper on the eShop right now.

---

Is EB doing anything for people who want to trade a 2DS for the New 3DS? XLs are $100, OG 3DS is $80, but if I can get close to the $80 for this 2DS I'd do it in a flash.

I don't think so, not that I've seen. Might be worth calling them to see. I want them to reveal which locations are doing midnight openings

The power of Amiibos

They drive people to madness. MADNESS. Something so powerful that it drives people into insanity.

I'm glad amiibo folk have their own place as well. So any deals on Wii u games or ps4 games. Club Nintendo has been down forever. I need a game to playyyyy.

Since you brought up Club Nintendo and Nintendo's inability in being into network infrastructure. If you're me and you're gonna pick up some free 3DS games (Kid Icarus Uprising is on there I've never played it) and you're planning on getting an N3DS at some point NCIX has this: http://www.ncix.com/detail/kingston-32gb-microsdhc-class-10-c0-90256-1120.htm

The deal ends tomorrow though. Now if only I could get into Club Nintendo to get Kid Icarus Uprising. God damn it Nintendo.

This is only a quasi-deal, but if you have a PS4:

Go onto The Order's official site here:

https://theorder.playstation.com/

And click on all 10 sections (you don't have to watch the whole video, just get them to start, then close them).

After you do the 10th, you'll get a code for a free The Order theme.

Dude. You are ridiculous. Glad you have all that time to search my posts.

All of it was true. Support lied. People got fucked on preorders because of PS Store issues. The launch was ruined for me.

Learn how to ignore posts and posters people. Yeesh. Boggles the mind.

Top Bottom