• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

iiicon

Do I need a pre-order for Monster Hunter if I want to pick it up alongside My 3DS XL at midnight from EB? The demo has me convinced I want to try one of these games.

CRA5H

I'm going to stick with the Feb 28 release of metaknight regardless of their damn twitter posts. If it comes beforehand, its a bonus. If it doesn't get here by the 28th, then...

Release the krakken.

Do I need a pre-order for Monster Hunter if I want to pick it up alongside My 3DS XL at midnight from EB? The demo has me convinced I want to try one of these games.

Make sure your EB is opening at midnight, some of them are opening at 9pm. The 9pm thing might throw a wrench into things, if Capcom doesn't give them the go ahead to sell before street date like Nintendo has.

Best to just call your EB and ask them

Renewed

Sorry if this is random, but I got charged for my Majora's Mask Limited Edition from Best Buy.

Needed the peace of mind before I set out into this horrible weather.

All I need now is the call from EB about my MonHun4 n3DSXL. PLEASE

Sorry if this is random, but I got charged for my Majora's Mask Limited Edition from Best Buy.

Needed the peace of mind before I set out into this horrible weather.

All I need now is the call from EB about my MonHun4 n3DSXL. PLEASE

Just call them. They've had them in the back since Monday.

iiicon

Make sure your EB is opening at midnight, some of them are opening at 9pm. The 9pm thing might throw a wrench into things, if Capcom doesn't give them the go ahead to sell before street date like Nintendo has.

Best to just call your EB and ask them

oh yeah, I forgot about that. I'll call them this afternoon. Thanks!

On topic: I can't decide if I should get Monster Hunter 4 or Ace Combat tomorrow, if I end up getting a new 3DS.

Or maybe just a copy of Link Between Worlds.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Y u do dis to me Amazon!? ;_;

I just talked to an Amazon rep about my N3DS order not being prepared yet (MMLE game is being prepared though) and gave me the typical shipping upgrade from free to priority. It's still estimating Monday (Family Day) to Tuesday next week. I'm not desperate for it.. but it'd be nice to have for the long weekend.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Limited Edition Bundle came back in stock at Ebgames.ca but it won't proceed. Maybe they only had 1 extra... It might come back on and off! Second time now.

Lothars

I just talked to an Amazon rep about my N3DS order not being prepared yet (MMLE game is being prepared though) and gave me the typical shipping upgrade from free to priority. It's still estimating Monday (Family Day) to Tuesday next week. I'm not desperate for it.. but it'd be nice to have for the long weekend.
I did the same thing, I really wish I could get it sooner but happy to at least get it on monday if anything.

Madouu

got MH4 shipping notice from BB
N3DS MM charged from futureshop
MM LE charged from ebgames
N3DS MH charged from ebgames

Hope I can get some of these tomorrow.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Yeah I would have rather had it on Friday, but at least it won't get me in trouble on Valentine's Day xD

I'm banking on a CAN release. How much did they charge in total with duties and shipping?
Also, how long is it expected to take to get to ya?
It cost me 22.47 in total but they haven't even given me an expected delivery date for it. :(

That isn't up on amazon.ca yet is it, because I can't find it... Gah. Might have to bite the bullet on this or wait it out. Although, I might grab a screen cover when I pop in to pick up my n3DSXL.
Nah I couldn't find it there so I had to order it through Amazon.com instead.

Sapiens

Chatted with Amazon about the 3DS - and this was the conclusion:

I have upgraded and waived the shipping charges on your order. The fastest we could get it delivered to you is by Monday, February 16, 2015 - Tuesday, February 17, 2015. I will be unable to assure that the delivery will be made by tomorrow, Sapiens

Has anyone received a shipping notice for Majora's Mask 3D LE from Best Buy yet? Even if it ships today I'm not getting it until Monday with how long it takes, it's a good thing I have my review copy to keep me warm.

Renewed

Has anyone received a shipping notice for Majora's Mask 3D LE from Best Buy yet? Even if it ships today I'm not getting it until Monday with how long it takes, it's a good thing I have my review copy to keep me warm.

I mentioned that I was charged for the MMLE earlier so I imagine it'll ship later today. If it's similar to Rosalina yesterday it should be fine (Rosalina's out for delivery) depending on where you are.

Sapiens

Do they scan serial codes for N3DS?

I don't think they do.

No, I meant, I'm just going to end up buying it from a store, like a walmart or whatever. But I won't cancel my Amazon order just in case this fucking thing gets sold out everywhere (it won't). And once I get my amazon order, I'll just ship it right back (it's free).

I mentioned that I was charged for the MMLE earlier so I imagine it'll ship later today. If it's similar to Rosalina yesterday it should be fine (Rosalina's out for delivery) depending on where you are.

Yup. Same. My Rosalina was delivered before noon today. Nothing to worry about so far.

No, I meant, I'm just going to end up buying it from a store, like a walmart or whatever. But I won't cancel my Amazon order just in case this fucking thing gets sold out everywhere (it won't). And once I get my amazon order, I'll just ship it right back (it's free).

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. I remember on some consoles stores would scan the serial code (it would have its own separate bar code) as well as the UPC. That way if you tried to return a different console it would get flagged.

I DON'T think this happens anymore though and some stores flat out never did it. When I worked at Blockbuster we would right down the serial codes manually but never really kept track of them.

joedick

My apologies if this has been covered. Is the MM New 3DS going to be available in-store? This site (might be a press release copy + paste) says it will be available at amazon, FS, BB & EB. Will other stores like Wal-Mart carry it?

My apologies if this has been covered. Is the MM New 3DS going to be available in-store? This site (might be a press release copy + paste) says it will be available at amazon, FS, BB & EB. Will other stores like Wal-Mart carry it?

It's sounding like no stores will actually have stock for walkin customers judging by what a few gaffers have found.

joedick

It's sounding like no stores will actually have stock for walkin customers judging by what a few gaffers have found.

Cool, thanks for the info! What about the Majora's Mask game limited edition? Any sense in going to a store early or is anybody without a preorder out of luck?

Zing

Banned
Do they scan serial codes for N3DS?

I don't think they do.
Walmart started scanning serial numbers on video game hardware last year. I bought an XL and tried to return it literally minutes later and the register wouldn't allow it since the serial number hadn't hit their server yet.

Palehorse

So I'm waiting on MM3DSLE from EB but I only see Confirmed on the order status. I haven't ordered anything from Eb.ca before, what's their deal? Do they deliver on time? Late? Will I see email updates when it's shipped or will it change online?

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Best Buy charged me for my Majora's Mask N3DS XL.
EBGames also charged me for my Majora's Mask N3DS XL, as well as my Majora's Mask Limited Edition.

I ended up buying one for my friend because I saw it when Best Buy randomly had more in stock, but I'm surprised both charged a day before. I wasn't expecting either to do it.

Now it's like a race to see who gets theirs first. If I get the Best Buy one first and I have to wait a weekend for the EBGames one I'm going to be so sad lol.

Walmart started scanning serial numbers on video game hardware last year. I bought an XL and tried to return it literally minutes later and the register wouldn't allow it since the serial number hadn't hit their server yet.

Wow. Well there you go.

Top Bottom