• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Jblanks

Does anyone think now that the NN3DS is out that the older versions will decreace in price ? If so how soon, and how much?

I sold my 3ds a couple years back, but would like to get back into hand held gaming sometime.

Jinto

Amazon just sent my shipping notice for the MM3D game guide. Unfortunately, still no date for the LE. At least I can read the guide and look at pictures to see what I'm missing out on.

isny

napkin dispenser
Amazon just sent my shipping notice for the MM3D game guide. Unfortunately, still no date for the LE. At least I can read the guide and look at pictures to see what I'm missing out on.

I have a bad feeling Amazon just isn't going to get any stock for the MM LE's.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Damnit, I wasn't going to get an SD card, but I guess I have no choice. I had no idea MH4 was like 20k blocks or whatever that works out to in grown up numbers.

Canon

Banned
When you exchange something at FutureShop, does the return period renew? For instance I bought something on Feb 1 but it was broke so I had to return it and order a new one through the store and wait for it to be shipped to store. That was on Feb 9. The replacement is broke too so do I have another 14 days to return it? (monitor)

Purolator is the fucking worst. I'm at the depot and they said I cant pick it up until 9pm, but they're xlosed at 8:30... and they said the driver can't just hand it to me. It would've been fucking easier to send this to my office and deal with it there. Who the fuck is ever at home at 1pm?

Jinto

I have a bad feeling Amazon just isn't going to get any stock for the MM LE's.

I'm still holding out hope. I didn't have a delivery estimate on the guide until right before it shipped. I'm hoping it's the same with the Skull Kid LE. Man, please let that be the case.

Sapiens

Just as I was about to cancel my n3ds order from amazon, they fucking ship it!

Any way, whatever. I'll make them refund me before I even get it. Is there a good chance of going to a walmart and getting a standard black n3ds via walking?

I wonder what the hell happened between amazon and nintendo. Usually, the service is same day as release? Are we going to get the same trouble with amazon vs nintendo that the US site does?

zroid

Banned
No luck finding a n3DS at Shoppers today, although I only checked two stores. It wasn't advertised in the flier so maybe they didn't get any, seems the hardware is available in pretty limited quantities at the moment.

I really want a n3DS but I'm also pretty determined to spend my points on one, so I'll wait if I have to. These ~130k points aren't going to spend themselves.

Sora_N

No luck finding a n3DS at Shoppers today, although I only checked two stores. It wasn't advertised in the flier so maybe they didn't get any, seems the hardware is available in pretty limited quantities at the moment.

I really want a n3DS but I'm also pretty determined to spend my points on one, so I'll wait if I have to. These ~130k points aren't going to spend themselves.

Bonus redemption on cosmetics this weekend. :p

DVCY201

EB has failed me. I went to pick-up the console in-store, and they told me they can't fulfill it. To make matters worse, because they're in a temporary location, they apparently can't receive online orders which means they have no record of mine and hence, no allotment for me.

Now I have to call the DM and fight for it I guess, but wow, way to fuck up EB.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
EB has failed me. I went to pick-up the console in-store, and they told me they can't fulfill it. To make matters worse, because they're in a temporary location, they apparently can't receive online orders which means they have no record of mine and hence, no allotment for me.

That sucks to hear dude :(

what location?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Lemme rephrase that, I wouldn't call it a good flash sale for me because I couldn't care less about the games on sale. I guess it's cool seeing such a relatively new game drop in price so quickly, but I'm far from a Guilty Gear fan so that's meaningless to me.

EB needs to shape up and open up another location in downtown Vancouver. Future Shop being the only place to go since the one in Park Royal closed is bullshit. I know theres the one on Cambie, but surely theres enough of a population of rich consumers downtown to justify it.

the3ye

EB needs to shape up and open up another location in downtown Vancouver. Future Shop being the only place to go since the one in Park Royal closed is bullshit. I know theres the one on Cambie, but surely theres enough of a population of rich consumers downtown to justify it.

They closed the one in Pacific Centre? Didn't even notice.

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on January 06, 2015 (Order# XXXXXXXXXXXX). We've listed the item(s) listed below with the expected delivery date(s):
"The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D with Skull Kid Figurine - Limited Bundle Edition"
Estimated arrival date: March 06, 2015 - March 11, 2015
!!!!

ultracal31

waitwhat.gif

Banned
Looks like I won't be able to transfer my digital purchases tonight. Only way to do it when your missing a 3DS is to call and I can't even wait on the line for an agent I have to pick on option and the option tells me to go online and create a ticket. Then when I do that the name, last name, and detail section is ghosted out lol. Wtf Nintendo.

Downtown rent is pretty high. Even the Cambie one doesn't get a lot of foot traffic. EB does better in malls but the Pacific Centre crowd is older folk or international students, not teenagers and families.

RaidenXZ

I ordered on the day it was announced btw
I'm not terribly mad really. I'm probably going to get it eventually anyway. Plus I played MM multiple times anyway so I'm not missing much really lol
Just sucks because this week is my reading week :/

Jinto

Yeah, my estimated delivery for the MM LE is March 11th as well. Not sure if they're being sent more or what. It's better than no date, I suppose.

I should probably just go buy the regular game. I have a $20 off coupon for SDM, but I need to spend $75. Not sure what else I want.

ultracal31

When it came back up later in the evening on the first day it was up.

The whole situation is odd. I ordered the same day as you but in the afternoon and somehow the package is coming in from Ontario when I'm west coast so I'll get it next week.

I'm guessing the morning orders for west coast was completely sold out of the warehouse?

Top Bottom