• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Takuan

I don't understand why FS is faster than BB when they're the same company. You'd figure they would ship at the exact same time, no? Unless they don't share the same warehouse?

They may have a different/better inventory system? They were around for a good while before Best Buy came in with their truckloads of cash.

Seems Sony has become a lot stingier with PS+ sales ever since the PS4 launched. Even Black Friday didn't see much action.

Yeah, I've been waiting from November when I first got my PS4 till now and nothing. Bloodborne is out next month so that's the absolute latest I will wait.

However, I'm out of games right now and could use some of the free ones on Plus. Hnng.

chrono01

*replace "SAL" with "Amazon.ca"

if28xBZUjGLNc.gif

(mat)

Agghh... Was at EB Games and they were unboxing their shipment of MM new 3DS XLs.

Hurts. I don't have a preorder. Trying to sneak one at FS tomorrow morning.

Fularu

Banned
Got me excited, checked my email to see a new message!

...Amazon.ca informing me of a "scheduled date" for my Mega Man Amiibo pre-order. :/

Where did you order from?
Best buy

I'm expecting my Sonic, megaman and both MM LE to be shipped tomorow or monday by Amazon though

chrono01

Best buy

I'm expecting my Sonic, megaman and both MM LE to be shipped tomorow or monday by Amazon though
Oh nice, congrats.

I guess those of us who pre-ordered at EBGames.ca are still waiting. Here's hoping we get a shipping email soon, especially since I paid for express.

Zing

Banned
EB didn't have in store pickup on those? I preordered the n3DS but no way I was trusting them to ship it before the weekend, so I did in store pickup. They got the systems two days ago.

Aerocia

Just got an email saying that FS can't process my order because of my credit card. Tried changing it to another card, and now the site's giving me errors.

Beautiful.

Just got an email saying that FS can't process my order because of my credit card. Tried changing it to another card, and now the site's giving me errors.

Beautiful.

That happened to me a few years back I think. Wasn't anything important (thankfully) so I ignored it. I pretty much stopped using FS right there. Glad to know their site is as terrible as ever lol.

Daigr

Beautiful.
I would call them to change card info. Had to do this before when I got a new card. Had no issues changing that way.

Oneself

Beautiful.

You have to call them,it's a common error in their system... Make sure they change every pre-orders manually ...

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member

Beautiful.
They don't know how to have a functioning ecommerce site. I'd call them, as I've dealt with the above a number of times.

See my post further up.

EB has been sending out my shipping notifications a day late despite shipping on time.
Yeah I've seen it and it's very helpful. I really hope this is the case with our EB MM orders.

Same, just replace MM with MH4 lol. I see the charge on my credit card ffs, come onnnnn.
They should upgrade their online order system, I mean you can't even cancel from the web and have to call in.

I'm obsessed with this amazon 3DS order.

So, the last game I got Day1 from amazon was Smash 3DS - which was a friday Oct 3 release. I checked my email, and the shipment notification came at 2:34 PM, on Oct 2. I remember getting the game by the time I got home at 5pm on Fri Oct 3.

So, amazon'ers, even though we should have received our ship emails by now, don't lose all hope yet, they're only a few hours late.

To keep giving people (and myself) hope: I usually don't get ship emails from amazon.ca until like...10 or 11 pm the night before release. I still get everything that I preorder the following afternoon or morning. (Toronto)

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Best Buy sent me shopping info for my friends N3DS XL. Now I'm waiting for mine from EB.

They should upgrade their online order system, I mean you can't even cancel from the web and have to call in.

I know, it's brutal. I actually had to change the credit card on it so I had to call in. Between that and my other order, I didn't actually KNOW which credit card I had used because even that piece of information isn't displayed. So I had to call in and play the CC number/order number guessing game with the CS agent. What's funnier is that you get this in the auto reply if you email their customer service:

For your convenience, we now offer customer self-service features on our website such as:

* Self-service order cancellation.

* Self-service credit card expiration updates.

* Self-service shipping service level changes.

You can also access your account and check your order status.

Only one of those things is true (at least for me).

zroid

Banned
I'll step out tomorrow to scope out whether any Shoppers nearby got the n3DS XL...

hoping to wait till Thursday so I can cop a senior's discount >_>

I know, it's brutal. I actually had to change the credit card on it so I had to call in. Between that and my other order, I didn't actually KNOW which credit card I had used because even that piece of information isn't displayed. So I had to call in and play the CC number/order number guessing game with the CS agent. What's funnier is that you get this in the auto reply if you email their customer service:

Only one of those things is true (at least for me).
Omg, that is hilarious.

Aerocia

They don't know how to have a functioning ecommerce site. I'd call them, as I've dealt with the above a number of times.

I just did, and she said I'd be getting an email soon. Although, why bother giving you the option to change your payment information online when it doesn't follow through?

I just went through my own slice of hell with an online EB order. Basically I had my Skull Kid Majora all good to go, but I had paid with a gift card, and apparently at the time of checkout there wasn't enough money on the gift card, so there was an error. I'll skip over the fact that the way their order page works, it looks 100% like they take off the gift card funds at the time of ordering, not shipping, and admit that it was my fault for spending the money. So when I called them I was informed that I couldn't just fall back to my credit card on file for the remainder, or even swtich to my CC for the whole payment, the only solution would be for me to go to a store, buy a gift card for the remaining balance, then call them and have them merge the funds of the new card onto the existing one. That this was the easiest solution boggled my mind. They literally have no way to add a second form of payment onto an order! Simply can't do it!

Anywho, I did it, so hopefully it's all sorted out now. But the point is, as archaic and awful as EB's online ordering is, their customer service continues to blow me away. Literally every time I've had to call them I've been impressed with how friendly and useful the person has been. It's really great to see. Granted, most of these calls would have been avoided if they just got with the times in terms of their ordering system, but that's neither here nor there.

I ordered the Limited Edition in store back in January, and they haven't called me yet to let me know that my pre-order is available for pick-up. Should I be worried?

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I just did, and she said I'd be getting an email soon. Although, why bother giving you the option to change your payment information online when it doesn't follow through?
Reasons why these places will be gone in the next five years. They can't even figure the basics out.

Someone in my city just put up a New Nintendo 3DS XL Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask and the Limited Edition of the game with the figurine for 600$ on Kijiji. I can't believe that could sell...

I couldn't even access the order status for a BB order I made via guest checkout. Sent a few emails and they didn't even reply. Their site is so bad.

Maximus.

Best Buy and Futureshop are slow to provide shipping emails and shit. Many times I have not heard a peep from them, only to find that the package has arrived on time.

Amazon never ships on time, nor do I expect them too. Only order there when I know its the only option or for the price.

Past

Someone in my city just put up a New Nintendo 3DS XL Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask and the Limited Edition of the game with the figurine for 600$ on Kijiji. I can't believe that could sell...

Both of them bundle together? That is actually cheap compared to eBay. MM LE is going for $200~ CAD and MM3DSXL $500-580~ CAD on eBay.

CKB3375

It seems like sales on current gen games have been non existent since Boxing Day and the flyers every week have nothing but new release games. I'm eager to buy Shadow of Mordor or GTAV but I'm sure they're due for a price drop soon.......right?

Sora_N

It seems like sales on current gen games have been non existent since Boxing Day and the flyers every week have nothing but new release games. I'm eager to buy Shadow of Mordor or GTAV but I'm sure they're due for a price drop soon.......right?

Yeah I'm waiting for both of those games to drop too lol.

Aww, EB Games trying to sell me their
more expensive
propriety New 3DS charger. How nice of them lol.

ToI7Xtb.png

Haha

When I got mine for review, I went out and bought one at Walmart. It was just the regular one, mislabelled as a DSi charger (Future Shop calls them 3DS chargers and asks $19.99, I think). It was only $15.

Then, I saw one at Target the other day for $12.99 before discount and cursed myself.

I would never buy a third-party charger for an expensive device. Wouldn't trust it.

Sealtest

Just called EBGames apparently my order has been shipped they just never emailed me.

He was also kind enough to tell me my tracking number.

Top Bottom