• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Interested in trading my 3DS XL for the new one at EBgames and it says:

"Please note that you will be able to transfer your data from your existing 3DS to your NEW 3DS XL console. Please see sales associate for full details."

Anyone know how they'll let me transfer?

Doesn't the process take hours?

When I was at EB the other day, someone called about this.

I believe the CSR said that the person would have 24 hours to do the transfer, then bring his older 3DS model in for the credit.

He did say to talk to the manager if any further clarification was required, so this could be wrong.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Amazon.ca

Order from the first time it was up:
jPB9bj1.png

Order from the second time it was up a couple of hours later (the one for Kuro):
hJIJbFb.png

Ryne

As Fuzzy's image shows, I don't have an estimate and I ordered it the second time it was up. Anyone else ordered it the second time it was up and don't have an estimate?

I did also get a pre-order in at FS and BB, so hopefully one comes through (ideally two, my brother loves MM).

zroid

Banned
amazon's estimates have always seemed really random to me but at least it means it's probably shipping soon

still hoping I get mine on Friday, but I can settle for Monday... probably won't be getting my N3DS till later next week anyway

Qwyjibo

As Fuzzy's image shows, I don't have an estimate and I ordered it the second time it was up. Anyone else ordered it the second time it was up and don't have an estimate?

I did also get a pre-order in at FS and BB, so hopefully one comes through (ideally two, my brother loves MM).
I think I'm in that "second time" group of Majora's Mask orders as well. I got my original confirmation email from Amazon on Jan. 6 at 9:40pm EST. Still no shipping date showing.

Renewed

lol I called them just now

eh sounded like they didn't get their shipment yet but reassured me my shit will be there on the midnight launch >_>

Well shit. I have faith in them. I was thinking of calling them about if my Sonic+Megaman were in yet but didn't get to it. They called me that evening to let me know it was in.

Anth0ny

This is really crazy. I never get this lucky with limited edition stuff. My favorite game of all time, too! :)

I'm sure I'll miss out on an
amiibo
or something. This all has to even out at some point.

Yup I got as far as entering my CC info... Then it declined. Then when I tried to go back and do it again, it doesn't get past "proceed"...

Damn...

Can you change a credit card for a pre-order on EBgames.ca?

"If you would like to change or update your credit card or method of payment, please cancel the order and place the order again with your preferred payment method."

Um...No thanks won't cancel a out of stock pre-order!

Can you change a credit card for a pre-order on EBgames.ca?

"If you would like to change or update your credit card or method of payment, please cancel the order and place the order again with your preferred payment method."

Um...No thanks won't cancel a out of stock pre-order!

I'm not actually sure that you can. They put a pre-authorization on your card right away when you order, which most places don't do, so it might be a pain. Call and ask them though, their customer service has always been great for me to deal with.

Jagxyz

Wow, Amazon just credited me $6 for Evolve because of their pre-order price guarantee.

Thing is, with the E3 promo it only cost me like $40 anyway.

$34 for Evolve? Amazon too nice.

Edit : Upon further inspection, they did charge me $40. Wonder why they sent me an email then saying, "You saved CDN$ 6.00 with Amazon.ca's Pre-order Price Guarantee!"
Either way, I hope there's similar deals this E3... though I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'm not actually sure that you can. They put a pre-authorization on your card right away when you order, which most places don't do, so it might be a pain. Call and ask them though, their customer service has always been great for me to deal with.

I happened to have the right card finally but the guy could have changed it. Their CS was great! I would have saved a called if I could see any info about my order. The website does not say much! Anyway, all is well!

How long does the 3DS transfer actually take? I mentioned before I planned to do the transfer in the mall and tether with my phone for the internet connection required - but how long does it actually take? Just trying to figure out if I have enough time to do it before I get to work.

Renewed

How long does the 3DS transfer actually take? I mentioned before I planned to do the transfer in the mall and tether with my phone for the internet connection required - but how long does it actually take? Just trying to figure out if I have enough time to do it before I get to work.

Just the licenses and whatnot or a full transfer? NoE's transfer guide says that it takes approximately 2 hours to transfer 4GB in the full transfer via WiFi. I imagine if you use a MicroSD+adapter in your current 3DS you can do the quicker transfer and be done in less than an hour.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I happened to have the right card finally but the guy could have changed it. Their CS was great! I would have saved a called if I could see any info about my order. The website does not say much! Anyway, all is well!
I wasn't able to do it online anyways. I had to email and then call to get it done.

Maximus.

I need it for Friday and have to do the transfer quickly (2 days) since I have to return it and redo the purchase with the EB trade in. So I have to do this quickly.

I have no use for it after this. Thanks Future Shop!

You're a model citizen! This is something you probably shouldn't be sharing with other people...

You're a model citizen! This is something you probably shouldn't be sharing with other people...

FS/BB aren't too picky about taking back opened merchandise in the first few days after sale.

It's not something I would do myself but they'll take it back.

Honestly, it makes more sense just to keep. This is probably not the last time he's ever going to need one.

Wow, Amazon just credited me $6 for Evolve because of their pre-order price guarantee.

Thing is, with the E3 promo it only cost me like $40 anyway.

$34 for Evolve? Amazon too nice.

Edit : Upon further inspection, they did charge me $40. Wonder why they sent me an email then saying, "You saved CDN$ 6.00 with Amazon.ca's Pre-order Price Guarantee!"
Either way, I hope there's similar deals this E3... though I'm not getting my hopes up.

Amazon usually sends you an email around the time they ship your order about how much you saved due to the price guarantee since you placed the order. So at some point in the last, what, seven months?, the price apparently dropped by six bucks. You might have already taken that price drop into account if it happened months ago.

Amazon please

eMw5lbP.jpg

I can't handle ordering limited things like that online. Possible delays, packing issues etc.

I'll be at my EB at 8:30am for when they open at 9am this Friday. Hopefully no one else will be there and I will choose which one to take.

That's what I've been doing with all Amiibo Waves. Arriving when their shipment arrives and getting to choose from all the ones available. I don't want them picking one that has poor paint work or bent packaging.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I don't care?

Why would anyone else care? Empathy towards big business isn't my thing. Fuck em!

um...because you're returning a product that you've used, which in turn will be put back on the shelf for somebody else to buy not even knowing that it's been already used prior to the transaction.

um...because you're returning a product that you've used, which in turn will be put back on the shelf for somebody else to buy not even knowing that it's been already used prior to the transaction.

Keep it in mind if he ever pipes up as one of the ones that bitches about EB selling open games that may or may not have been used.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I heard EB uses Purolator... I've heard horror stories about Purolator.

I live in a Condo, so I certainly hope they just drop off the mail at the front desk instead of taking it for a joy ride back to their pick up destination or what not.

Palehorse

My EB just called to confirm they have my MM3DS in and they're opening at 9PM tomorrow for an hour to sell them. I also have 48 hours to do my transfer before going back in to do the trade in deal.

On a puzzling note, I moved my data from my SD via PC to a microSD I got and then put the new MicroSD in (with adapter) but the 3DS didn't see that any data was there. Anyone else have this issue? Should I have formatted first? I checked that it was FAT32 before doing the transfer.

My EB just called to confirm they have my MM3DS in and they're opening at 9PM tomorrow for an hour to sell them. I also have 48 hours to do my transfer before going back in to do the trade in deal.

On a puzzling note, I moved my data from my SD via PC to a microSD I got and then put the new MicroSD in (with adapter) but the 3DS didn't see that any data was there. Anyone else have this issue? Should I have formatted first? I checked that it was FAT32 before doing the transfer.

Where are you located, fyi?

Keep it in mind if he ever pipes up as one of the ones that bitches about EB selling open games that may or may not have been used.

Future Shop decides and to put it back on the shelves as new not me.

Also keep it in mind? Need to keep track of some vendetta or something? Yeesh. You'll never let go of the scalping thing eh? Or wait sorry. I don't know math.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Future Shop decides and to put it back on the shelves as new not me.

Also keep it in mind? Need to keep track of some vendetta or something? Yeesh. You'll never let go of the scalping thing eh? Or wait sorry. I don't know math.

Really Byron, really...

Top Bottom