• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Alucard

Banned
I also saw Monster Hunter Tri 3 Wii for $39.99 @ Target. If it's still around when games go for 50% off in a month or so, I might pick it up even though I probably won't be too into it...could always sell it.

jholmes

I also saw Monster Hunter Tri 3 Wii for $39.99 @ Target. If it's still around when games go for 50% off in a month or so, I might pick it up even though I probably won't be too into it...could always sell it.

Good games but they've got superior sequels on Wii U you can get for those same prices or less. Might be time to upgrade dude!

Alucard

Banned
Liquidation sales are like Steam sales, it's best to wait.

Too many people go in on the opening day of the sale when shit is barely discounted. You need to wait a couple of weeks to see how far the prices start to drop.

It's a dicey game to play since you can't be guaranteed that you'll get what you want. Unless you hide it somewhere in the store and no one finds it. Haha.

Alucard

Banned
Good games but they've got superior sequels on Wii U you can get for those same prices or less. Might be time to upgrade dude!

2nd daughter on the way in two months. I'm gonna pick up a Wii U after a price drop. Maybe when it hits 249.99...or might even wait for 199.99 or lower. No rush for me at all even though I'm really psyched for the new Zelda. And the current Mario and Luigi games look really damn good.

Sora_N

Shipping question: Anyone ever ship to Mexico? Anything go wrong? Wondering if I should sell this item to someone on eBay, he asked me if I ship to Mexico.

I had bad experience shipping to Brazil before, not sure if it's the same in Mexico.

It's a dicey game to play since you can't be guaranteed that you'll get what you want. Unless you hide it somewhere in the store and no one finds it. Haha.

At this point the sales aren't worth the hassle anyway. Whatever you're looking for will probably be on sale for similar prices down the road.

To get a real deal out of a liquidation sale you want to at least wait until 40 to 60% off.

Alucard

Banned
At this point the sales aren't worth the hassle anyway. Whatever you're looking for will probably be on sale for similar prices down the road.

To get a real deal out of a liquidation sale you want to at least wait until 40 to 60% off.

For sure. Waiting for that drop before getting some 3DS games like Bravely Default, Mario 3D Land and Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. I'm fairly confident some or all 3 of these will still be available a month or more down the road when we get to the 50 percent off level.

For sure. Waiting for that drop before getting some 3DS games like Bravely Default, Mario 3D Land and Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. I'm fairly confident some or all 3 of these will still be available a month or more down the road when we get to the 50 percent off level.

Unless it's advertised via the media, at that point we will hopefully only have to contend with RFDers for stock instead of the masses who rushed the stores on day one.

Blockbuster was pretty good for that. I landed some good stuff about a month in. You're not necessarily going to find recently released product but there are great deals to be had.

Alucard

Banned
Unless it's advertised via the media, at that point we will hopefully only have to contend with RFDers for stock instead of the masses who rushed the stores on day one.

Blockbuster was pretty good for that. I landed some good stuff about a month in. You're not necessarily going to find recently released product but there are great deals to be had.

Don't even care about recent stuff that much. Only have a Wii and 3DS in terms of systems with games on the shelves. I'll buy old stuff if it's good and at a low price.

Duran

EB Games Canada @EBGamesCanada
#amiibo Update: #Sonic & #MegaMan

Don't forget to preorder the latest wave of #amiibo figures bit.ly/1D9Yn71

B9MWXv7CEAAP5V5.png:small

Based on this tweet they just sent there is a chance they may put them up online soon, don't see why else they would throw in that link to the SMB amiibos

Edit:whoops wrong thread

jholmes

2nd daughter on the way in two months. I'm gonna pick up a Wii U after a price drop. Maybe when it hits 249.99...or might even wait for 199.99 or lower. No rush for me at all even though I'm really psyched for the new Zelda. And the current Mario and Luigi games look really damn good.

Oh congrats! Bringing those gals up on the OG Wii.

like these guys

oop

No, I expected the deals to suck. I just didn't want to wait in case everything of interest to myself or my family ended up being sold quickly. The gift cards were the only reason I bought anything, otherwise I would've left and waited.

Joeku

Even once Nintendo took over their own shipping a few months ago, we'd still only ever get a couple copies of more "hardcore" titles like those. That's more on Nintendo's thoughts about the selling power of most of those sans 3D Land. I've sold a bunch of those at 10% off; probably more than any other game.

(Zero New Super Mario Bros. 2 for comparison, and that makes me happy.)

ohlawd

No, I expected the deals to suck. I just didn't want to wait in case everything of interest to myself or my family ended up being sold quickly. The gift cards were the only reason I bought anything, otherwise I would've left and waited.

I know. I only quoted you since I needed another to join the ride.

Don't get it. Nearly half the game's content is tied to the online multiplayer servers and Capcom shut it down a year ago. If you got a Wii-U or 3DS then take a look at the enhanced edition of Tri called Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

I pay an extra $10 for unlimited bandwidth, but made it work by cutting some shit like phone coverage (if it breaks they'll replace it...I'm sure). So, we actually save like $4/month.

However, I rarely use much data outside of peak months in the industry, so I may cancel it for a while.

DaBoss

I think it would make sense a little bit if they review games with online multiplayer, but MM3D doesn't have that lol.

KIRBY and the Rainbow Curse

What's been the best deal to get this game? I think it was a little while ago there was a deal posted. Anyone have any idea?

De_Legend

Banned
Not much but when I picked up Murdered soul suspect for 15$ at Best Buy, I also picked up Fifa14 Legend edition on Vita for 5$.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
KIRBY and the Rainbow Curse

What's been the best deal to get this game? I think it was a little while ago there was a deal posted. Anyone have any idea?
The best deal was shop.ca's $10 off followed by FS's $5 off (both ended last week). Other than that, nothing.

jholmes

There's a place downtown Hamilton that has Deus Ex Wii U used for $15. Obviously this is only one copy but if you live around that part of Ontario it's an amazing price for an awesome game.

zroid

Banned
There's a place downtown Hamilton that has Deus Ex Wii U used for $15. Obviously this is only one copy but if you live around that part of Ontario it's an amazing price for an awesome game.

I saw that at Staples for $10 one time... almost picked it up

zroid

Banned
What do you mean almost? I got it for $20 at Future Shop on Boxing Day and even that was highway robbery. It's easily one of the best games on the system.

yea, not really a case where I didn't think it was worth it, more just backlogged to hell, and I'd probably never play it :(

hopefully someone else who actually would play the game picked it up

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Come on controller sales (that aren't just ten percent off)!

This guy speaks my language. I really need another PS4 controller, another Wii U Pro controller, and a few more for my PC.

Top Bottom