• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Luigi87

It was $40... I would assume you can't do returns anymore?

Otherwise...$40...

As Joeku said, 6 months + cash + no receipt
Target return policy is... was 30 days (though staff was usually lenient. It was "Vibe" to honor up to a certain point, + even allowed non-receipted returns in the form of gift cards). And cash means it is not traceable in the system anyhow.

Speaking of returns, Future Shop had no issue taking that controller back after 33 days. The guy didn't give a shit or bat an eye.

He's much better than most there.

Yup. My girlfriend says that I should at least consider it if I lose my job. Nope. I could never go back.

There are other jobs. Anyone who says there aren't other jobs aren't trying hard enough. Unless you're one of those unicorns who actually derives satisfaction out of working retail, do what you must to get the hell out.

antibolo

Banned
For the record I wasn't referring to your response shagg, you're correct in that.

It's people who are bitching about the liquidation. Companies have gone through liquidation before and it's always like this. Start low, things begin to sell, then prices ramp up.

As someone losing his job and having to constantly hear people bitch about the prices and actually have had people come in and make comments like "Told you so. Knew you would go out of business," and shit like that, one can understand that I am not fond of seeing similar on GAF as well. Yeah it was only a job for me, but it paid my bills and I made friends there, so I take some things personally regarding.

Oh god how do you hold yourself from not punching those jerks.

Checkout at Target

B9GcAADCYAIsTub.jpg:large

vulva

The last one is in Chinook. They already closed down their Sunridge and downtown locations. D:
I'm so sad I missed out on $80 Vita 2000s.

I'll try, the location is a bit out of my way but i should be in the area tonight. Hopefully they won't be all gone by the time I get there.
I'll pick up at least 4.

cool, yeah just do it if you can, I'm sure a bunch of us would appreciate it. If it's too much trouble though, no skin off anyone's back

vulva

I really hope all the Target workers in here are let go and can just escape that nightmare while getting the same pay they'd be getting to live through hell

Seeing pictures of those huge lines at 8 AM...

Don't these people have jobs? What the fuck.

As a side note - has anyone pre-ordered a console from FS before? I'm wondering if my n3DS will arrive next Friday (launch day) or not.

ohlawd

As a side note - has anyone pre-ordered a console from FS before? I'm wondering if my n3DS will arrive next Friday (launch day) or not.

not from FS but BB. same thing tho. ordered the Animal Crossing XL. it shipped same day as launch but didin't get it until two days later. that was a year and a half ago by the way.

Does anyone know if there is a way to check the difference between the old and new dual shock 4's?

I sent mine in last week because it broke and they sent me another refurbished one, which I'm okay with as long as it's the newer model.

Something I'm not okay with is that they didn't even clean it properly, there is sweat and dirt build up on parts of the controller and in the cracks, fucking disgusting. I'll be cleaning this thing with an old tooth brush and rubbing alcohol before I use it.

Does anyone know of any controller deals? and if there's a way to differentiate the old vs new other than the colors?

And this is why liquidations start at 10%. Why bother doing more?

That's exactly it and a shame too. If even half these people would wait it out they'd be able to pick up the same items for another 20%+ off.

By the time there are any worthwhile deals, there's nothing but garbage left.

In the end you might be able to snag a copy of madden 25 for like $10 because everything else will be gone.

FrsDvl

Just heard an ad on the radio for Visions Electronics, something about taking over stock from Target and selling tons of electronics at or below cost. May be worth checking out if anyone is looking for a new TV or whatsoever.

Megasoum

Banned

I pre-ordered the PS4 from FS and got it at 9am on the day of release.

Exr

Just heard an ad on the radio for Visions Electronics, something about taking over stock from Target and selling tons of electronics at or below cost. May be worth checking out if anyone is looking for a new TV or whatsoever.
Visions has some great pricing sometimes, thanks for the heads up bruh.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I walked by a Target today and it was busy as hell. If people were willing to line up to pay MSRP a few months ago, then 17k people would still have jobs. :p

Vultures be vulturing I guess.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
If Nordstroms does well they could always take over one or two of the vacant spaces. We could also get something like JC Penny or Ross trying their hand in the Canadian market.

Convert all Target locations into Simons.

Make monies.

ohlawd

anyone in bc go to target? wonder if i should bother lol

Central City Target. went at opening, left an hour later. parking lot wasn't bad when I got there but when I left, people were going crazy for parking spots. blu-rays and CDs were 20% off. got pretty close to picking up a couple but decided not to. other people have said how deep the discounts are for other stuff

I would just follow GAF's advice and not go.

Mikey Jr.

Anyone have an inkling what is going to be replacing the Targets? Is there going to be a company that takes all of them? Because there is a target literally 1 minute away from me, so a store that I actually use taking up that space would be great, and not something like a Winners.......

curb

Banned
Anyone have an inkling what is going to be replacing the Targets? Is there going to be a company that takes all of them? Because there is a target literally 1 minute away from me, so a store that I actually use taking up that space would be great, and not something like a Winners.......

I think there's only been talk of Goodlife Fitness taking some locations at this point, right?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Most Target locations are going to sit empty for a good long time. GoodLife is looking to take a few but I don't expect too many of them because most are too large. Some malls will look to throw up walls inside the Targets that no other big retailer wants in order to make smaller stores within them.

curb

Banned
Most Target locations are going to sit empty for a good long time. GoodLife is looking to take a few but I don't expect too many of them because most are too large. Some malls will look to throw up walls inside the Targets that no other big retailer wants in order to make smaller stores within them.

I'll interested in seeing what happens to one of the two locations in my city. It's connected to a popular mall but there's already a brand new Goodlife nearby and a high end grocery store is going in across the street.

ahdurian

I'll interested in seeing what happens to one of the two locations in my city. It's connected to a popular mall but there's already a brand new Goodlife nearby and a high end grocery store is going in across the street.

Cloverdale mall has really nothing...and there's already a 24h Goodlife 5minute walk from it

Luigi87

Ugh, one more week then I gotta figure out how to track down a Majora's Mask New 3DS XL. Missed every pre-order opportunity, and EB's twitter says they won't have any for walk-ins.

I guess Walmart or FutureShop may be my best bet...

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
Ugh, one more week then I gotta figure out how to track down a Majora's Mask New 3DS XL. Missed every pre-order opportunity, and EB's twitter says they won't have any for walk-ins.

Toys r us is doing first come first serve so there's that option?

ahdurian

I'm like opposite...I'm deciding if I actually want to keep mine or not
I ordered both the MM 3DSXL and MH4 3DSXL because they both looked beautiful to me.
I love the MH4 one more though, but I'm not a huge fan of MH, and I loved MM but the design doesn't really intrigue me as much

Top Bottom