• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

MINOR DEAL

if anyone has been waiting to unlock their rogers/fido iphones, prices seem to have dropped substantially from 3rd parties, as low as ~10 bucks now.

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from....TRS0&_nkw=rogers+iphone+unlock+imei&_sacat=0

just a couple years ago you'd have to pay like 130.

Maybe has something to do with the states now requiring companies to unlock peoples phones once their contract is up if they want.

At least I think that's a thing now required in the states.

Maybe has something to do with the states now requiring companies to unlock peoples phones once their contract is up if they want.

At least I think that's a thing now required in the states.

Don't major providers in Canada provide unlock services for $50 after three months of purchasing?

Anyone know if the copy of Majora in the Skull Kid limited edition will be a standard retail copy with a barcode? I won't get mine till next week, was thinking of grabbing a regular one tonight so i can do the ol' return trick when my LE arrives.

Returners

Anyone know if the copy of Majora in the Skull Kid limited edition will be a standard retail copy with a barcode? I won't get mine till next week, was thinking of grabbing a regular one tonight so i can do the ol' return trick when my LE arrives.

Find unboxings on youtube.

Some games have NOT FOR RESALE marked on the inside.

Zing

Banned
The fact the Majora 3ds doesn't actually come with the game still makes me giggle for how stupid it is.
I guess they didn't want to push the price point up to a laughable $280.

Actually, wasn't the original 3DS retailing for $269 when it was first released in Canada?

Ondore

I guess they didn't want to push the price point up to a laughable $280.

Actually, wasn't the original 3DS retailing for $269 when it was first released in Canada?

If they included MM3DS with the system it would've been $259 - it's what the MH4U unit goes for.

ohlawd

k wtf so I called EB

I'm in BC so I should be doing the whole midnight thing and not 9 PM. They told me I can go pick up my MH 3DS at 9 but they aren't allowed to sell me the MH CE until midnight. Fine with me as I don't plan to open the CE anyway. I can pick that up tomorrow.

so that's that. I'll head out in two hours and see what's up. Hopefully everything works out.

CRA5H

k wtf so I called EB

I'm in BC so I should be doing the whole midnight thing and not 9 PM. They told me I can go pick up my MH 3DS at 9 but they aren't allowed to sell me the MH CE until midnight. Fine with me as I don't plan to open the CE anyway. I can pick that up tomorrow.

so that's that. I'll head out in two hours and see what's up. Hopefully everything works out.
its capcom that is forcing the 12am thing, not EB.

ohlawd

man, I'll take any explanation :p All that matters to me now is I can get my hands on the system today@!@!@

based Capcom for not forcing the system to be a part of the 12 AM launch? based Capcom.

Harusame

k wtf so I called EB

Yup, that is why I received a call from my ebgames that I can get my MM3ds at 9PM, but can only get MM4U at midnight. Capcom is not allowing them to release it at the same time.

Renewed

I'm dying. I can't wait two hours and 17 minutes.

But even then I want to be on the West coast. Midnight launch? Screw that. Did that once and never looked back.

I just hope when I pop in tomorrow I can grab some other things without going blank and forgetting.

Palehorse

Just got my shipping notice from EB...tracking shows it in the sorting center for Purolator, in Toronto. Toronto. I'm in Victoria.

My Christmas day now gets the added joy of watching Santa's sleigh cross the country.

Shipping GAF lives!

I just checked my MM LE in-store pre-order online. Is it supposed to say in the transaction a quantity of 0 if I haven't picked it up yet? They never called me to say it would be in stock tonight or tomorrow, so I am hoping this doesn't mean it was cancelled.

Sora_N

My friend's copy of MM shipped, helped him order. (BB)

I have no interest in a copy for myself so I canceled my EB one last week lol. Good thing too, Purolator is annoying anyways.

Capcom are right dicks most of the time. They actually refused to send us a review copy of MH4 even though Nintendo sent us our codes for MM3D and the MH4 demo like a month ago. Nintendo said that we'd have to go straight through Capcom to get the full game and they were all like "Nah".

CRA5H

it would make sense if they had no confidence in the game but its reviewing very well across the board. damn capcom.. haha

Sealtest

oh sweet canada post still not updated on my 3ds, Guaranteed to be delivered monday now.

How have they dropped the ball so much since christmas.

Zing

Banned
Hmm, I have four games on the EB $100 trade in list. I wonder if I can scrounge up a fifth.

Fantasy Life
Rayman Legends
Pokemon Y
Mario Kart 7

Edit: boom... Mario Tennis Open (bought two copies on clearance so my daughter could play with me and she never did)

Top Bottom