• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

I just had a hilarious experience at the Downtown Toronto futureshop.

I got there about 20 minutes before opening to get a New 3DS. By the time the store opened there was 15-18 people. About 10 in front of me and 5-7 behind me.

So we get in line and the first guy asks if they have any Gold Majora's Mask 3DS units. The guy says "Sorry, just Red and Black."

EVERYONE in front of me immediately turns around and walks out, and everyone behind me except for one other guy leaves too. So I was first in line and happily got a red unit.

I can just picture all of those people being on a wild goose chase all day. Good luck I guess but I doubt anyone is going to find any off the shelf units.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

I got there about 20 minutes for opening to get a New 3DS. By the time the store opened there was 15-18 people. About 10 in front of me and 5-7 behind me.

So we get in line and the first guy asks if they have any Gold Majora's Mask 3DS units. The guy says "Sorry, just Red and Black."

EVERYONE in front of me immediately turns around and walks out, and everyone behind me but one other guy leaves too. So I was first in line and happily got a red unit.

I can just picture all of those people being on a wild goose chase all day. Good luck I guess but I doubt anyone is going to find any off the shelf units.
Haha. I mean there are already scalpers abound, but this should have been something you preordered anyway...

I got there about 20 minutes for opening to get a New 3DS. By the time the store opened there was 15-18 people. About 10 in front of me and 5-7 behind me.

EVERYONE in front of me immediately turns around and walks out, and everyone behind me but one other guy leaves too. So I was first in line and happily got a red unit.

That's hilarious.

My Majora's Mask New 3DS from Amazon is listed as "shipping now" so it looks like I'll be getting it Monday. Not bad, I really should be studying for my midterm anyway. Now I'm just wondering why my Best Buy copy of the game is still listed as "in progress"...

UberTag

Today is all about self-control.
If you don't need an Xbox One or a shiny new 3DS that plays the exact same games as your old one, don't buy them.

(
I would so buy a non-XL new 3DS today if one was available.
)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Was anyone else at the Bathurst & Bloor EBgames this morning? We were about 6th in line at 10:10am, and as we neared the front, the power went out. Already running late, so we had to leave. Going back this evening for the N3DS.

I don't want an Xbox one, I don't want an Xbox one

obi-wan.jpg

This is not the console you are looking for.

Luigi87

do you know how it works out? going by the avg hours listed on the paycheck or from before xmas?

not that im complaining :)

It is based on your average hours worked for six weeks prior to December 27th, I believe. Your HR department should be able to tell you yours (IE: mine was 36).

Yay, in store pickup of my MH4 3DS worked out great. Worried it wouldn't because they didn't call me the day before or anything. System transferring now! (Also probably the coolest load screen of all time for the transfer as all the Pikmin "pickup" your files to bring to the new 3DS)

Sapiens

Can't believe I have to drive my ass to a fucking physical store to get a n3DS - Amazon order hasn't even shipped yet. This is the first time amazon has disappointed with shipping.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Yay, in store pickup of my MH4 3DS worked out great. Worried it wouldn't because they didn't call me the day before or anything. System transferring now! (Also probably the coolest load screen of all time for the transfer as all the Pikmin "pickup" your files to bring to the new 3DS)
I like the Wii to Wii U one better. Rocket ship!

Say what you want about EbGames, I have MM Skull kid in hands already. I have a bunch of other stuff from BB and FS and I don't think that I will see any of those before Tuesday...

Zing

Banned
The good:
I snagged my n3DS preorder. Apparently, EB stores were opening at 9, not the usual 10, but no one knew of it. Clerk at my EB said she had one single person come before 10. I ended up paying $40 out of pocket after combining the trade 5 for $100 and trade OG 3DS for $80.

The bad:
I think trying to combine the offers made the POS system not calculate the correct values. I had to wait a bit while the clerk manually adjusted the prices. I'm not going to complain too much, as I wasn't expecting to have the offers combined in the first place.

The ugly:
Despite checking the system over before leaving, I arrived home to find a dead pixel directly in the middle of the top screen. It actually looks like the parallax barrier has a stuck pixel. I tried massaging it with no success. Obviously, every system at EB is spoken for, so I can't exchange right away. The clerk said they are getting more systems next week, so I will exchange then. I just have to wait seven days until I can perform another transfer.

The ugly:
Despite checking the system over before leaving, I arrived home to find a dead pixel directly in the middle of the top screen. It actually looks like the parallax barrier has a stuck pixel. I tried massaging it with no success. Obviously, every system at EB is spoken for, so I can't exchange right away. The clerk said they are getting more systems next week, so I will exchange then. I just have to wait seven days until I can perform another transfer.

Ouch! That sucks. Hoping my son's MM one doesn't have any issues. That won't be replaceable if so.

PurolatorHelp

Neo Member
Just got my shipping notice from EB...tracking shows it in the sorting center for Purolator, in Toronto. Toronto. I'm in Victoria.

My Christmas day now gets the added joy of watching Santa's sleigh cross the country.

Shipping GAF lives!

Hello,

If you need assistance tracking your delivery, can you please e-mail your tracking number to customer.care@purolator.com?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Julie
Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team

Purolator Inc.
E-mail : customer.care@purolator.com
www.Purolator.com

Follow us on Twitter
http://twitter.com/purolatorhelp

The bad:
I think trying to combine the offers made the POS system not calculate the correct values. I had to wait a bit while the clerk manually adjusted the prices. I'm not going to complain too much, as I wasn't expecting to have the offers combined in the first place.

I think they're not supposed to combine the trade in offers... You may have just got a sweet deal.

PurolatorHelp

Neo Member
okay shipping gaf, help me out here. Looks like my LE for MM was shipped from EB, but I was hoping they were using Canada Post since I know they hold the package for 15 days.

Confirmation it's Purolator, which might be a problem. I'm out of the country til the 22nd. Earliest I can do a pickup is on the 23rd. Any advice on what I can do?

Hello,

If you need assistance with your delivery, please e-mail your tracking number to customer.care@purolator.com. We can then assist you further with this.

Thank you,

Julie

Purolator Inc.
www.Purolator.com

Follow us on Twitter

Sapiens

Hello,

If you need assistance tracking your delivery, can you please e-mail your tracking number to customer.care@purolator.com?

Thank you,

Julie

Purolator Inc.
www.Purolator.com

Follow us on Twitter

Can I ask you guys to just leave my majora LE on my doorstep? I don't feel like driving all the way across town to your delivery centre.....wait, that would imply your delivery drivers actually make an attempt to deliver and don't just hire ninjas to stick those yellow papers on our doors.

There's no way this account isn't a joke.

ohlawd

yep, same thoughts. I asked them again before lining up and they said it should be fine. people fucking took forever though. I showed ID, confirmed my number, gave me the total and paid it off. Didn't take more than 2 minutes for me. Was 10th in line and the store took 5 at a time with two registers. what did the people in front of me do to last 5 minutes for a transaction? the cashiers were fast so no blame goes to them.

PurolatorHelp

Neo Member
I just keep staring at my tracking information from Purolator.

It says shipped from Brampton but says it was a a sorting centre in Toronto, but I live in Mississauga.

It's going around the GTA before it wants to show up at my place :(

Hello,

If you need any assistance with your package, please e-mail the details and tracking number to customer.care@purolator.com.

Thank you,

Julie

Purolator Inc.
www.Purolator.com

Follow us on Twitter

Guys, what does a Purolator driver look like? I've never actually seen one.

I saw two recently. One yesterday and one today.

Does he have a beard? 1. No 2. Yes
Does he have grey hair? 1. Yes 2. No
Did he walk up the stairs first (my apartment is #5 but downstairs)? 1. No 2. Yes
Was he tall? 1. Yes 2. No
Were they polite and smiling? 1. Yes 2. Yes
Did they look cold? 1. No 2. No

Palehorse

Hello,

Thank you,

Julie

That's very nice of you Julie. I just checked my tracking and the delivery date shows as Wednesday. Unless you can go find the turtle you packed my parcel on and carry it on a plane to get here faster, I doubt there's much you can do. :)

At least that's shipped, my Amazon order is still in "Not yet shipped" status.

That's very nice of you Julie. I just checked my tracking and the delivery date shows as Wednesday. Unless you can go find the turtle you packed my parcel on and carry it on a plane to get here faster, I doubt there's much you can do. :)

At least that's shipped, my Amazon order is still in "Not yet shipped" status.

You said it way better than I ever could. I'm hoping the estimate is dead wrong and I get it way earlier than that, but I'm not banking on it lol

mdubs

Banned
So I should have known better, but I went to EB Games to pick up a black New 3ds and was disappointed when it was sold out because I wanted to the trade in promotion. A very important reminder to me why I never buy anything in store anymore.

So I should have known better, but I went to EB Games to pick up a black New 3ds and was disappointed when it was sold out because I wanted to the trade in promotion. A very important reminder to me why I never buy anything in store anymore.

If you want a N3DS and didn't pre-order it might be better to wait 1-2 weeks to let the hype pipe down. Personally I'm just gonna wait until April. That way there should be a good amount of stock stuck on the shelves, and hopefully there'll be some more colours or another LE N3DS.

Top Bottom