• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Anth0ny

So uh... Purolator guy just came.
img_61571zmz69.jpg

Then I came.

Based EB Games got me both of them DAY ONE with free shipping! Holy shit, did not expect that. And I ordered that MM LE two days ago when they randomly became available again.

I'M SO HAPPY.

No. >(

I haven't been able to enjoy a Pokémon game since the original Gold and Silver due to how little the core experience changes. I mean, I don't hate it, but I'm certainly in no rush to get back into it. Especially with March being so packed.

i'm in the exact same boat lol. Red consumed my life like no other, and ever since, with every release, i've been chasing that high. i'm not sure why the game lost all its addictive quality to me, but it did.

So uh... Purolator guy just came.

Then I came.

Based EB Games got me both of them DAY ONE with free shipping! Holy shit, did not expect that. And I ordered that MM LE two days ago when they randomly became available again.

I'M SO HAPPY.

holy shit where did you get that legit skull kid statue? i want it

edit sorry for the two posts

Didn't think I'd have to pre order a new 3DS. Waited in line this morning at EB, maybe 4 or 5 people in front of me. Store opens, they tell me they have no 3DS for walk ins. Not one. I don't get it. So they just don't get any at all outside of pre orders? Cool system. I love retail so much.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I have that too, and an exclusive Midna & Wolf link, and a regular Link on Epona. But IMO the MSRP is too high for what it is, other figures have much better detail for a much lower price, nintendo tax I guess.

I was happy with MSRP when it came out, just over $100 for me. It was definitely a splurge purchase for me back then. I'd never think about it for what it goes for now, but I really love it. I know a lot of people in the figures thread shit on F4F for being overpriced.

My MonHun and my MMLE have been sitting at the local sort facility since 6 am this morning. Canada Post in my area have been known to deliver past 8 pm but this is still cutting it close for me. :(

Currently at Costco, and there is a sandisk 64gb microsd xc class 10 going for $41. Should I bite since I need it for my 3ds?

If there is a better deal on a 32gb I would get that.

I have Mario Kart, SM3DL, Animal Crossing, Smash Bros, Paper Mario, SMTIV, Pokemon X and a bunch of other games on there and it takes up a total of 8gb on my 32gb card.

My Majora's Mask LE was all dented and ripped that I got from EB Games Canada this morning. Their entire shipment was like that.

District Manager said there was nothing they could do.

Fucking bullshit. I even bought an extra copy of MM so I could keep the LE sealed.

He even admitted that staff have been taking items for themselves and such and they had to put new policies in place in the past 12-15 days due to staff taking Nintendo products and pre-orders for themselves. But he refused to tell me what those policies were.

Call your EB Games area District Managers and find out what these new policies are and why they had to be implemented! We have been getting screwed by staff and corporate knows it!

I picked up one of the only two copies my EB got... both were not in ideal shape. I'm trading amiibos for one for my little cousin, so I hope it's in good shape. I'll give him mine because he's opening it anyway.

You could try and find a nice employee that may let you swap one that hadn't been picked up with your receipt explaining the situation. Longshot but it might work.

Takuan

My MM n3DS hasn't progressed past "Electronic information submitted by shipper."

Doesn't look like I'm getting anything today, brehs.

ohlawd

Currently at Costco, and there is a sandisk 64gb microsd xc class 10 going for $41. Should I bite since I need it for my 3ds?

do it

Me, I had to upgrade. My 32 gig cards (SD and micro) weren't enough. I had 26k blocks before MH. 6k after downloading. this is after I've tried to delete all my demos. I've bought a lot of retail games for download on my 3DS >_>

edit: 32? that's fine too. most people don't even need 16 for their 3DS since the account thing and stuff steers them away

Fucking Canada Post. It says delivered and I obviously didn't receive the package. It says do not safe drop. I live in a shared student house.

How boned am I?

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Mine says delivered as well and i have not received it yet (my n3dsxl). Canada Post is notorious for updating the site prior to actual delivery, you should receive it very soon. I wouldn't worry too much.

I have had this happen too. I hope your product is on the way dude!

N° 2048

Mine says delivered as well and i have not received it yet (my n3dsxl). Canada Post is notorious for updating the site prior to actual delivery, you should receive it very soon. I wouldn't worry too much.

I've had it say it was delivered to another city and got it later that day lol

Palehorse

My Amazon order has been at Preparing for Shipment for hours now. I wish there was a way to thank the warehouse guy for the kid-glove treatment he's giving my 3DS as he slowly, carefully lays it in the box and cradles it in packaging bubbles, humming to himself with a small smile.

That's going above and beyond and I think Amazon needs more recognition.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
My Amazon order has been at Preparing for Shipment for hours now. I wish there was a way to thank the warehouse guy for the kid-glove treatment he's giving my 3DS as he slowly, carefully lays it in the box and cradles it in packaging bubbles, humming to himself with a small smile.

This post has me in tears laughing.

suikodan

Consider yourself lucky because they need a little more time to provide me with a good estimate of when they'll ship to me.

At least they changed the stock picture.

Sora_N

My package has been out for delivery since 8AM, it's 1PM now. I just know once I leave the house the mailman will come and then I have to go to the damn post office in 2 days.

Dammit Canada Post.

Maddog

My package has been out for delivery since 8AM, it's 1PM now. I just know once I leave the house the mailman will come and then I have to go to the damn post office in 2 days.

Dammit Canada Post.

Leave a note with a signature on it telling them to leave it and where. I do this all the time.

ovii

How are you guys getting MM LE so quick? Mine is scheduled to arrive this Wednesday.. You guys must be in Toronto.

I got my in-store order of MM3D LE. It was the last one (I was also the last pre-order, so it may have been employees that took the others). The box is ripped a little right near the both sides of the highest side spikes. My copy from EB Games' website has been out for delivery since 8 a.m., and I hope it is okay. If my copy from Amazon is the same way, at least they will give a partial refund.

I just realized something, my MH4 3DS XL wasn't actually sealed when I got it. Is anyone else's n3DS XL not actually sealed or... Did someone at EB open mine before I got it?

Dumb question: I pre-ordered a New 3DS XL. If I walk into my EB Games today, it should be available, right? They usually call but haven't.

Also, I'm so upset about not getting a Skull Kid pre-order when they happened. I have a Wind Waker Limited Edition with Ganon. Would have been perfect.

I just realized something, my MH4 3DS XL wasn't actually sealed when I got it. Is anyone else's n3DS XL not actually sealed or... Did someone at EB open mine before I got it?

Yeah. The boxes are not actually sealed. I saw this on a stream and it was the same for my N3DSXL.

Dumb question: I pre-ordered a New 3DS XL. If I walk into my EB Games today, it should be available, right? They usually call but haven't.

Also, I'm so upset about not getting a Skull Kid pre-order when they happened. I have a Wind Waker Limited Edition with Ganon. Would have been perfect.

They didn't call me, I just went in and got it.

Yeah. The boxes are not actually sealed. I saw this on a stream and it was the same for my N3DSXL.

That's actually good to hear, haha

Top Bottom