• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Does anyone know if FS would still be able to ship the MM3DS to arrive tomorrow if the shipment still hasn't gone out yet? Likewise for EB Games and the LE.

Alucard

Banned
No they haven't, and still no word on the when.

Cool, thanks. I'm sort of relying on this thread to keep me posted on this. Haha. Really hope games hit the 30 percent off mark with the next round of discounts. The Target near my place had 2 copies of Bravely Default left when I checked earlier this week. Hope at least one is available when the games go down again.

Does anyone know if FS would still be able to ship the MM3DS to arrive tomorrow if the shipment still hasn't gone out yet? Likewise for EB Games and the LE.

Depends on where you are.

As someone in Toronto that's usually what happens. My Xbox One shipment notification didn't come until the night before.

Most of my charges and notifications don't happen until the day before.

I received my shipping notification for Rosalina at 10pm last night and she will be delivered today. They didn't even charge my card until 3 in the afternoon yesterday.

If I wanted to go to an early morning ebgames launch (it starts at 9am) for a new 3DS, What time should I arrive there?

I know it varies by store, but do you guys predict long lines?

I live in Hamilton btw (uni town)

If I wanted to go to an early morning ebgames launch (it starts at 9am) for a new 3DS, What time should I arrive there?

I know it varies by store, but do you guys predict long lines?

I live in Hamilton btw (uni town)

I doubt there will be long lines.

Judging by the preorder numbers at my local EB there were about 30 people who preordered and this is at the relatively busy Yonge and Eglinton location in Toronto. Probably less than half those people will line up.

People going for extras may be disappointed. I am not sure how much extra stores like EB are actually getting. I know the store I preordered from didn't have enough for all their preorders as of yesterday.

CRA5H

Just occurred to me.... the New 3DS XL doesn't come with a charger. So anyone doing the trade in deal needs to buy one separately? Fucking Nintendo.

What's the best place to get one from?
DSi chargers are cheaper if you can find them. If not, Do NOT go to FS or BB for 3DS chargers because they are $20. TRU and Walmart have them both for $15.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
So I figured I may as well trade in my 3DS OG and 3DS XL.

Anyone know how the system transfer stuff works with EBGames? I have a week to transfer then come back to get $100 off...?

Also does this work with online orders as well? I ordered mine from the site, not in-store.

Banned
Tomorrow is the day I call Nintendo to transfer my digital games to my n3DS since I traded in my old 3DS back in September. This should be fun.

IceIpor

Anyone know if Target's deals have hit phase 2? It's been a week since they started their clearance.

It's only been a week... We have up to 14 more weeks to go.

If anything, electronics will jump to 20% then 25% first.

Who in their right mind would lose profit on electronics, just to give some people a "good deal"?

Sapiens

Sigh, amazon - no indication I will get this tomorrow. I'm probably just going to walk into a futureshop or whatever and get one.

Moltenix

What's the chance of me getting a Black or Red XL at EB Games tomorrow without a preorder?

I didn't really want one but the hype is starting to get to me!

baconcow

I asked this, earlier, but it has been left behind. Does anyone know if you can trade in two systems to EB Games at once, putting it towards a New 3DS XL? EB Games rep I called didn't know and there was no manager around to answer.

What's the chance of me getting a Black or Red XL at EB Games tomorrow without a preorder?

Like I mentioned before, my local location doesn't have enough for their preorders as of yesterday.

You need to call in to your location and ask.

I'm in Toronto, but I figure they have to begin the shipping process today in order for people to receive their stuff tomorrow. I don't really care when it comes, I just hope it doesn't get cancelled.

They can start the process in the afternoon and still get it to you by tomorrow. I wasn't charged for Rosalina until around 2:00pm EST yesterday and I didn't receive my shipping notice until 10pm EST and it's Out for Delivery right now.

Zing

Banned
I asked this, earlier, but it has been left behind. Does anyone know if you can trade in two systems to EB Games at once, putting it towards a New 3DS XL?
Why don't you call and let us know? ;)

I'm planning to take two OG systems in and give it a try. If not, oh well.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Well, there's going to be an extra N3DS Red XL at our location, because we're only going to take the Monhan system. I had put in the Red XL pre-order prior to obtaining the Majora's Mask system from Amazon, so we just don't need it.

Luigi87

Just was looking through different retailers twitters, Toys R Us, FS, and BB all replied they won't carry the MM n3DS in store... TRU not at all apparently... How freaking limited did Nintendo make these...

Just was looking through different retailers twitters, Toys R Us, FS, and BB all replied they won't carry the MM n3DS in store... TRU not at all apparently... How freaking limited did Nintendo make these...

Nintendo: If you want to buy it, we'll under ship it.

Hahaha

Like I predicted we are looking at pages and pages of New 3DS XL and Majora's Mask LE shipping and charging talk.

Shouldn't we be making a new thread then?

Canadian New 3DS XL Launch Thread

I can make it if you guys want?

Aerocia

Hahaha

Like I predicted we are looking at pages and pages of New 3DS XL and Majora's Mask LE shipping and charging talk.

Yes, and can you also make one for those of us that haven't been charged yet? TIA.

vulva

Hahaha

sure but do that after you finish scamming future shop because you're too fucking cheap to spend 2 bucks on a usb converter

Lothars

I contacted amazon about shipping and how late my 3ds majoras mask xl will be and they upped my shipping to priority for it.

so probably won't get it till monday but I am pumped.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
The N3DS shipping talk will die down by the end of the weekend and entirely by the end of next week. Amiibo hunting will be a thing for a long, long time. I wasn't pushing for a Canadian Amiibo thread, but in retrospect it's a fine thing and entirely different than a system launch like this.

And speaking of, MM LE game is 'Preparing for shipment', no word on N3DS MM yet.

Hahaha

It's already acknowledged in the thread subtitle, but if it cuts down on the bitching and moaning then I'm all for it. I'll be in there right with you bros.

The N3DS shipping talk will die down by the end of the weekend and entirely by the end of next week. Amiibo hunting will be a thing for a long, long time. I wasn't pushing for a Canadian Amiibo thread, but in retrospect it's a fine thing and entirely different than a system launch like this.

And speaking of, MM LE game is 'Preparing for shipment', no word on N3DS MM yet.

Yeah. I wasn't for an CND Amiibo thread at first but it made sense in the long run.

baconcow

Why don't you call and let us know? ;)

I'm planning to take two OG systems in and give it a try. If not, oh well.

I finally got an answer and they will only do 1. The trade-in for a second system decreases to $65 (from $80) for the regular 3DS and $80 (from $100) for the 3DS XL.

By the same token then people can post whatever they want despite how much it might bother or annoy you.

Yes I can ignore posts and I don't care. I was against the Amiibo thread having to be made because people can't just find what they are looking for.

My post about a thread for the 3DS launch was sarcasm but has truth since we set a precedent that something that takes over the thread needs to be moved.

Launches do that. Next week it will be The Order.

vulva

Yes I can ignore posts and I don't care. I was against the Amiibo thread having to be made because people can't just find what they are looking for.

My post about a thread for the 3DS launch was sarcasm but has truth since we set a precedent that something that takes over the thread needs to be moved.

Launches do that. Next week it will be The Order.

considering you think it's worth your time to spend 15 bucks and sit around waiting to do a return for a 2 dollar store item, I'm not expecting deductive reasoning to be your strength so I'll help you out here.

Amiibo talk is a regular specific thing that will continue to happen for the foreseeable future. Game releases/special editions etc are part of the general gaming deals/discussion and are isolated incidents.In 2 weeks once everything's settled, you won't see people posting about waiting for their n3ds. You'll still see the Amiibo thread blowing up though. It's a consistent driver as opposed to isolated discussions relating to a singular release event.

But again, you're free to post and do whatever dumb shit you want. Go ahead and go through the process of buying, returning to the store and returning a usb converter as a worthy investment of your time instead of just buying one at a dollar store like a normal, smart person.

Top Bottom