• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Tomorrow is the day I call Nintendo to transfer my digital games to my n3DS since I traded in my old 3DS back in September. This should be fun.
I really hope you just formated your 3DS to get rid of your info instead of deleting your NNID.

Yes I can ignore posts and I don't care. I was against the Amiibo thread having to be made because people can't just find what they are looking for.

My post about a thread for the 3DS launch was sarcasm but has truth since we set a precedent that something that takes over the thread needs to be moved.

Launches do that. Next week it will be The Order.

if any launches take up 75 pages in less than two weeks, you'll have a point

Dunlop

Man when did this thread get so hostile, you guys are ruining our Canadian stereotypes :p

The Amiibo topic was a abnormality which domintated this thread and the fact that the new thread is hitting 3.8k posts in 12 days show having it separated was the right call.

Has Lego Hobbit PS4 / XBONE for $18.99 at Costco been posted?

vulva

its not worth your time

Nah, I feel pretty good about posting about how dumb he is while he acts like a badass because he wants to waste his time while scamming a company on a low level as a mixture of a "fuck the man" attitude and the inability to make a smart purchase

Not to mention that shipping, hardware launches, and collector editions pertain to games directly. While amibos are tangentially gaming related and are a somewhat different consumer market since it potentially crosses-over with collector one.

Just the licenses and whatnot or a full transfer? NoE's transfer guide says that it takes approximately 2 hours to transfer 4GB in the full transfer via WiFi. I imagine if you use a MicroSD+adapter in your current 3DS you can do the quicker transfer and be done in less than an hour.

Yeah I currently have microSD card in an adapter so I only need to transfer the licenses. Think that's doable within 20 minutes? First world problems and all, just don't want to make two trips and go back to the mall, haha

Nah, I feel pretty good about posting about how dumb he is while he acts like a badass because he wants to waste his time while scamming a company on a low level as a mixture of a "fuck the man" attitude and the inability to make a smart purchase

I am far from dumb thanks.

I will do as I please with my time. I don't use SD cards for anything else. Nintendo is forcing me to get an adapter because of their antiquated methods.

I'm done talking to you. Leave me be. I never attacked anyone in stating my plans. But you seem to think it's necessary to attack me.

I am now ignoring you via Gaf options. See you never!

vulva

I am far from dumb thanks.

I will do as I please with my time. I don't use SD cards for anything else. Nintendo is forcing me to get an adapter because of their antiquated methods.

I'm done talking to you. Leave me be. I never attacked anyone in stating my plans. But you seem to think it's necessary to attack me.

I am now ignoring you via Gaf options. See you never!

You say you're far from dumb but your high moral stance on spending 2 bucks tells me otherwise.

Renewed

Yeah I currently have microSD card in an adapter so I only need to transfer the licenses. Think that's doable within 20 minutes? First world problems and all, just don't want to make two trips and go back to the mall, haha

I could see it taking that long to transfer the essential stuff. I wonder if the n3DS helps with the transfer speed or if we're still at the mercy of the network...

Dude I ignored you. Not sure what your reply said but I'm aure it was further attacking me.

I am not attacking anyone here. But you continue to do so to me.

Hey man, a man's gotta eat.
2 bucks is like 8 McDonald's Chicken McNuggets.

Looks like other people replying still shows ignored people's replies.

So my assumption was correct. Still attacking.

The first post on this page was me replying that I will look into the $2 one at dollarama or something. Why are you continuing?

vulva

Looks like other people replying still shows ignored people's replies.

So my assumption was correct. Still attacking.

The first post on this page was me replying that I will look into the $2 one at dollarama or something. Why are you continuing?

Haha why are you being such a weenie?

Who else thinks it's time for Byron and vulva to kiss and makeup?

vulva and Bayo have been added to my ignore list.

If you want to talk ethics of store purchase and returns sure. But using personal attacks is childish. Both have and I have no interest in hearing from them anymore.

Done with this conversation.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
My whole thing is ... who cares what someone else does, they're obviously not going to change their opinion. It's been said numerous times already it's a shitty thing to do. I think the message was made clear, there's no point of dragging it on and derailing the thread.

Anyway, I got my N3DS XL charging dock from Japan -- and now I'm just waiting for the final piece of the puzzle. EBGames pls send out shipping notices soon.

My whole thing is ... who cares what someone else does, they're obviously not going to change their opinion. It's been said numerous times already it's a shitty thing to do. I think the message was made clear.

Anyway, I got my N3DS XL charging dock from Japan -- and now I'm just waiting for the final piece of the puzzle. EBGames pls send out shipping notices soon.

Are they selling docks like that in NA yet?

My whole thing is ... who cares what someone else does, they're obviously not going to change their opinion. It's been said numerous times already it's a shitty thing to do. I think the message was made clear, there's no point of dragging it on and derailing the thread.

When did you order your dock? I ordered mine on the 19th of January and I'm still waiting. I was hoping for it this week but it may end up being next week.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Yeah. Obviously gives people a power rush they likely never have in real life.

Byron pls.

Every single one of us aren't saints; however, when one specifically mentions that they are buying a product, only to return it the next day as a new product after it's use is done, it's shitty and terrible as the price barrier to do a transfer is less than 5$.

I hate it when I buy a new product only to be found that it's already been used prior to my purchase; as would you, as would any.

Coupled with your comments below:

I have no use for it after this. Thanks Future Shop!

I don't care? Why would anyone else care? Fuck'em!

Get off your high horse, admit your wrong doing, and we will all move on casually as we once did.

Renewed

I used to observe this thread while waiting for my account to go through and noticed launches would come up and be around, then go away. So it's no big deal again from what I'd imagine.

Until Nintendo releases the normal size n3DS in limited quantities to a select few, where this thread will then combust

It's scary that one wrong click of an option can delete your NNID.

Whenever I go to airplane mode on my phone (I have my reasons), the restart option is also right there. Fallen for this too many times...

Here's hoping I don't royally screw myself over.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Are they selling docks like that in NA yet?

Don't think so.

When did you order your dock? I ordered mine on the 19th of January and I'm still waiting. I was hoping for it this week but it may end up being next week.

My co-worker ordered them, one for himself and one for me. I'd say maybe he ordered it around 2 weeks ago -- We thought we'd get them well after the launch but they came in already. He ordered them off of eBay, not sure if that makes any difference.

Don't think so.

My co-worker ordered them, one for himself and one for me. I'd say maybe he ordered it around 2 weeks ago -- We thought we'd get them well after the launch but they came in already. He ordered them off of eBay, not sure if that makes any difference.

I ordered mine off eBay. I really should have paid the $5 USD extra for tracking. I knew I was going to regret it.

Let it go. Byron is intent on doing what he pleases no matter what we say so there's no point in continuing to address the issue.

He's also welcome to make a New 3DS XL thread on GAF.

Byron pls.

Every single one of us aren't saints; however, when one specifically mentions that they are buying a product, only to return it the next day as a new product after it's use is done, it's shitty and terrible as the price barrier to do a transfer is less than 5$.

I hate it when I buy a new product only to be found that it's already been used prior to my purchase; as would you, as would any.

Coupled with your comments below:

Get off your high horse, admit your wrong doing, and we will all move on casually as we once did.

I never said I would tell them I never used it. I would return it used. I also replied to vulva saying I would look into the $2 one at a Dollerama.

I also never said what I was doing was right. Just that I didn't care.

And I was being sarcastic about making a New 3DS thread.

You guys are ridiculous.

I'm not talking about this anymore and will keep my plans to myself since people can't actually talk ethics but just result to personal attacks instead.

Roto13

Hahaha

Like I predicted we are looking at pages and pages of New 3DS XL and Majora's Mask LE shipping and charging talk.

Shouldn't we be making a new thread then?

Canadian New 3DS XL Launch Thread

I can make it if you guys want?

If anything needs to be removed from this thread and quarantined, it's your goddamn whining and constant meltdowns.

Go start a fucking Tumblr or something.

antibolo

Banned
Hahaha

Like I predicted we are looking at pages and pages of New 3DS XL and Majora's Mask LE shipping and charging talk.

Shouldn't we be making a new thread then?

Canadian New 3DS XL Launch Thread

I can make it if you guys want?

Why are you still beating on this drum?

Why can't you understand that the reason there's a separate thread for amiibos is because it's a persistent topic, unlike other product launches which are temporary bursts in the discussion?

Again with the personal attacks. Things get out of hand because people personally attacked me. Nothing else.

I'm done talking about this. Move on people.

You're the one who was not moving on. But anyway, glad to hear that this is going to stop now.

If anything needs to be removed from this thread and quarantined, it's your goddamn whining and constant meltdowns.

Go start a fucking Tumblr or something.

Again with the personal attacks. Things get out of hand because people personally attacked me. Nothing else.

Roto13

Things get out of hand because all you do is bitch and whine and complain. And you can't say you're "done talking about this" ten times and just keep on threadshitting and expect anyone to believe you.

I searched a could pages back and didn't see anything. Has anybody gotten an update from Future Shop for their n3ds XL order? Mine still says "In Progress"

SickBoy

Yes, we totally need a new thread for everything. (RIP :rolleyes smiley)

Yesterday there were 159 posts in this thread, covering everything to do with Canada except Amiibos -- including, obviously, heavy discussion about the N3DS. Yesterday in the Amiibo thread, there were 362.

I'm gonna quote myself about the difference in daily traffic between launches and big events vs. Amiibos:

Day E3 2013 (edit: E3 sale) preorders went live: ~250
Day PS4 preorders went live (Future Shop, at least): ~200
Day E3 2014 preorders went live: ~550
Day Rosalina preorders went live: ~700
First 12 hours of Amiibo thread: 341

How Byron thinks these things are equivalent, especially with Amiibos being an ongoing concern, I'm not sure. But certainly the rough data doesn't back him up.

I think the Amiibo thread is going swimmingly. I'm not a collector, but interested in what's what, so I poke my head in there every once in a while. No one's fighting about it (with a few exceptions) and while apparently some people have hurt feelings, I don't see how the move was anything but for the better.

EDIT: I'm sorry, BTW... I told myself I wouldn't post about the whole Amiibo affir again... but seeing that complaint ("anything big needs its own thread!") re-emerge I couldn't help myself...

Things get out of hand because all you do is bitch and whine and complain. And you can't say you're "done talking about this" ten times and just keep on threadshitting and expect anyone to believe you.

I stated my plans and people personally attacked me repeatedly. Ignoring didn't even help because others joined in.

Now you are doing the same.

I'm ready to stop and someone else begins to attack me. Stop perpetuating it and let's get this thread back on track.

MarkusRJR

My FS orders for my Majora's Mark LE, Meta Knight, Mega Man, and Sonic still are "in progress". When should I get any update? I've seen a bunch of people mention getting payment confirmations, Majora's Mask comes out tomorrow, and Sonic and Mega Man were literally being sold online an hour ago. Maybe I'm worried since Nintendo has been fucking me over consistently by undershipping...

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I stated my plans and people personally attacked me repeatedly. Ignoring didn't even help because others joined in.

Now you are doing the same.

I'm ready to stop and someone else begins to attack me. Stop perpetuating it and let's get this thread back on track.

You could always just not reply and ignore those posts, without using the ignore button.

If you're done talking about it then remove yourself from the conversation.

My FS orders for my Majora's Mark LE, Meta Knight, Mega Man, and Sonic still are "in progress". When should I get any update? I've seen a bunch of people mention getting payment confirmations, Majora's Mask comes out tomorrow, and Sonic and Mega Man were literally being sold online an hour ago. Maybe I'm worried since Nintendo has been fucking me over consistently by undershipping...

I don't think Future Shop has said when Mega Man and Sonic will ship yet.

MM LE and Meta Knight are expected to ship today.

Top Bottom