• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Renewed

Just picked up my gold 3DS from EB and had a
Shulk
waiting for me.

Congrats! Glad to see things like this going well for people. Gives me hope that Nintendo can turn around these stock probl--LOL

omggg I got ittttttt fuck yessss

mine feels like shit tho. fucking gloss

Well that's the price we pay. Gotta flaunt it though.

I can't freaking sleep, I'm too excited

Harusame

I don't know if want to keep my Link Between Worlds 3DS or trade it. I'll take a side to side comparison to which shades of gold looks better.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Unless you're dying for the money straight off the N3DS right away I'd keep it. Even if you don't want it for collector purposes, it'll probably be worth more to sell later than the $100 EBgames will give you.

vulva

okay shipping gaf, help me out here. Looks like my LE for MM was shipped from EB, but I was hoping they were using Canada Post since I know they hold the package for 15 days.

Confirmation it's Purolator, which might be a problem. I'm out of the country til the 22nd. Earliest I can do a pickup is on the 23rd. Any advice on what I can do?

okay shipping gaf, help me out here. Looks like my LE for MM was shipped from EB, but I was hoping they were using Canada Post since I know they hold the package for 15 days.

Confirmation it's Purolator, which might be a problem. I'm out of the country til the 22nd. Earliest I can do a pickup is on the 23rd. Any advice on what I can do?

Call Purolator and ask them nicely to hold it until then.

Zing

Banned
I can't freaking sleep, I'm too excited
Treat it like Christmas Eve, the faster you sleep, the faster morning comes.

I just hope Nintendo's servers are ok for all the system transfers tomorrow. I'll be doing mine at 10:30am after I get home from EB.

Wow, my copy of MM LE shipped from EB Games, even though I didn't believe the stock the other day was real. But my copy from Amazon hasn't shipped. I guess it is a race between Amazon + Canada Post, and Purolator.

Qwyjibo

Wow, my copy of MM LE shipped from EB Games, even though I didn't believe the stock the other day was real. But my copy from Amazon hasn't shipped. I guess it is a race between Amazon + Canada Post, and Purolator.
Ugh. I hope I don't regret passing on putting in an order then and sticking with my original Amazon order (with no shipping date yet). Amazon hasn't failed me yet with limited stock, pricing errors, etc.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I didn't realize you can get a Majora's Mask pin if you pre order MM and STEAM. Hopefully they've still got some at the STC EB.

Someone at FS forgot to process my preorder!
CQ5aDbm.jpg

I would say strategic more than desperate, but it's certainly a move to make steam more enticing to some hardcore fans

Cross-promotion like what they did with FE and SMT4 was cool, but this isn't, especially with the way Nintendo's handling limited physical items...

Ugh. I hope I don't regret passing on putting in an order then and sticking with my original Amazon order (with no shipping date yet). Amazon hasn't failed me yet with limited stock, pricing errors, etc.
I have a feeling those of us who dont have a shipment date from amazon are screwed....

Jeez. Amazon still hasn't shipped my new 3ds. This is bad for them.

Screw it, heading to futureshop for 10:00 to pick one up myself.

They are available to reserve on Future Shop right now.

I suggest you try to reserve one.

There is no telling how much stock they actually got - Nintendo.

They are available to reserve on Future Shop right now.

I suggest you try to reserve one.

There is no telling how much stock they actually got - Nintendo.

I actually reserved one late last night in case of this situation.

Still worried an employee won't get to it in time between opening and it selling out. Going to get there before opening to be sure.

I really hate that Nintendo releases stuff on Fridays. If I knew it shipping late just meant waiting an extra day I'd wait, bit I don't want to wait all weekend. :/

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I just keep staring at my tracking information from Purolator.

It says shipped from Brampton but says it was a a sorting centre in Toronto, but I live in Mississauga.

It's going around the GTA before it wants to show up at my place :(

vulva

Missed a connecting flight due to a delay, spent the night in Montreal and now my make up flight is delayed. I wish I was at home playing majora

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
My shipment from EB now says out for delivery, that's pretty fast! Hope I get it before lunch.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Shipping Now for both my N3DS and MM LE from Amazon. Not expecting them today, but it'd be lovely. I have Monster Hunter to tide me over until then.

suikodan

I went to a Walmart this morning.

Lots of MMs and N3DSes but no LE for either.

Got a call yesterday saying that EBGames would open this morning at 8AM and I could pick up my MM N3DS but I only took the voice mail at work, noooooooooooooo.

And Amazon still needs more time to process my order. They are so amazing... :p

Shadous

Neo Member
I've been having some issues with payment authorization from BB for the MM3DS. Does anyone know how long the pre-order will be held while I get this sorted out?

Renewed

Amazon provided a shipping estimate for my Majora's Mask Collector's Edition Guide.

February 20th by 8:00pm.

That's fine I guess. I'm not even gonna play MM immediately anyways. Also morning CanadaGAF. Woke up with a sore throat and my window is frozen shut. Be careful out there.

Got my Majora's Mask Skull Kid Edition dropped off just now, it boggles my mind how ebgames can get basically every video game order to you on release date and with Amazon your lucky to get it 2 days after when you have prime.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Got my Majora's Mask Skull Kid Edition dropped off just now, it boggles my mind how ebgames can get basically every video game order to you on release date and with Amazon your lucky to get it 2 days after when you have prime.
For all the shit I hear about them and their website, their shipping is amazing. Not once have they not delivered a game to me on release day, and with free shipping to boot.

Sealtest

so Canada Post never put my 3ds into processing... it's still only at the electronic infomation submitted. Thanks Canada Post.

For all the shit I hear about them and their website, their shipping is amazing. Not once have they not delivered a game to me on release day, and with free shipping to boot.

to be honest usually they arrive a day or two early, and my store in town is awesome too. If it wasent for sweet e3 deals I would solely buy games from them

Top Bottom