• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

khaaan

I'm interested in selling my Pikachu 3DS XL once I transfer all my content to the n3DS. Anyone have any experience selling this, know how much I might be able to get? Ebay has a bunch, but numbers fluctuate.

I'm not sure but if you hop onto eBay and check the "Completed Listings" check box you can see all the ones that were sold (will show up in Green) and all the ones that did not get sold (will show up in Black or Red, can't remember) as well as the prices and dates they were flipped at.

suikodan

I have 740 coins and no idea what to do with them. All the games I want aren't on Club Nintendo (Hyrule Warriors, Windwaker HD, other things I can't think of) and all the games on there I already have or have coming in the mail (Wonderful101. The SNES and Wii libraries)

If someone wants to make a GTA deal with me or just paypal let me know.

PM sent

mdubs

Banned
Question, I won roll up the rim this morning, I won "dark or original coffee" is this different from previous years where you could win any beverage, can I only use this for coffee or can I get lattes with it?

Magnus

PSA: All of Spartacus is now on Netflix Canada. YAY!!

If it's your first time, be prepared for a couple of really lackluster episodes right up front in Season 1. Just muster through them and prepare for the awesomeness beyond.

ahdurian

Question to anyone who ordered MH4U....

Do you know if the Majora's Pin is still a preorder bonus?
I just went through my orders from when it was released, and saw they put a line for the pin
but when I go to the actual page on the GS site, it shows the Felyne pin

EDIT: nvm, i just realized I'm dumb. the MM pin was for S.T.E.A.M preorder, not MH4

PSA: All of Spartacus is now on Netflix Canada. YAY!!

If it's your first time, be prepared for a couple of really lackluster episodes right up front in Season 1. Just muster through them and prepare for the awesomeness beyond.

The first episode comes off as a mangled recreation of 300 and Gladiator.

Then it gets fucking awesome.

I highly recommend it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Amazon.ca giving me an automated e-mail when I inquired about my MM N3DS XL shipment, citing supply issues. I was convinced I wouldn't care if I didn't receive it on release, but now of course I'm antsy and really want it Friday.

Amazon.ca giving me an automated e-mail when I inquired about my MM N3DS XL shipment, citing supply issues. I was convinced I wouldn't care if I didn't receive it on release, but now of course I'm antsy and really want it Friday.

I'm wondering if I should be concerned about my regular black edition now.

It seems like there is a lot of issues with short shipments lately.

isny

napkin dispenser

They're not giving a ship date. I doubt we'll have em Friday.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
They're not giving a ship date. I doubt we'll have em Friday.

I'm putting all my hope in the fact that my recent
Amiibo
shipment didn't have an estimated date until it actually shipped, so.. maybe this will be the same.

On the other hand, I have a Monhan N3DS XL (for my wife) and a Red N3DS XL pre-ordered at EBgames. I was going to move the pre-order money from the Red over to the Monhan unti, but if Amazon.ca is jerking me around, I'm not married to the gold XL.

isny

napkin dispenser
Amiibo
shipment didn't have an estimated date until it actually shipped, so.. maybe this will be the same.

On the other hand, I have a Monhan N3DS XL (for my wife) and a Red N3DS XL pre-ordered at EBgames. I was going to move the pre-order money from the Red over to the Monhan unti, but if Amazon.ca is jerking me around, I'm not married to the gold XL.

I wouldn't give up the preorder regardless. At the very least you can sell it to a Gaffer or flip it to cover the cost of your other two XL's.

Amiibo

I wound up going with EB for my pre order since they're most likely to deliver Friday. They have the best track record in my experience.

Does anyone know how the system transfer works? Should I copy all my data over to the new 32 gb micro SD I bought now, install it in the new system, and then its just a simple license transfer? Or ?

I want to avoid the hassle of redownloading like 20 GB worth of games.

I wound up going with EB for my pre order since they're most likely to deliver Friday. They have the best track record in my experience.

Does anyone know how the system transfer works? Should I copy all my data over to the new 32 gb micro SD I bought now, install it in the new system, and then its just a simple license transfer? Or ?

I want to avoid the hassle of redownloading like 20 GB worth of games.

I'm pretty sure you need both systems present to even start the transfer process.

Also for a guide on the different ways to transfer: http://ca.ign.com/wikis/nintendo-3ds/3DS_to_New_3DS_or_3DS_XL_System_Transfer

nordique

I called EB games (I am in Calgary) and learned that what they do for the trade in, is you go to the store and buy the n3DS, go home and transfer, then you have 48 hours to go back to EB and give them your 3DS (for 80$) or your XL (for 100$) credit towards the n3DS purchase.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I called EB games (I am in Calgary) and learned that what they do for the trade in, is you go to the store and buy the n3DS, go home and transfer, then you have 48 hours to go back to EB and give them your 3DS (for 80$) or your XL (for 100$) credit towards the n3DS purchase.

I hope my store will do this as well. A license transfer over their wifi, or our tethered 3G phones shouldn't take too long, but I'd prefer to just go home and comfortably do it there.

zroid

Banned

cool, I didn't know they had a store policy for this

In all this MM talk I keep forgetting that I have a MH4 CE preorder. Probably will cancel it since I'll be spending too much this Friday. If anyone in Vancouver wants it PM me.

I would make sure to make sure it's a policy and not just something that store is doing.

I know my EB let me do it for the XL but they made it sound like something that wasn't usually policy.

Does anyone know what the quality is like on those refurb Xbox One consoles at Futureshop?

I think they are refurbed at Microsoft so they are probably perfectly fine.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

EBgames Twitter wouldn't confirm that all stores do it. It's probably store by store policy, so be prepared to have to do the transfer in store too, I guess. Get those screw drivers handy for the SD card and make sure your phone has bandwidth in case their wifi sucks. Hooray.

Ondore

Silly question: How much data's actually moving in a 3DS system transfer? Can't be much, can it?

I'm tempted to run the thing at work Friday but I don't want to burn all my data for the month on it.

Edit: I'm moving the SD card so it'd be licenses only.

Zing

Banned
Silly question: How much data's actually moving in a 3DS system transfer? Can't be much, can it?

I'm tempted to run the thing at work Friday but I don't want to burn all my data for the month on it.

Edit: I'm moving the SD card so it'd be licenses only.
The data transfer is completely local. It takes 30-45 minutes even if you are moving the SD data yourself.

The only Internet data use is to briefly hit the Internet server to transfer the licenses.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So is MH4 a download code or preloaded? How do you do a transfer if it is preloaded and you want to change the sd card in the system?

lilty

So is MH4 a download code or preloaded? How do you do a transfer if it is preloaded and you want to change the sd card in the system?

After you complete the transfer you re-download it from the eShop. You'll retain your licence after the system transfer so it will be free.

jred2k

I've got Evolve coming from Future Shop and I don't want it. If anybody here missed out on pre-ordering it last E3 and wants it now I'll sell it for $48.42+ shipping. I'd be shipping from Ontario. I don't know if this is frowned upon in here and should go in the BTS thread instead, but I thought I'd give a Canadian first crack at it so the shipping is cheaper. If anybody is interested in it let me know through PM. I can give you a copy of my receipt if you need confirmation that I actually have it coming. I don't know if there are any pre-order codes, but I'll send those along when I get them, too.

Edit: Just checked the tracking and it has been delivered. I also forgot to mention that its for PS4.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
After you complete the transfer you re-download it from the eShop. You'll retain your licence after the system transfer so it will be free.
i think you just have to re download it
So after the transfer, the system will know that the copy of MH4 is "mine"?

So how do I do this? My 3DS has probably 8 gigs of stuff on it, so I need to swap out the microSD card on the N3DS in order to actually transfer everything. But if the game is already on the 4gb microSD card that comes with the system, do I need to copy it to the new microSD card first before doing the transfer? Or do I transfer despite the fact that I don't have enough room on the new system, then I'm forced to download all my games again?

Why is this harder than getting a Rosalina amiibo?

zroid

Banned
So after the transfer, the system will know that the copy of MH4 is "mine"?

So how do I do this? My 3DS has probably 8 gigs of stuff on it, so I need to swap out the microSD card on the N3DS in order to actually transfer everything. But if the game is already on the 4gb microSD card that comes with the system, do I need to copy it to the new microSD card first before doing the transfer? Or do I transfer despite the fact that I don't have enough room on the new system, then I'm forced to download all my games again?

Why is this harder than getting a Rosalina amiibo?

so like, when you system transfer, you're supposed to move the SD card from your old system to the new one afterwards

obviously you can't do that in this case (unless you're currently using a MicroSD in an SD adapter), so you would copy all the data to a microSD. you need to have a microSD card big enough to fit all your data if you want to system transfer properly.

WRT to MH4, obviously it's not downloaded on the SD card that's in your old 3DS so you will just need to download it after doing the transfer

suikodan

I heard from a guy working in a Microplay that WalMart would have some stock of the Limited Majora's Mask GAME on Friday.

Anyone knows if there's any truth to this? Doesn't really matter as I'll pick up the game on Friday morning anways (don't want to get caught off-stock likee OOT3D back then,)

CRA5H

I just read something in GAF saying Walmart will not be receiving the MM editions..

Hah

*edit just realized you meant the game, not the console.
(Thought you meant GAME the store.. Ugh.. Its been a long day)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
so like, when you system transfer, you're supposed to move the SD card from your old system to the new one afterwards

obviously you can't do that in this case (unless you're currently using a MicroSD in an SD adapter), so you would copy all the data to a microSD. you need to have a microSD card big enough to fit all your data if you want to system transfer properly.

WRT to MH4, obviously it's not downloaded on the SD card that's in your old 3DS so you will just need to download it after doing the transfer

Wait, so in case I'm just confused:

1) I need to buy a microSD + SD adapter to fit into my old 3DS.
2) I need to copy all my old stuff from the SD card to my microSD card and then put the microSD card + SD adapter into my old 3DS.
3) I then start the transfer process with the MH4 N3DS, which will transfer my licenses over and somehow merge MH4 to my NNID.
4) I then take out the microSD card from my old 3DS and put it into the N3DS.

Is that it?

zroid

Banned
Wait, so in case I'm just confused:

1) I need to buy a microSD + SD adapter to fit into my old 3DS.
2) I need to copy all my old stuff from the SD card to my microSD card and then put the microSD card + SD adapter into my old 3DS.
3) I then start the transfer process with the MH4 N3DS, which will transfer my licenses over and somehow merge MH4 to my NNID.
4) I then take out the microSD card from my old 3DS and put it into the N3DS.

Is that it?

that's right, yeah

firehawk12

Subete no aware
that's right, yeah
Jesus. So I need a microSD to SD adapter as well. lol

So wait, the system transfer is literally just moving licenses around and not any data? Why does it take so long to do then?

Speaking of, anyone in Guelph or would drive to Guelph want a MM N3DS? Otherwise I'm probably going to cancel my preorder for that and just move it to the MH N3DS.

Top Bottom