• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

i-Jest

mdubs

Banned
Did any Canadians get their Wave 3 amiibos from Amazon.ca?

I'm still waiting on Dee Dee, Ike and MegaMan. Pretty sure I'm not getting them

A number of us in the Canada amiibo thread ordered Dedede from Amazon last week and everyone got him, feel free to post there if you have any questions

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Did any Canadians get their Wave 3 amiibos from Amazon.ca?

I'm still waiting on Dee Dee, Ike and MegaMan. Pretty sure I'm not getting them
I got all my Wave 3 from Amazon.ca except for Sonic and Mega Man. Sonic looks like he'll ship on the 19th, while Mega Man doesn't have a release date for me yet.

A number of us in the Canada amiibo thread ordered Dedede from Amazon last week and everyone got him, feel free to post there if you have any questions

Oh didn't even know a separate thread existed, thanks I will post there. I have amazon.ca looking into my order now

1337Sauce

Is this a regular thing for Amazon.ca to have not provided a Majora's Mask CE delivery estimate? I've never pre-ordered on amazon before, so I'm not too sure how their system works!

Sealtest

Is this a regular thing for Amazon.ca to have not provided a Majora's Mask CE delivery estimate? I've never pre-ordered on amazon before, so I'm not too sure how their system works!

PS4 launch was kinda iffy until a few days before, could be the same thing

Random comment: I just changed the shipping address and payment info for an order on Best Buy's site. Frankly, I'm shocked that it worked properly without any drama, after years of BB/FS crapping the bed any time you so much as blinked the wrong way at an order. So rejoice, you don't have to call in every time you want to change the address or credit card on an order!

(and now that I've said this, the BB/FS sites will go back to being utter shite)

SickBoy

This isn't what I came here to post, but I think it's nice that the Amiibo thread appears to be working out. It's busy in there, the pace here is steady but slowed down, and as we see in this thread, people can be easily (and pleasantly) directed there. Good stuff!

Now, onto my post:

Random comment: I just changed the shipping address and payment info for an order on Best Buy's site. Frankly, I'm shocked that it worked properly without any drama, after years of BB/FS crapping the bed any time you so much as blinked the wrong way at an order. So rejoice, you don't have to call in every time you want to change the address or credit card on an order!

(and now that I've said this, the BB/FS sites will go back to being utter shite)

I was looking at Best Buy's site today as I was pondering whether return Evolve... and I noticed that "change payment" option. I may have to give it a go because my E3 preorders are paid with a Target RedCard Mastercard. Good to hear that it apparently works.

As for Evolve, I wound up selling it for about $10 more than I paid. Which is still about $20-25 less than it costs in stores. Worked out well for both parties... I was getting a bit uncomfortable about returning it, because it would've been my third return from my E3 preorders (after NHL and Plants Vs. Zombies... which I gave back after they refused to PM Walmart).

MarkusRJR

Canada Post "delivered" a package to my community mailbox but the key they gave me opened an empty mailbox. Presumably they delivered it to the wrong box or something? What do I do in a situation like this?

Canada Post "delivered" a package to my community mailbox but the key they gave me opened an empty mailbox. Presumably they delivered it to the wrong box or something? What do I do in a situation like this?

That happened to me before. I had to call the post office (small town at the time, only one post office) and the following day the proper key was left in my mailbox.

A contact (the person who orders inventory from Nintendo) at Toys R Us has said that they will not be receiving the Majora's Mask LE hardware system. Your best bet would be EB Games, FutureShop and Best Buy. The latter two would be your bestest bet.

big_z

have new 3ds demo units shown up in stores yet? ive seen promo stuff saying to try it early but haven't seen actual units installed yet. this was a week ago.

have new 3ds demo units shown up in stores yet? ive seen promo stuff saying to try it early but haven't seen actual units installed yet. this was a week ago.

I have been tripping over them everywhere I go for weeks. Almost every FS I go to has them and I was in Toys R Us a couple of days ago and they had one too.

still the same

remember what you did when you went from OG to XL? the final step told you to switch over the SD card

Ugh fuck.

So I need a MicroSD card adapter and a regular SD card adapter to get all my content?

Fuck off Nintendo. Your shitty transferring and ID system. Total garbage.

ohlawd

you can still do the transfer without a microsd and pc. you do lose your license for the preinstalled game but aren't you getting the MM XL? that doesn't come with the game.

edit: k uh guess I remembered that wrong. there''s like 1092250 variations to transferring.

dude, how much data are you transferring? if the included 4 gig microsd is enough then just do the transfer, say yes to using an SD card and choose wireless. you'll keep your saves but gotta redownload games

isny

napkin dispenser

They just provided one this morning. Delivery estimate of Tues or Wed for me.

Anyone manage to order an extra Skull Kid LE that they're selling at cost? Seems stores won't have any for walk in's, only for those who pre-ordered.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
They just provided one this morning. Delivery estimate of Tues or Wed for me.

Anyone manage to order an extra Skull Kid LE that they're selling at cost? Seems stores won't have any for walk in's, only for those who pre-ordered.

Estimated Feb 20-26 for me. mrgrgr

No date on the MM N3DS XL yet.

Bass260

Does anyone have a delivery estimate for the New 3DS from Amazon yet? Somehow I think it isn't going to get here by Friday...*sigh*

Zing

Banned
Yesterday, EB called me to let me know my n3DS systems were in store and set aside for me. No midnight opening.

When will companies stop with arbitrary street dates?

Yesterday, EB called me to let me know my n3DS systems were in store and set aside for me. No midnight opening.

When will companies stop with arbitrary street dates?

I actually prefer set street dates. I can plan my schedule around game and console releases. I hated having to constantly call EB waiting for shipments to come in so I could finally go in and pick up my preorder.

It was essentially the amiibo delivery system for all games at one point.

Sapiens

Does anyone have a delivery estimate for the New 3DS from Amazon yet? Somehow I think it isn't going to get here by Friday...*sigh*

Nope. If it doesn't ship by today, we're not getting them till Monday at the earliest. Usually, Amazon is pretty good about getting things to me on release date. Even 2-day prime turns into 1 day shipping on occasion.

We'll see.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Nope. If it doesn't ship by today, we're not getting them till Monday at the earliest. Usually, Amazon is pretty good about getting things to me on release date. Even 2-day prime turns into 1 day shipping on occasion.

We'll see.
Not if they're in Ontario. :p

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Even with free shipping my Amazon orders arrive the day after I get the notice, so I'll be foolishly clinging to that, hoping that Friday will still be the day.

Bass260

Not for me, but apparently a Gaffer did.

Link

We'll see.

Thanks. In that case I think I'll be cancelling my order and looking for an in-store Black n3DS. I have a week off from the 14th-23rd and I don't want to waste it due to Amazon's shipping woes.

Seriously? That's awesome then. This whole time, I was under the impression that it was a statuary holiday.

It's a provincial holiday. It's statutory but not a federal holiday. BC had their Family Day this past Monday.

Canada Post outlets in retail stores tend to be closed though.

Canada Post offices and mail services are still open.

I'm not sure which carrier services operate though. Edit: Looks like most don't operate on Family Day.

Top Bottom