• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Anth0ny

Got a response regarding applying a recently acquired gift card to the MM n3DS I ordered from ebgames.ca in January:

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for contacting EBGames.ca!

In regards to your inquiry,

We regret to inform you we are unable to update orders with a gift card payment after it has been placed on EBGames.ca

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Feel free to contact us again if you have any additional questions or concerns regarding this matter. You may also contact us via 1-877-442-6303 if you require additional assistance.

:(

fuckin thing is so expensive, and now I have a bunch of eb games giftcards and nothing to really spend them on in the foreseeable future (I get all my games from futureshop E3 deals)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Got a response regarding applying a recently acquired gift card to the MM n3DS I ordered from ebgames.ca in January:

fuckin thing is so expensive, and now I have a bunch of eb games giftcards and nothing to really spend them on in the foreseeable future (I get all my games from futureshop E3 deals)
Can't you just return it in store and rebuy it with giftcards?

zroid

Banned

maybe you can return it and then immediately re purchase it at a store? dunno if they will allow that but possibly

Call them. I called and had them do exactly that. They can 100% do it

mdubs

Banned
I wish every site could use Amazon's ordering system, all the other retailers seem to have trouble making the simplest changes like applying a gift card
Just wanted to thank whoever decided to move the Amiibo discussion to its own thread. We've already saved 1,200 posts that would have cluttered this thread. It's cool that people are into Amiibo, but I personally find that stuff pretty stupid.

Thanks for your passive aggressive remark, you would have had a constructive post and not been a dick if you left out the last part.

I wish every site could use Amazon's ordering system, all the other retailers seem to have trouble making the simplest changes like applying a gift card

Thanks for your passive aggressive remark, you would have had a constructive post and not been a dick if you left out the last part.

It's my opinion, which is what forums are about. I acknowledged that other people like them and can understand that. I just think they're lame and am shocked how much people hunt for them.

A lady drove through the stop sign that is posted before the pedestrian walkway linking the Target to its parking lot, and just about hit a couple. They weren't too impressed and stood there, giving her shit as I was walking in.

That was the only rudeness (on her part) that I saw.

Joeku

I went to the Target at Pickering Town Centre in Toronto. It was alright, the sales were pretty disappointing [up to 30%, 5% off video games, and 20% off LEGO pieces (which was awesome)]. The line up was alright but I got there around 8am.

If you were there at 8 am you saw me. I work electronics. Everything game related is 10% off, not 5.

cool, yeah just do it if you can, I'm sure a bunch of us would appreciate it. If it's too much trouble though, no skin off anyone's back

Great of you! I'd take one off your hands right away! No worries if it end up being a pain in the ass and you skip going.

Hey guys, this is kind of awkward but I was only able to get one more from there. :/
I can flip a coin later to see who gets it?

zroid

Banned
It's my opinion, which is what forums are about. I acknowledged that other people like them and can understand that. I just think they're lame and am shocked how much people hunt for them.

It's a dick move because no one can respond in this thread. Amiibo discussion doesn't exist here anymore. It's effectively a drive-by post. You can share your opinions about amiibo but do it in the amiibo thread next time.

Just checked out the Target at the Stockyards in Toronto. Just like all the other Targets, all the games are 10% off. I only checked out the 3DS section cause, naturally, that's relevant to my interests.

Not only did they not have a copy of Persona Q, but it looks like they never had it. No copies of ORAS to be had, but X and Y were still plentiful. Didn't see any copies of Monster Hunter. No copies of Smash left despite the fact that it was still in the display 3DS (I didn't ask whether it was a physical or digital copy. Maybe I should have.) And furthermore they put in a copy of Mario - I want to say NSMB? The 2D Mario Brothers. Not 3D Land - in the place where Smash was supposed to be. I sure hope they aren't trying to trick kids or parents. Anyway, the eShop cards were totally cleared out, as were all the handhelds. The only console I found around was a Wii Mini, and let's face it, those things probably aren't worth 100% off, let alone 10.

I was sort of tempted by Bravely Default and Theatrhythm Curtain Call, which they still had several copies of. But I figure, if I'm only gonna be saving 4 and 3 dollars respectively, I could probably do better buying a used copy at EB or something. There you're pretty much guaranteed to get 5 off a used copy (at least that's the case whenever I've gone. It might be different now, I'm not sure.)

Just goes to show that some people will go nuts even for 10% off.

Best Buy is doing trade 2 get a 70 dollar gift card again, list isn't long at all but there are a couple games i don't want to play anymore (Destiny and Mordor)

Just checked out the Target at the Stockyards in Toronto. Just like all the other Targets, all the games are 10% off. I only checked out the 3DS section cause, naturally, that's relevant to my interests.

Not only did they not have a copy of Persona Q, but it looks like they never had it. No copies of ORAS to be had, but X and Y were still plentiful. Didn't see any copies of Monster Hunter. No copies of Smash left despite the fact that it was still in the display 3DS (I didn't ask whether it was a physical or digital copy. Maybe I should have.) And furthermore they put in a copy of Mario - I want to say NSMB? The 2D Mario Brothers. Not 3D Land - in the place where Smash was supposed to be. I sure hope they aren't trying to trick kids or parents. Anyway, the eShop cards were totally cleared out, as were all the handhelds. The only console I found around was a Wii Mini, and let's face it, those things probably aren't worth 100% off, let alone 10.

I was sort of tempted by Bravely Default and Theatrhythm Curtain Call, which they still had several copies of. But I figure, if I'm only gonna be saving 4 and 3 dollars respectively, I could probably do better buying a used copy at EB or something. There you're pretty much guaranteed to get 5 off a used copy (at least that's the case whenever I've gone. It might be different now, I'm not sure.)

I think I will hold my ground and see what sticks around for the next stage of the sale.

On the news Wednesday: Judge gives okay to liquidation, Target to start tomorrow.
On the news yesterday: Target liquidation begins, customers upset with lack of deals.

Sajjaja

On the news Wednesday: Judge gives okay to liquidation, Target to start tomorrow.
On the news yesterday: Target liquidation begins, customers upset with lack of deals.

Yet there they are...
B9GcAADCYAIsTub.jpg:large

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I actually went in today, and maybe it's because it was 1pm, but it was fairly quiet. I think the first day drove most of the people away. :p

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
If Bayonetta 2 is still there when video games hit 20% off, I might bite. Has anyone seen Bayo 2 at SDM though, because I might just go for points instead.

Jinto

I'll head to Target today after class, since it's right across the street. All I want is a second Vita memory card for my PSTV. Might check out some Blu-rays while I'm there.

ohlawd

I actually went in today, and maybe it's because it was 1pm, but it was fairly quiet. I think the first day drove most of the people away. :p

if we see bigger discounts on CDs, I'm back in

I'll get Kanye West's College Dropout and Taylor Swift's 1989, Deluxe edition >_>

Sora_N

If Bayonetta 2 is still there when video games hit 20% off, I might bite. Has anyone seen Bayo 2 at SDM though, because I might just go for points instead.

SDM doesn't carry most games lol, they seem to only carry the big titles for WiiU. Never stocked Hyrule Warriors or Captain Toad.

jholmes

Liquidation Target sucks and everywhere I go I see stuff I bought months ago at much lower prices than what's offered now. The big difference is the place is packed. Where were these people six months ago? If they liked these deals they'd have loved the normal Target sales and probably the place would still be in business.

Also the Starbucks is closed and no eShop cards are here. My favourite two things about Target Canada are already gone.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Liquidation Target sucks and everywhere I go I see stuff I bought months ago at much lower prices than what's offered now. The big difference is the place is packed. Where were these people six months ago? If they liked these deals they'd have loved the normal Target sales and probably the place would still be in business.

Also the Starbucks is closed and no eShop cards are here. My favourite two things about Target Canada are already gone.

I guess this is why stores in Chinatown always hang a "going out of business" sign in front of their stores. It works. :p

Maddog

If you buy it online at Toysrus you can use the promo code CineplexHoliday for $10 off. Almost as good as 20% off.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
SDM doesn't carry most games lol, they seem to only carry the big titles for WiiU. Never stocked Hyrule Warriors or Captain Toad.

Seems to vary by store, but generally yes, mostly the big titles. But I mean they've carried things like ZombiU, Rayman Legends, Style Savvy, so there is some variety.

If you buy it online at Toysrus you can use the promo code CineplexHoliday for $10 off. Almost as good as 20% off.

Ah, I had seen the code before, but forgot about it. Thanks.

Sora_N

Seems to vary by store, but generally yes, mostly the big titles. But I mean they've carried things like ZombiU, Rayman Legends, Style Savvy, so there is some variety.

Ah, I had seen the code before, but forgot about it. Thanks.

True, I was disappointed the store I work at didnt' get Captain Toad, would have used points to get the game.

Tuck

The average shopper is incredibly uninformed.

curb

Banned

It makes me sad to see because in a lot of ways, I liked Canadian Target. Sure, it wasn't American Target in many ways but I liked having an alternative to Walmart for certain things.

ohlawd

The average shopper is incredibly uninformed.

like these guys

Fucking Target... up to 30% off my ass.
There's like only one thing at 30% off.

Game stuff at 10%

from RFD

5% off Apple products
10% off most of everything (except the other percentages I am posting)
20% off toys
30% off a good chunk of make-up

Only fucking makeup

If I didn't have those gift cards to burn, I would've walked out with nothing. At least now I'll have some extra cash instead of useless cards for a shit store.

oop

jholmes

Target has 20% off wall art so if you're the kind of person who buys art from a department store (probably not anyone here) that's actually a pretty solid price.

(mat)

Target has 20% off wall art so if you're the kind of person who buys art from a department store (probably not anyone here) that's actually a pretty solid price.

Wal-Mart's wall art is a tall start to a fall chart of ball farts.

What the hell did I just say? It's been a long day. Goodnight.

IceIpor

I'm not sure about persona, but Cloverdale target has/had smash 3ds, Pokemon oras, and I think monster hunter. The display copy is an actual retail copy that you can ask for.

Percentages, so far, are the same across all stores. It may change in the future, but not right now.

Edit: we also had xbones.

Alucard

Banned
I found Rayman Origins (Wii) for $19.99 @ Target. With the 10%, it came to $17.99 + tax. Not bad overall, especially for a game that's pretty hard to find. I was shocked to see it on the shelves and for such a relatively low price.

Top Bottom