• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Weiss

Banned
I posted this in the Amiibo thread, but if anybody is interested, I have a spare Lucario that I'm willing to trade. If you're interested, shoot me a PM.

Well knowingly returning something as "new" when it's been opened and used is dishonest. I'm sure people hate buying something that looks new but actually isn't.

Fularu

Banned
Thanks Amazon

1WLoO2z.png

Just one week after everyone else! Yeah!

Qwyjibo

I think I'm going to try to sell my XL on Kijiji instead of the EB trade in. "Sweeten" the deal by including the used copy of New SMB 2 that I got (yes, I know it's a mediocre game). Looking at some of the ridiculous prices people are putting their XLs up for, I should be able to get more than the $100.

I think I'm going to try to sell my XL on Kijiji instead of the EB trade in. "Sweeten" the deal by including the used copy of New SMB 2 (yes, I know it's a mediocre game).

I'm sure you can get around $140.

I have a Pikachu 3DS XL I'm considering selling, going to ask $300 for it.

Fularu

Banned
It's amazing how people never learn about amazon.ca. If you want a game day1 they are not the store you should order from.

I'm perfectly fine getting it one week late. The previous page I said "amazon please" and they answered my call, so I'm thanking them

Guys. Amazon.ca commonly gives shipping estimates a week or more away, but then actually ships the day before release anyway.

Don't worry about it unless we actually get to Friday and it isn't shipped. This is very normal for Amazon.ca stuff. No way to actually tell as of now.

Guys. Amazon.ca commonly gives shipping estimates a week or more away, but then actually ships the day before release anyway.

Don't worry about it unless we actually get to Friday and it isn't shipped. This is very normal for Amazon.ca stuff. No way to actually tell as of now.

this is true. literally just happened to me with Evolve

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

I can confirm that while not 100%, it's a very, very common occurrence.

I got a call from EB saying we can pick up the New 3DS and Majoras Mask at 9 pm. I think.

Actually I'm not sure, I wasn't totally paying attention to what was said.

I got a call from EB saying we can pick up the New 3DS and Majoras Mask at 9 pm. I think.

Actually I'm not sure, I wasn't totally paying attention to what was said.
Yeah I got that too. Asked about Monster Hunter, and they weren't sure about being able to sell that one (it's a decision made by publishers, and they don't know if they have the ol by capcom)

the3ye

No estimate for LE from amazon, but they've changed shipping to priority for free. They've also promised to ship it by Friday....but I don't trust them that much.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
No estimate for LE from amazon, but they've changed shipping to priority for free. They've also promised to ship it by Friday....but I don't trust them that much.
I don't know how they can promise to ship something by Friday that they've said they don't have yet.

Zing

Banned
How long does the 3DS transfer actually take? I mentioned before I planned to do the transfer in the mall and tether with my phone for the internet connection required - but how long does it actually take? Just trying to figure out if I have enough time to do it before I get to work.
I wouldn't risk it. I've had transfers fail and need to be restarted even with the systems next to each other (they use peer to peer networking for the transfer) at my house. It takes 30-45 minutes. You don't want to be waiting around like that.

Harusame

I don't think I'm going to my Eb's launch at 9PM tomorrow for my MM 3DSXL, MM and MH4U collectors edition. I feel that if I get it tomorrow night, I'm going to be tempted to open everything, transfer all my data and play Monster Hunter 4U the whole night and not get enough sleep for work the following day. I still need to buy a 64GB microSD card...

kasane

so how does eb trade in works again?

do i have to pay the full price and just come back with the xl to get the difference back or something?

Socreges

Banned
Just occurred to me.... the New 3DS XL doesn't come with a charger. So anyone doing the trade in deal needs to buy one separately? Fucking Nintendo.

What's the best place to get one from?

Just occurred to me.... the New 3DS XL doesn't come with a charger. So anyone doing the trade in deal needs to buy one separately? Fucking Nintendo.

What's the best place to get one from?
Look for DSi chargers online at Future Shop or Best Buy. DSi branded charger is cheaper than the 3DS branded one. You can order it online or reserve in store. Hopefully they're not sold out.

I forgot to get replace my expired card when pre-ordering MH4 CE on EB lol
probably I will just cancel it and get the digital version instead

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone who ordered N3DS or the Majora's Mask 3D Limited Edition should probably now have a charge on their card for it.

Woke up this morning to check my bank statement and saw the charges for both.

That means a tracking number is coming soon!

Anyone who ordered N3DS or the Majora's Mask 3D Limited Edition should probably now have a charge on their card for it.

Woke up this morning to check my bank statement and saw the charges for both.

That means a tracking number is coming soon!

You mean at a specific store in particular? I know I got charged by EBGames but that's it.

Also, never got a delivery date for MM Skull Kid on Amazon. How long do they usually wait until they send a "We're sorry but you will never receive your stuff" e-mail?

Anyone else get one of those payment failure notifications from EB regarding the Skull Kid Majora?

"There has been an issue capturing payment for the amount of 61.59 related to order *******"

I know this has happened before, so I don't want to freak out and call just yet.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
You mean at a specific store in particular? I know I got charged by EBGames but that's it.

Also, never got a delivery date for MM Skull Kid on Amazon. How long do they usually wait until they send a "We're sorry but you will never receive your stuff" e-mail?
Online orders.

Top Bottom