• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Just so you guys know about the Amazon.ca delivery estimates:

My estimates always say like 3-4 after release, but they still always ship the day before release and get to me the next day. I'm in downtown Toronto, so that colours it a bit, but I wouldn't put too much stock in that estimate, it's usually way further out than the reality. They'll probably ship the n3ds units tomorrow.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I actually prefer set street dates. I can plan my schedule around game and console releases. I hated having to constantly call EB waiting for shipments to come in so I could finally go in and pick up my preorder.

It was essentially the amiibo delivery system for all games at one point.
Yes but not being allowed to buy something before an arbitrary date when the store already has stock is stupid.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

My estimates always say like 3-4 after release, but they still always ship the say before release and get to me the next day. I'm in downtown Toronto, so that colours it a bit, but I wouldn't put too much stock in that estimate, it's usually way further out than the reality. They'll probably ship tomorrow.

This only recently started happening to me.

By the way, just receive an estimate on the N3DS, 19-25th. Still betting I see it ship tomorrow and receive it on Friday (Toronto).

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
759.gif

vulva

Here I am kinda hoping that my 3ds/LE get a slight delay. I'm out of town as of tomorrow until the 22nd. I know Canada post is supposed to hold the items for 15 days, but I worry

Yes but not being allowed to buy something before an arbitrary date when the store already has stock is stupid.

That's pretty much everything for books, movies, music and video games.

Retailers want to be able to stage events and promotions around release dates. Publishers want to advertise release dates so consumers know when the product is available.

It also gives everyone a fair shot to go in on day one and get the product before it sells out, otherwise enthusiasts who call in every few hours to find out if a shipment has come in have an advantage.

The amiibo fiasco has reminded me of how great it is to KNOW when a product is going to release instead of some random drop dates.

My estimates always say like 3-4 after release, but they still always ship the say before release and get to me the next day. I'm in downtown Toronto, so that colours it a bit, but I wouldn't put too much stock in that estimate, it's usually way further out than the reality. They'll probably ship tomorrow.

Same thing for me too. Their estimates appear to be more of a worse case scenario.

So I'm not stressing too much over this:
"The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D with Skull Kid Figurine - Limited Bundle Edition"
Estimated arrival date: February 20, 2015 - February 26, 2015

Is this shippingGAF now? Did anybody order an N3DS from ebgames.ca and get a delivery date? Waiting on my Monster Hunter LE system and collector's edition game as well. Hopefully they can get it out for release day. =|

Aerocia

Is this shippingGAF now? Did anybody order an N3DS from ebgames.ca and get a delivery date? Waiting on my Monster Hunter LE system and collector's edition game as well. Hopefully they can get it out for release day. =|

Same. I don't think we'll get a confirmation until tomorrow at least..

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Same thing for me too. Their estimates appear to be more of a worse case scenario.

So I'm not stressing too much over this:
"The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D with Skull Kid Figurine - Limited Bundle Edition"
Estimated arrival date: February 20, 2015 - February 26, 2015
Yeah, they told me I'd receive my memory card on the 13th, but the delivery "attempt" ended up being the 9th. So we should be OK.

DVCY201

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on January 06, 2015. We've listed the item(s) listed below with the expected delivery date(s):

Estimated arrival date: February 18, 2015 - February 19, 2015

Feb. 18-19. My Reading Break is almost over by then!

$280 at Shoppers this week. There's a 20x coupon for today if you're an Optimum member.

Otherwise it's $270 at Target (10% off).

Target here (Charlottetown) is sold out, and I'm not sure if our local Shoppers carry much in the way of electronics. I'll definitely check it out though.

isny

napkin dispenser
So why did no one ever tell me Target sold Cocoa Pebbles?! Bought one of the ginormous family size boxes! So happy!!

Just came back from the Yonge and Eglinton EB. Looks like they may be short a couple of preorders on eachc model of the N3DSXL. It may just be isolated to them since the guy mentioned something about a tampered box that had to be returned.

If you ordered from that location you should verify your order.

Oneself

Head's up, grain of salt needed, but I heard Target employees talk about the next wave of rebates in the electronics, it would start on February 20th, 30%.

JazzmanZ

So uh about the SD cards for the new 3DS does it only support microSD cards? or can I use my current 32 GB SDHC card in the 3DS XL just fine?

Jinto

Yeah, it's looking like my MM3D won't be arriving until after my Reading Week :(

Yeah, I was hoping it would arrive on Friday, right on time for reading week. My LE from Amazon doesn't even have an estimated release date yet.

I haven't been charged for the 3DS yet from Best Buy either. They charged me for Monster Hunter a few days ago.

Yeah, I was hoping it would arrive on Friday, right on time for reading week. My LE from Amazon doesn't even have an estimated release date yet.

I haven't been charged for the 3DS yet from Best Buy either. They charged me for Monster Hunter a few days ago.

Monster Hunter they charged unusually early. I think they charged it like it was going to be a Tuesday release and then realized it doesn't come out until Friday.

If you're in Toronto or close to an FS/BB warehouse you won't usually get charged until less than 24 hours before the product releases. Shipping notices won't go out until the evening before a lot of times.

Jinto

Monster Hunter they charged unusually early. I think they charged it like it was going to be a Tuesday release and then realized it doesn't come out until Friday.

If you're in Toronto or close to an FS/BB warehouse you won't usually get charged until less than 24 hours before the product releases. Shipping notices won't go out until the evening before a lot of times.

Yeah, Monster Hunter did get charged earlier than normal. Unfortunately, I'm in Alberta, so if Best Buy doesn't ship out the 3DS by today I won't be getting it until next week.

For people not getting dates from Amazon, do you have Prime?

Yeah, I have prime. :/

Anyone know when the online pre-orders for the n3DS will ship from eb? I want mine Friday, and Monday will be a stat holiday here in Manitoba urgggh

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know when the online pre-orders for the n3DS will ship from eb? I want mine Friday, and Monday will be a stat holiday here in Manitoba urgggh

I'd like to know this too, but I've heard from multiple people that they'll likely ship it Thursday so it's there by Friday -- I don't know if this actually happens. I've never bought from EB before online.

Edit:

Saw the first on twitter, decided to ask about the N3DS XL as well. Shipping tomorrow, receive Friday hopefully!

I'd like to know this too, but I've heard from multiple people that they'll likely ship it Thursday so it's there by Friday -- I don't know if this actually happens. I've never bought from EB before online.

Edit:
4P1z354.png

Assuming it's the same deal w/ the N3DS XL too.

This is good news. I only took the free shipping though...so hopefully it still comes by the end of the day

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
This is good news. I only took the free shipping though...so hopefully it still comes by the end of the day

I did as well.

The latest is Tues, which is not too bad -- though I think you'd be good to get it Friday.

Renewed

For my case I went with ship-to-store so I can grab my MonHun 3DS and Majora's Mask (Standard, because I want to play the game and don't know when BestBuy will ship the Limited Edition). I also enjoy human interaction.

I assume it'll arrive along with their shipment of normal n3DS XLs, which means it would be there now by the way I see people in Northern-ish Ontario saying their stores have it.

I did as well.

The latest is Tues, which is not too bad -- though I think you'd be good to get it Friday.

Would that depend on how close you are to where they're shipping out from? Actually, does anyone know where EB ships out from? If it's from BC then I'm probably good for Friday lol.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Would that depend on how close you are to where they're shipping out from? Actually, does anyone know where EB ships out from? If it's from BC then I'm probably good for Friday lol.

They have a warehouse in Brampton, ON. I'm in Mississauga -- so that's good for me.

Though I wonder if they have multiple warehouses.

ohlawd

For my case I went with ship-to-store so I can grab my MonHun 3DS and Majora's Mask (Standard, because I want to play the game and don't know when BestBuy will ship the Limited Edition). I also enjoy human interaction.

I assume it'll arrive along with their shipment of normal n3DS XLs, which means it would be there now by the way I see people in Northern-ish Ontario saying their stores have it.

lol I called them just now

eh sounded like they didn't get their shipment yet but reassured me my shit will be there on the midnight launch >_>

Top Bottom