• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

I'm hoping the 2 times I talked to people at my EB and they said the transfer had to been done in store when trading in, that they were incorrect and I can take it home and do it.

I'm hoping the 2 times I talked to people at my EB and they said the transfer had to been done in store when trading in, that they were incorrect and I can take it home and do it.

I think a lot of people need to be checking with their stores before they assume they can take it home to do the transfer. The website doesn't mention taking it home, it just says EB will allow you to do the transfer.

I'm sure managers from store to store will interpret that in their own way.

Takuan

Still waiting on my MM LE. It should be soon.

Tomorrow is going to be like a Mini Christmas.

Me too. I'm kind of curious if they'll ship in a soft mailer or a proper cardboard box. Seems like everyone just uses padded envelopes nowadays.

I think a lot of people need to be checking with their stores before they assume they can take it home to do the transfer. The website doesn't mention taking it home, it just says EB will allow you to do the transfer.

I'm sure managers from store to store will interpret that in their own way.
Yeah, it definitely seems to be YMMV. I've seen anywhere from 24-48 hours, and even stores requiring that you do it at the location. Seems like something that should be enforced across the board, imo; what's the harm in making it 48 hours? Are they worried they'll get too many?

Shitty deals this coming week, it seems. But, at least Trade 2, Get $70 is back.

I just wish I had a game to pair with NHL 15 that wasn't Mario Kart 8, Dragon Age or Mordor.

Me too. I'm kind of curious if they'll ship in a soft mailer or a proper cardboard box. Seems like everyone just uses padded envelopes nowadays.

I can't see that MM LE being shpped in a soft mailer. It needs to be in a box.

Shitty deals this coming week, it seems. But, at least Trade 2, Get $70 is back.

I just wish I had a game to pair with NHL 15 that wasn't Mario Kart 8, Dragon Age or Mordor.

I'm in the same boat. I would even be willing to trade Bayo 2 at this point since I'm done with it.

Harusame

Just got a call from my ebgames that I will be able to pick up Majora's Mask and my MM 3DSXL at 9PM. However Capcom is not allowing them to release my MH4U collector's edition at the same time and are only allowed to release it at midnight.

I think I'll just pick them up tomorrow after work.

Just got a call from my ebgames that I will be able to pick up Majora's Mask and my MM 3DSXL at 9PM. However Capcom is not allowing them to release my MH4U collector's edition at the same time and are only allowed to release it at midnight.

9pm!?

What's this madness?

I would actually consider going down tonight if Yonge and Eglinton does the same.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Me, currently waiting for my Amazon orders to ship:

N6DxORO.gif

That'll teach me to go with Amazon for video games. I really only put the orders in with them because they went up before any of the other sites.

I'm in the same boat. I would even be willing to trade Bayo 2 at this point since I'm done with it.

I'm tempted to trade Mordor or Mario Kart, to be honest. I haven't finished Dragon Age, and still have a lot to do in it, plus it'll have DLC.

I used to keep all games, but I like to buy stuff then trade it in later if there's a good deal or sell it on Kijiji so that I get money back to put towards something else. There are so many games that I don't get around to touching my collection much.

Hell, I got rid of half of my collection with trade more, get more, and walked away with a free console. I only regret trading in a few classics I hope to pick up for cheap or get free in the future. (Arkham Asylum and Mario Galaxy, mainly) Those and Alpha Protocol, which I bought for $10 but never got around to playing.

Mordor is great and one I'd kind of like to keep. Plus, it has DLC that may end up being big/great still to release so I don't want to trade it in. And Mario Kart is Mario Kart. Problem is I always game alone and never really feel like pulling it out and kart racing, no matter how good it is.

The Wii U just doesn't have a lot of appeal.

Conceptor

I'm sure you can get around $140.

I have a Pikachu 3DS XL I'm considering selling, going to ask $300 for it.
What would be a fair price for an unopened M&L Dream Team XL? I just never got time to open and play it.

Skimmed the last few pages but didn't see anything mentioned about this weekend's SDM points redemption. 40 000 for $100 (I think) and 80 000 for $200.

CRA5H

9pm!?

What's this madness?

I would actually consider going down tonight if Yonge and Eglinton does the same.
I'm assuming he's on the west coast. They want to do the launch at the same time nationwide. Our midnight launch in GTA will run at the same time as west coast's 9pm launch.

What would be a fair price for an unopened M&L Dream Team XL? I just never got time to open and play it.

Skimmed the last few pages but didn't see anything mentioned about this weekend's SDM points redemption. 40 000 for $100 (I think) and 80 000 for $200.

Why would anyone pay $300 for a 3DS XL when the things retail for $200 and N3DS is $230? It's absurd.

Hopefully you get it, but...

iiicon

Ah, that sucks. Maybe I'll get MH on the eShop to test out the new download speeds

Past

Why would anyone pay $300 for a 3DS XL when the things retail for $200 and N3DS is $230? It's absurd.

Hopefully you get it, but...

The Pikachu 3DS XL is really rare and in high demand, the M&L Dream Team 3DSXL though? Not so much. Heck I think it is still in stock somewhere.

So I just chatted with an Amazon rep, and he said that if you don't have an estimated delivery date, it means Amazon don't have your item yet. I wonder if it'll be cancelled :(

De_Legend

Banned
DEAL

For anyone who missed it the last time, The Legend Of Zelda Majora's Mask 3d Collector's Edition Officlal Prima game guide (hardcover) is going for $25: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/the-legend-of-zelda-majoras/9781101898437-item.html?ikwid=The+Legend+Of+Zelda+Majora%27s+Mask+3d+Collector%27s+Edition&ikwsec=Home&ikwidx=0

I think EB still has it for $40.99. It was going for $100 on Amazon the last time I checked.

Wow, good thing I picked it up on Amazon when it showed up for 25$

Walmart started scanning serial numbers on video game hardware last year. I bought an XL and tried to return it literally minutes later and the register wouldn't allow it since the serial number hadn't hit their server yet.

I can confirm this. When I bought my PS4 a week before BF I went back to walmart to get a price match for the gift certificate. They wouldn't do it solely with the receipt. I had to bring the system back in so they could scan it.

Ryne

FutureShop and BestBuy charged me for the Majora's Mask 3d w/ Skull Kid. Amazon has done nothing, so I assume that will be cancelled.

So I guess EB Games & Amazon are the ones that haven't start shipping yet?

Just an FYI for you guys and girls waiting on EB Games. For my amiibo stuff they haven't been sending out notices or updating their site until THE DAY AFTER THEY SHIP!!

For my Mega Man and Sonic amiibos this week I received a shipping notice and the tracking information already showed the product as being out for delivery.

Same thing happened with my Bowser and Toon Link amiibos a couple of weeks earlier.

Palehorse

Yeah from what I can see. Neither of my orders from either site have gotten shipping notices yet.

Just an FYI for you guys and girls waiting on EB Games. For my amiibo stuff they haven't been sending out notices or updating their site until THE DAY AFTER THEY SHIP!!

For my Mega Man and Sonic amiibos this week I received a shipping notice and the tracking information already showed the product as being out for delivery.

Same thing happened with my Bowser and Toon Link amiibos a couple of weeks earlier.

Oh this would make my weekend if it happens for this one.

Past

Well I've been charged this morning so hopefully that means they already shipped it or are preparing to today.

The Pikachu 3DS XL is really rare and in high demand, the M&L Dream Team 3DSXL though? Not so much. Heck I think it is still in stock somewhere.

Fair enough, I guess. It's just old tech and feels like a waste of good money.

I've seen the Dream Team one a lot, at places like Shoppers. Almost bought it once, but I'm glad I didn't.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member

That would make sense. I was charged pretty early in the morning, I checked at 5:30am (when I get up for work) and it was there on my statement.

Takuan

I'm surprised how much people are asking for their 3DS XLs on Kijiji. I put an ad up today asking lower, but no one seems to have bit so far; if I can't get at least $120, I might as well just trade it into EBGames.

DEAL

For anyone who missed it the last time, The Legend Of Zelda Majora's Mask 3d Collector's Edition Officlal Prima game guide (hardcover) is going for $25: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/the-legend-of-zelda-majoras/9781101898437-item.html?ikwid=The+Legend+Of+Zelda+Majora%27s+Mask+3d+Collector%27s+Edition&ikwsec=Home&ikwidx=0

I think EB still has it for $40.99. It was going for $100 on Amazon the last time I checked.
Good lookin' out. Are these super-limited or something? My FS order shipped, too; excite!

Sapiens

I'm obsessed with this amazon 3DS order.

So, the last game I got Day1 from amazon was Smash 3DS - which was a friday Oct 3 release. I checked my email, and the shipment notification came at 2:34 PM, on Oct 2. I remember getting the game by the time I got home at 5pm on Fri Oct 3.

So, amazon'ers, even though we should have received our ship emails by now, don't lose all hope yet, they're only a few hours late.

I know for a fact, EB games charged my card for the LE MM, so at least there is that.

Past

I don't understand why FS is faster than BB when they're the same company. You'd figure they would ship at the exact same time, no? Unless they don't share the same warehouse?

Top Bottom