• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Sealtest

Question about reward zone at best buy.

Can i use my $75 points and buy a ps+ card( $50 ) and a $25 eshop card?

Or will they somehow make me pay for something else just so i'm charged tax for something

curb

Banned
Question about reward zone at best buy.

Can i use my $75 points and buy a ps+ card( $50 ) and a $25 eshop card?

Or will they somehow make me pay for something else just so i'm charged tax for something

I'm pretty sure they just treat the RZ certificates like cash.

Sealtest

For anyone who truely was interested in my question earlier, They made me buy a pack of gum with my ps+ yearly and my 20 eshop card because the final total did not ad up to 70 and it wouldn't scan my last code unless it was $70 or over.

Renewed

For anyone who truely was interested in my question earlier, They made me buy a pack of gum with my ps+ yearly and my 20 eshop card because the final total did not ad up to 70 and it wouldn't scan my last code unless it was $70 or over.

Now your breath is minty fresh and sugarfree. Congrats!

kennah

Baaah Kijiji.

Saw a wiiu with Mario 3dw, Nintendo land, wind waker, Mario u and another game I can't remember.

$250 Complete with boxes for everything. I messaged within half an hour of it being posted. The ad is gone with no reply :( someone got a great deal.

Baaah Kijiji.

Saw a wiiu with Mario 3dw, Nintendo land, wind waker, Mario u and another game I can't remember.

$250 Complete with boxes for everything. I messaged within half an hour of it being posted. The ad is gone with no reply :( someone got a great deal.

Awwww sucks man, sorry! You keep looking and the right deal will come! =)

On another note, anyone ever got a date on their Majora's Mask Collector's Edition (Skull Kid) on Amazon.ca?

iLLmAtlc

you guys ever wonder why blu ray prices aren't subject to dollar fluctuations? e.g. i notice interstellar is pre-ordering for $25 at most places.

is it because they've already reaped piles of money at the box office?

you guys ever wonder why blu ray prices aren't subject to dollar fluctuations? e.g. i notice interstellar is pre-ordering for $25 at most places.

is it because they've already reaped piles of money at the box office?

Or maybe there's just a lot more people who'll get blu rays than people who'll get videogames?

(Though you never know they might just decide to up the blu ray prices after all... )

Brooks2304

Neo Member
Does anyone know if the Best Buy Trade 2 Get 70$ includes Driveclub? Looking to get The Order in a couple weeks without having to spend $80 out of pocket.

Also curious about this. My MM LE is from ebgames and I reallllly hope it gets here Friday.

Downtown Toronto, if that matters

In the past I've gotten pre orders from them on release day. Regular orders come very fast too. I'm wondering if its the norm, or just good luck on my part.

I'm in Winnipeg, and I'm assuming they ship from ON somewhere

ohlawd

so I looked up this Edge crap and one perk is you get first pick on launch events?

oh hell no. no one better steal my MH 3DS

so I looked up this Edge crap and one perk is you get first pick on launch events?

First pick? What do you mean? Certain Edge members get to go on the store first on launch events, but that's solely a time saving perk. If you have a preorder, you have a preorder.

They have separate lines. Edge Platinum members get to go in first, then the regular line goes in.

A pre-order is a pre-order, though.

sikkinixx

Any good deals on Xbox Live Gold subs? I would usually get them from the BST thread but the Canadian dollar shitting out makes them basically retail price ;_;

keakster

EB does launch day delivery yeah? I may cancel my n3DS with future shop and order with them instead.

Also curious about this. My MM LE is from ebgames and I reallllly hope it gets here Friday.

Downtown Toronto, if that matters

If you paid for the priority shipping then you should get it same day, especially if you're in Toronto, I am pretty sure their stuff ships from Brampton. My only frustration with them is that they use Purolator and if you miss the initial delivery they don't have the most conveniently located pick-up centres

I have a friend who would like my pre-order of the Majora's Mask 3dsXL, but my credit card is getting scarily close to hitting its limit.

I ordered it through amazon.ca with my credit card. Can I get his credit card info and use that as the primary mode of payment for that order by changing it to that instead?

Sapiens

I have a friend who would like my pre-order of the Majora's Mask 3dsXL, but my credit card is getting scarily close to hitting its limit.

I ordered it through amazon.ca with my credit card. Can I get his credit card info and use that as the primary mode of payment for that order by changing it to that instead?

Just get your credit limit increased. If your credit card is with your bank, you can make a payment right now and you'll have that credit made available right away as well. The payment won't post right away, but you get that credit.

getting annoyed that EB hasn't posted which stores will be doing midnight openings for n3DS/Majora. I hope some of them are still doing it

It's not first pick, it's a separate line at a launch event. The Edge Platinum people get to go in early but if you have a preorder it's still secured for you.

I can honestly say that, even without the extra perks of Platinum, being able to go to a midnight launch 15 minutes before open and get in the store before people who have been waiting an hour or two, is hilarious, and totally worth the $10 or whatever a year.

jholmes

Just a thought -- your buddy could get you a gift card and you could get Amazon to charge the 3DS to your gift card money and not your card.

Just get your credit limit increased. If your credit card is with your bank, you can make a payment right now and you'll have that credit made available right away as well. The payment won't post right away, but you get that credit.

I looked at it online, and judging by the information they were asking me (job, income, etc), I'm pretty sure they aren't going to increase my limit. lol

Just a thought -- your buddy could get you a gift card and you could get Amazon to charge the 3DS to your gift card money and not your card.

Hmm, that could work.

Been awhile since i preordered something off Amazon.ca

Cant wait for NXL order, anyone know if i'll get it the friday or day before/day later?

i have amazon prime too

Quadratic

getting annoyed that EB hasn't posted which stores will be doing midnight openings for n3DS/Majora. I hope some of them are still doing it

I asked my local EBgames about having a midnight opening for Monster Hunter/Majora's Mask/New 3DS. They told me it's dependent on the number of preorders at the store. Call up your EBgames and ask. They would probably know by now if they are opening at midnight since they need to schedule people to work.

Firestorm

Have him give you the money so you can immediate pay it off now. You can overpay a credit card to temporarily have more to use. So if you have a $1000 credit limit and pay it off + pay off $200 more you can use your credit card for $1200 worth of stuff.

Have him give you the money so you can immediate pay it off now. You can overpay a credit card to temporarily have more to use. So if you have a $1000 credit limit and pay it off + pay off $200 more you can use your credit card for $1200 worth of stuff.

Thanks for the advice!

I opted to go with what jholmes said, and he sent me a gift card for the amount after taxes, which I applied to the order. Thanks again everyone! :D

Wow,

Just logged in to Ebgames to check my Majora's Mask LE order and the shipment was cancelled a while ago. No email about it or anything.

Glad I checked, I guess. Too bad though.

Anyone go to the Order 1886 event in downtown yesterday? How was it?

I was planning to. Then I got lazy, buried myself in a blanket and played Tales of Xillia 2 all day. Probably was the better choice compared to standing around an EB Games with smelly nerds.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Still waiting for a date on my Amazon.ca orders for Majora's Mask N3DS and for Majora's Mask LE game. For Wave 3 Amiibo, they didn't have a date until they shipped basically, so I'm hoping this will be the same sort of deal. And even with free shipping, I've been getting packages on release, so hopefully it holds true.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I never knew this but apparently if you use RZ coupons on an item and then return it, you can basically redeem the RZ coupon's value back onto your debit card.

I bought a mouse last week and used my RZ coupons on it but I returned it since the bluetooth kept disconnecting on my work laptop. They put the balance of the RZ onto my debit card.

I don't know why they don't just give you a gift card instead, as people can easily exploit this to just get redeem the RZ coupons for money.

Top Bottom