• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Alucard

Banned
So, when is the next level of Target clearance prices? This week, or do we have to wait until March? Any Target employees in here know? I'd jump on Bravely Default for 30 percent off I think.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It says nothing about being able to take the system home. They usually allow you to do it in store.

People should verify with their individual locations whether or not they will be able to take the New 3ds home to the transfer if they are unable to do in store.
People here have said that with the last trade in, they let you take it home and then return later to get your credit.

jred2k

A heads up for people looking to transfer. You'll want to make sure you have a full charge on one of the systems since the new 3DS doesn't come with a charge cable. On the Giant Bombcast they mentioned that the transfer over WiFi is kind of slow if you have a lot on there.

Renewed

My laptop has a SD reader built in and I already swapped out to a microSD card. Need to play MonHun as soon as possible.

But now I need to know what accessories I can pick up. The Hori Duraflexi case and screen protector, etc. only seem to be up on US Amazon.

Qwyjibo

Just to confirm about the EB Games new XL trade in offer:

It looks like their old 3DS/3DS XL trade in offer is going until March 1, right? I get thrown off because in all the US threads, it seems like they only have a couple days to trade in their old system after release day.

So, when is the next level of Target clearance prices? This week, or do we have to wait until March? Any Target employees in here know? I'd jump on Bravely Default for 30 percent off I think.
I'd love to know this too, want to buy Bayonetta 2 but 10% is not much of a deal

Alucard

Banned
Just to confirm about the EB Games new XL trade in offer:

It looks like their old 3DS/3DS XL trade in offer is going until March 1, right? I get thrown off because in all the US threads, it seems like they only have a couple days to trade in their old system after release day.

Can someone sell me on the new 3DS? What makes it special/different? Are games being released just for it, or is it just a hardware upgrade that plays 3DS and DS games?

Roto13

Can someone sell me on the new 3DS? What makes it special/different? Are games being released just for it, or is it just a hardware upgrade that plays 3DS and DS games?

It has a more stable 3D effect and an analog nub and extra shoulder buttons. Xenoblade 3D will be exclusive to it. And probably nothing else ever will.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
It has a more stable 3D effect and an analog nub and extra shoulder buttons. Xenoblade 3D will be exclusive to it. And probably nothing else ever will.

MiiVerse loading speeds are actually tolerable too. And I guess default NFC capabilities is a thing too for Amiibo.

My mom works in the building and the target employees told her that some time this week the discount is supposed to increase. Not very reliable but its something. :/

Zing

Banned
So wait, the system transfer is literally just moving licenses around and not any data? Why does it take so long to do then?
It moves all data stored on the internal memory.

Still not sure why it takes so long. I suspect that the ad hoc networking is .11b wifi speed.

I was going to trade my existing 3DS in, but even beat up systems with no box sell for more on eBay, even if you factor in the fees. I'm tempted to just sell there.

Alucard

Banned
My mom works in the building and the target employees told her that some time this week the discount is supposed to increase. Not very reliable but its something. :/

Cool, thanks. It makes sense. Things went on sale last Thursday, so having the second round of discounts (maybe) start this Thursday makes sense. I wonder how much of a change it'll be. Expecting electronics to jump from 10 to at least 20 percent off. I'll still hold off if that's the case. Need at least 30 percent off to be worth it on games that are 39.99 and above.

Vinc

Got a "order awaiting shipment" email from Future Shop this morning about pre-orders from E3 2013 and they removed The Order 1886 from it without me saying anything! Will I have to call them or is this common? Anyone else having this problem?

Got a "order awaiting shipment" email from Future Shop this morning about pre-orders from E3 2013 and they removed The Order 1886 from it without me saying anything! Will I have to call them or is this common? Anyone else having this problem?

Did you log in to see what the status of the order is on their website?

They don't just remove something like that unless the product has been cancelled or you received it from a pricing error.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It moves all data stored on the internal memory.

Still not sure why it takes so long. I suspect that the ad hoc networking is .11b wifi speed.

I was going to trade my existing 3DS in, but even beat up systems with no box sell for more on eBay, even if you factor in the fees. I'm tempted to just sell there.
Wait, I thought the point of moving the SD card over is so you don't have to move the data wirelessly.

How come Nintendo products make no sense? Just let me register my account on multiple systems. Or give me a damn download code for MH4 so I don't have to worry about deleting the game by accident.

Wait, I thought the point of moving the SD card over is so you don't have to move the data wirelessly.

How come Nintendo products make no sense? Just let me register my account on multiple systems. Or give me a damn download code for MH4 so I don't have to worry about deleting the fucking game by accident.

I think you need to move your licenses and NNID and this takes 45 minutes or so for some stupid reason.

I don't know. It's Nintendo.

I know the Monster Hunter 4 Demo thread had a link to very specific instructions on how not to delete your Monster Hunter game license when doing the transfer. You should definitely track it down.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

How come Nintendo products make no sense? Just let me register my account on multiple systems. Or give me a damn download code for MH4 so I don't have to worry about deleting the game by accident.
NoA tweeted a link to a YouTube video on how to do everything. Look it up.

Sapiens

I think you need to move your licenses and NNID and this takes 45 minutes or so for some stupid reason.

I don't know. It's Nintendo.

I know the Monster Hunter 4 Demo thread had a link to very specific instructions on how not to delete your Monster Hunter game license when doing the transfer. You should definitely track it down.

Considering the hardware, I'm pretty impressed with how much Nintendo wrung out of the 3DS, but at the same time, I really hope better online and system functionality is a top priority next time around - thought with the WiiU being what it is, I'm not too optimistic.

mdubs

Banned
So for clarification I asked my eb games about the deal.

They said that they would give you a week to do the transfer, you can bring in your old 3ds within the first week of your new 3ds purchase to do the trade in and they would refund you the money.

Thanks to all of you who volunteered to test my New 3DS transfer questionnaire, I think it's ready to post now.

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, I made a Google Form for the New 3DS OT that takes you through some questions and at the end will tell you what system transfer method is most convenient under your conditions. I guess it won't hurt to post now.

So if you're unsure what to do, follow this link and see if the solution works for you. If someone spots a mistake, pleaseee let me know so I can fix it before I potentially mess up someone's transfer :p.

One thing I'm confused about is that Nintendo says you need a Philips #0 screwdriver, while all other reports say you need a Philips #00. I use a random brand screwdriver in my N3DS so I don't know which is correct. Are they different depending on region? If so I will have to update the guide.

This seems well done.

Magnus

Do any of you have personal medical insurance? (as in, not through work)

For prescription drugs, optical, dental, etc. Nothing fancy beyond that.

Where to start when it comes to looking for the right one? I've had people recommend Blue Cross, but I'm not sure what else is out there. Do banking institutions offer anything? Or is it best to just ask my GP?

Do you receive a confirmation email or does the status of your order change to confirmed?

Sorry, I should have specified that it was in store.

The store where I pre-ordered my Majora's Mask New 3DS XL got all of their New 3DS XL stock in (MM, MH4U, Red, Black, etc.) and I confirmed one of the TWO they get were mine and it will be ready for pick up on Friday.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Where to start when it comes to looking for the right one? I've had people recommend Blue Cross, but I'm not sure what else is out there. Do banking institutions offer anything? Or is it best to just ask my GP?

I tried looking for one on my own after not being covered by my school, and I found it was way too expensive to be worth it unless you know you will need it... but in that case, chances are you'd have super high premiums anyway as a result.

Jagxyz

Anyone preorder Evolve from Amazon?

Did you get the preorder bonus codes - instant hunter pack thing? I haven't received any codes in my email.

Fularu

Banned
My amazon order of MM LE still shows that they can't give me a delivery date, the game comes out this friday and I preordered as soon as it went up

Fml

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Yeah I preordered the MM new 3ds and It's not giving me a delivery date either.
I contacted them yesterday and all they told me was that they might know more on Friday. It's getting a bit ridiculous, so this will more than likely be the last time I order from Amazon unless absolutely necessary.

Luigi87

I contacted them yesterday and all they told me was that they might know more on Friday. It's getting a bit ridiculous, so this will more than likely be the last time I order from Amazon unless absolutely necessary.

On Friday? The day it is supposed to be out?
That is ridiculous..

zeitgeist

Did you do any post secondary school? I think pretty much every post-secondary school with an Alumni committee has a health plan for Alumni that is worth checking out.
It might at least be a good first place to look for options.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
On Friday? The day it is supposed to be out?
That is ridiculous..
Yup. They mentioned that they have yet to receive their stock from the supplier, and that they would update the info as soon as it came in. Honestly, I'm expecting them to end up having to cancel some orders.

It says nothing about being able to take the system home. They usually allow you to do it in store.

People should verify with their individual locations whether or not they will be able to take the New 3ds home to the transfer if they are unable to do in store.

Makes sense. I plan to just tether the internet to my phone so that I can do the transfer in store or like in the food court or something, heh.

I used to use Blue Cross, although some companies offer continuance plans (say you get laid off, some offer a way to continue coverage out of pocket). Blue Cross was very friendly except that they are regional (you have to subscribe to the Blue Cross company applicable to your region). I don't recall this being particularly cheap but given the cost of dental (and more importantly, my prescription meds) it was worth it once I had it for six months.

kennah

Check out green shield.

Jesus. So I need a microSD to SD adapter as well. lol

So wait, the system transfer is literally just moving licenses around and not any data? Why does it take so long to do then?

Speaking of, anyone in Guelph or would drive to Guelph want a MM N3DS? Otherwise I'm probably going to cancel my preorder for that and just move it to the MH N3DS.

Is this still available? I work in Guelph and would love to get this. I missed my preorder chance.

I grabbed a set of Phillips precision screwdrivers for $2.50 at Dollarama.

That's for those of you who will be swapping Micro SD cards.

Top Bottom