• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Sora_N

I never knew this but apparently if you use RZ coupons on an item and then return it, you can basically redeem the RZ coupon's value back onto your debit card.

I bought a mouse last week and used my RZ coupons on it but I returned it since the bluetooth kept disconnecting on my work laptop. They put the balance of the RZ onto my debit card.

I don't know why they don't just give you a gift card instead, as people can easily exploit this to just get redeem the RZ coupons for money.

I think it depends on the CSR.

zroid

Banned
they're supposed to give you a gift card, as far as I know

I used to buy stuff and return it to get gift cards to use online, but lately I just spend my RZ certs on digital money cards

Do FutureShop/BestBuy accept returns on opened consoles?

My friend bought an Xbone, and opened the box, but hasn't booted the console yet. He wants to return it now to get a PS4 since most of his friends only have that. Can he return?

baconcow

Do FutureShop/BestBuy accept returns on opened consoles?

My friend bought an Xbone, and opened the box, but hasn't booted the console yet. He wants to return it now to get a PS4 since most of his friends only have that. Can he return?

I have, before, without problem.

I think that's a very old deal :lol

It comes and goes, I think? Unfortunately it's not applicable on all 3DS games. Project Mirai DX and Etrian Odyssey Mystery Dungeons are both up for pre-order and neither are eligible. Which is hilarious, because both are $49.99 and oh my god I'm really not buying any more games until the dollar rises again am I.

jholmes

Still no sales for NES Remix (Wii U) or Captain Toad uh? :(

Also for those who went to Target, anything good in the home/houseware dept.?

Wall art was 20 per cent off, furniture only 10 per cent off though. If you're moving or just need to decorate I'd definitely go as they have good stuff and the regular prices themselves are good. But that stuff might stick around a while longer and be available for less when they increase the discounts.

Any good deals on Xbox Live Gold subs? I would usually get them from the BST thread but the Canadian dollar shitting out makes them basically retail price ;_;

If you have a costco card or know someone who does, I think they're around $45 in store. Not much of a deal, but I guess that's the best we got with this dollar.

isny

napkin dispenser
Still no sales for NES Remix (Wii U) or Captain Toad uh? :(

Also for those who went to Target, anything good in the home/houseware dept.?

NES Remix 2 was ten bucks a few weeks ago digitally, and the first one is available for points through Club Nintendo.

jholmes

but gas prices are going back up (in toronto at any rate) and the dollar is still crap ;_;

Indeed. The price of oil fell, and the price of gas fell, eventually. The price of oil stopped falling, and the price of gas shot up.

I moved closer to my job and spending $300 on gas a month was a huge reason why so I'd rather have a strong dollar, thanks. Not that it matters because the dollar isn't getting any better at the moment.

so it registered my purchase of the wonderful 101--3 days ago now but no code was displayed or emailed to me.

what is the course of action in this scenario?

so it registered my purchase of the wonderful 101--3 days ago now but no code was displayed or emailed to me.

You double checked that the points are gone? I got to the point where you confirm the purchase a couple times before the site failed, but it always kept my points in my account.

So I'm thinking about finally buying a Wii. Every time I played it, I didn't like using the nunchucks or whatever they're called, so I decided to hold off until I could get one cheap.

I have a few questions though.

Does anyone know if I can get one anywhere that still sells them new at a reasonable price? I looked around and couldn't find anything other than $400 on Amazon, lol. I don't want a Wii Mini because I read that they don't have gamecube support, and that would probably also mean that you can't use gamecube controllers, which I plan on doing. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Can the following games be played without using the nunchucks? SM Galaxy, Metroid other M, Donkey Kong, Skyward Sword?

Any help would be appreciated.

N° 2048

So I'm thinking about finally buying a Wii. Every time I played it, I didn't like using the nunchucks or whatever they're called, so I decided to hold off until I could get one cheap.

I have a few questions though.

Does anyone know if I can get one anywhere that still sells them new at a reasonable price? I looked around and couldn't find anything other than $400 on Amazon, lol. I don't want a Wii Mini because I read that they don't have gamecube support, and that would probably also mean that you can't use gamecube controllers, which I plan on doing. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Can the following games be played without using the nunchucks? SM Galaxy, Metroid other M, Donkey Kong, Skyward Sword?

Why not a Wii-U?

Madouu

Does it show in your spent coins page but not in the order inquiry? if that is the case then you are not alone in this, I think the best course is to contact Nintendo since it has been that long since your order. There are people in the CN thread that have been waiting 3 days or so for their codes and nothing so far.

You wanted to lynch me?

That's a pretty horrible thing to say considering I was going to hang myself before EMS and police knocked my door open just last month.

He was trying to make a joke about amiibo discussion I think without knowing your circumstances! I'm really sorry to hear this, if you need help in any way or form, I'd personally be glad to oblige.

Madouu

- Galaxy is wiimote+nunchuk only.
- Skyward Sword is wiimote+nunchuk only.
- Other M only requires a wiimote I think (need someone to confirm).
- DK, you can use the wiimote alone I am pretty sure. There are community patches that enable classic controller support.

Maybe try looking into buying a used wii u? 200$ seems like the going price where I am if you can find any... too bad the official refurbished ones are out of stock.

- Galaxy is wiimote+nunchuk only.
- Skyward Sword is wiimote+nunchuk only.
- Other M only requires a wiimote I think (need someone to confirm).
- DK, you can use the wiimote alone I am pretty sure. There are community patches that enable classic controller support.

To answer your nunchuk question, Skyward Sword and Galaxy require a Nunchuk. Metroid Other M doesn't, neither does DKCR.

Thanks. Metroid being my top priority so that's good to hear.

jholmes

Amazon has them for $38 new or $17 used which is not bad at all.

$17 used isn't bad, maybe shop around a bit though. I think for $10 it's definitely worth buying, flaws and all.

I'd also really recommend a $200 refurbished or used Wii U over a Wii. Even if you're only using it as a Wii, remember the Wii doesn't come with HDMI output. You'll have to buy a Wii remote but those can be had on the cheap.

You double checked that the points are gone? I got to the point where you confirm the purchase a couple times before the site failed, but it always kept my points in my account.

Does it show in your spent coins page but not in the order inquiry? if that is the case then you are not alone in this, I think the best course is to contact Nintendo since it has been that long since your order. There are people in the CN thread that have been waiting 3 days or so for their codes and nothing so far.

Oh, the coins are gone. Total is zero. Shows in my past purchases, but I'll be damned if I can get it to come up again. Ever. (oh now make me a liar--pic added)

How can Nintendo still be this unprepared for the demands of the internet? Guess I'll try tracking down how to contact theses clowns. Thanks.

CRA5H

I'm 280 coins away from Star Fox 64 3DS...

Might as well buy it off the eshop because no one seems to be selling their copy.

If you are selling it and are in the GTA, pm me!

You wanted to lynch me?

That's a pretty horrible thing to say considering I was going to hang myself before EMS and police knocked my door open just last month.

Ah shit, ABORT JOKE ABORT JOKE.

Glad you're still with us. Our dumb anti-amiibo jokes aside, you're always welcome here. Hope you're getting the care you need and taking care of yourself.

Zing

Banned
I'm 280 coins away from Star Fox 64 3DS...

Might as well buy it off the eshop because no one seems to be selling their copy.

If you are selling it and are in the GTA, pm me!
I PM'd as I have a sealed copy to sell, but this game is selling for $80 now. That's crazy.

tsundoku

I have 740 coins and no idea what to do with them. All the games I want aren't on Club Nintendo (Hyrule Warriors, Windwaker HD, other things I can't think of) and all the games on there I already have or have coming in the mail (Wonderful101. The SNES and Wii libraries)

e: -snip-

I'm interested in selling my Pikachu 3DS XL once I transfer all my content to the n3DS. Anyone have any experience selling this, know how much I might be able to get? Ebay has a bunch, but numbers fluctuate.

Top Bottom