• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

So I was at the Purolator depot and they said there was no point in waiting since the driver will "definitely only come" after the depot closes. I just checked online and it arrived to the depot WHILE I WAS THERE. Fuck you Purolator.

Qwyjibo

Wow I got lucky then.
When did you guys order it?
Mine went through at 9:40pm EST on Jan. 6. It was when it came back up the second time on that day.

It's all good though. There are plenty of other games to play. The good thing is that there's finally a date. When Amazon gives you a date, it's happening.

Based Canada post. The mailman put the package in a garbage bag so it won't get wet.
If there's a feedback option, totally give that guy/gal some glowing words. People are always quick to say something bad, but it's those stand out people who deserve a pat on the back too.

cocopuffs

Banned
I WOULD HAVE A MAJORAS MASK LE BUT

AMAZON SCREWED UP MY ORDER AND PUT THE WRONG ADDRESS.

oPol36x.png

How far up should I take this, all the way to Jeff Bezos himself? All they gave me as compensation was $10 Amazon credit. which considering the rarity of this item is nothing. I'm extremely frustrated right now.

oPol36x.png

How far up should I take this, all the way to Jeff Bezos himself? All they gave me as compensation was $10 Amazon credit. which considering the rarity of this item is nothing. I'm extremely frustrated right now.

hmmm, that sucks. amazon is a real pain to deal with sometime. to they have an option to call?

It's insane that they offered you literally nothing to compensate.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is LBP3 worth getting?
Bought it Day1: I think it has a really fun, short campaign, and if you're the creative type it's worthwhile, but ultimately it is still marred by online/network bugs and DLC/LBP and LBP2 level compatibility issues (the post-launch support has been ineffectual for the most part TBH). If you value that stuff I'd say stay away. Some decent community levels out there to play already, but nothing too crazy as of yet.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

oPol36x.png

Holy shit, that's awful man.

Bought it Day1: I think it has a really fun, short campaign, and if you're the creative type it's worthwhile, but ultimately it is still marred by online/network bugs and DLC/LBP and LBP2 level compatibility issues (the post-launch support has been ineffectual for the most part TBH). If you value that stuff I'd say stay away. Some decent community levels out there to play already, but nothing too crazy as of yet.

I found it to be one of the worst games of 2014, and actually created a thread about that. Quite a few people agreed.

It's boring, buggy, uninspired and partially broken.

Eoyote

Neo Member
My MM LE was also postponed to March 11th. This is the same thing that happened with my Pit preorder. Pretty obvious they aren't going to be receiving any more. We all know how limited these are. Guess they are just stalling, hoping they'll receive more before the inevitable cancellations.

This is the second time in a month they've been unable to deliver on something I've preordered. I will never preorder from Amazon again.

Jinto

My MM LE was also postponed to March 11th. This is the same thing that happened with my Pit preorder. Pretty obvious they aren't going to be receiving any more. We all know how limited these are. Guess they are just stalling, hoping they'll receive more before the inevitable cancellations.

This is the second time in a month they've been unable to deliver on something I've preordered. I will never preorder from Amazon again.

What ended up happening with your Pit order?

iLLmAtlc

oPol36x.png

How much more is it to buy 3rd party?

I'd probably just bite the bullet and buy it there. Ask amazon to credit you the difference you had to pay.

Took about an hour at EB to do the transfer of just licenses and saves earlier today. Once I got home I downloaded the games I've previously bought. Didn't take too long.

Damn this machine is a hell of an upgrade from original 3DS.

iLLmAtlc

Strictly speaking amazon breached a contract and caused you a few hundred dollars in losses. There's probably a legit claim there.

I assume they have an arbitration clause in there but worst case scenario you can try small claims court lol

Depends how pissed you are

kennah

If someone doesn't want steam but wants the pin I could probably be convinced to take steam off your hands. I liked the demo so far.

Stage On

Guys what's a good sd card you'd recommend for the 3ds xl? I'm running low on space from the 4 gig one that came with the system thanks to club nintnedo and am looking to upgrade for cheap

Eoyote

Neo Member
What ended up happening with your Pit order?

Same thing that they've been doing with MM LE. No delivery estimate until release day. Then, a delivery estimate weeks/month from release, followed be a cancellation only days after they confirmed they would get more. When I sent them an email about it, they pretty much told me to screw off. They have such disgusting business practices. Done with them as far as preordering goes.

No_Style

oPol36x.png

Continue to go after them. This is 100% their fault. Try to escalate if you can. Might have more sway over the phone?

The rep mentioned that they wouldn't be able to deliver another at the moment... Are they saying the could redeliver after it comes back or what?

Jinto

Same thing that they've been doing with MM LE. No delivery estimate until release day. Then, a delivery estimate weeks/month from release, followed be a cancellation only days after they confirmed they would get more. When I sent them an email about it, they pretty much told me to screw off. They have such disgusting business practices. Done with them as far as preordering goes.

Aw man, that's not what I wanted to hear. :(

Mikey Jr.

Not sure if this is new or not, but when you order from amazon, you can have your package go to a post office instead of your home.

Fucking awesome feature. Now I don't have to worry about expensive items just being left at my front door all day when I'm at work.

NolbertoS

Heard alot of Canadian peeps from reddit and other forums got literally "hosed" from amazon.ca for the MM LE. A guy I know ordered two for himself and his gf and now that amazon.ca cancelled on him, he decided to just buy it via a 3rd party reseller on the amazon.com website. It was about 60 above MSRP, but know how rare this game will get, probably reach 100 MSRP or higher before the summer. Man, amazon.ca need to get its shit in order.

I found it to be one of the worst games of 2014, and actually created a thread about that. Quite a few people agreed.

It's boring, buggy, uninspired and partially broken.

Watched my brother play it for a few hours went we went to visit someone. It looks really fun, and definitely worth getting. I'd pick it up myself during this PSN Flash sale if I didn't care for a physical copy.
Hmm. Alright, I'm considering getting it for my kid brother since he likes the series. At least I have the weekend to decide. This is the cheapest I've seen the game at so that's mainly what attracted me.

If anyone's in the market, I'm currently selling my Pikachu 3DS XL. Asking $250 plus shipping (assume that would be around $30, depending). System is complete with original charger, stylus, and all documentation, and is in incredible condition. Also includes a 16GB SD card. Couple hairline scratches on the bottom side, but you'd need to reeeeeeally be looking.

I wanted to put this here before the B/S/T thread, since I'd rather deal with Canadians to avoid insane shipping charges. PM me if interested!

00K0K_9cD4G5CYUFb_600x450.jpg

00I0I_jWoArSqedAd_600x450.jpg

CRA5H

Removing that damn backplate for the micro SD replacement was terrifying.
Then when I finally got it and was installing the new SD card, I noticed that the damn thing was on!! I swear I hit "Power off"

Luckily everything seems to be fine but it scared the crap out of me.

I also applied hori screen protectors. Touchscreen applied no problem but the top one had just a single speck of dust. I thought it would be fine but one thing you'll notice is that if you have dust under your applied screen protector, the 3D effect will make it look as if that dust particle actually has depth and gives it a 3D effect as well.

I ended up removing the top screen protector all together as it was too distracting. I actually dont think I'll even need one for the top display.

Zing

Banned
Guys what's a good sd card you'd recommend for the 3ds xl? I'm running low on space from the 4 gig one that came with the system thanks to club nintnedo and am looking to upgrade for cheap
I bought the Sandisk model that Nintendo recommends. It's the Sandisk Extreme 16GB. It's currently on sale at Henry's for $25. I know there are cheaper brands out there, but I've always stuck with Sandisk to avoid failures, and it's recommended in Nintendo's support document.

I had a 32GB Sandisk Ultra SD in the old XL, but I've only used 8GB over two years.

Harusame

Finally transferred all my data from my Zelda LBW 3DS to my MM 3DS. I almost QQ'd as it took me almost 2 hours trying to figure out why my microSD card was not being detected by the 3DS. All I had to do was switch the partition from logical to primary...I guess it didn't help that I was watching Sherlock in the process.

Past

So tempted to open the MH43DSXL in front of me omg. My MM3DSXL is coming Monday, not sure which one to keep >_<. Should I just open the MH4 one now and sell the MM one? The MM seems like it will be the most valuable in the longer run so that's why I want to keep that over MH.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
So tempted to open the MH43DSXL in front of me omg. My MM3DSXL is coming Monday, not sure which one to keep >_<. Should I just open the MH4 one now and sell the MM one? The MM seems like it will be the most valuable in the longer run so that's why I want to keep that over MH.
I'd keep the MH4 one. I personally like the look of it a bit better despite the off center text on the back of the top screen, and you get a game with it.

Eoyote

Neo Member
Removing that damn backplate for the micro SD replacement was terrifying.
Then when I finally got it and was installing the new SD card, I noticed that the damn thing was on!! I swear I hit "Power off"

Luckily everything seems to be fine but it scared the crap out of me.

I also applied hori screen protectors. Touchscreen applied no problem but the top one had just a single speck of dust. I thought it would be fine but one thing you'll notice is that if you have dust under your applied screen protector, the 3D effect will make it look as if that dust particle actually has depth and gives it a 3D effect as well.

I ended up removing the top screen protector all together as it was too distracting. I actually dont think I'll even need one for the top display.

Well, given that the bottom bezel STILL scratches the top, that's probably the one screen you do want it on...

Socreges

Banned
If anyone's in the market, I'm currently selling my Pikachu 3DS XL. Asking $250 plus shipping (assume that would be around $30, depending). System is complete with original charger, stylus, and all documentation, and is in incredible condition. Couple hairline scratches on the bottom side, but you'd need to reeeeeeally be looking.

I wanted to put this here before the B/S/T thread, since I'd rather deal with Canadians to avoid insane shipping charges. PM me if interested!

http://images.craigslist.org/00K0K_9cD4G5CYUFb_600x450.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://images.craigslist.org/00I0I_jWoArSqedAd_600x450.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]Americans can also get the same console new for $30 less with free shipping...

Well, given that the bottom bezel STILL scratches the top, that's probably the one screen you do want it on...

I have been wondering for a while how on earth people scratch their 3DS screens just from closing/opening the system. My launch OG top screen has no scratch and I don't use screen protectors.

iphys

Toysrus.ca finally has Majora's Mask available so you can get $10 off with the CineplexHoliday gift code. Plus, they take paypal, so I was able to use my ebates rebate to pay for it even.

curb

Banned
Hmm. Alright, I'm considering getting it for my kid brother since he likes the series. At least I have the weekend to decide. This is the cheapest I've seen the game at so that's mainly what attracted me.

I bought it at full price and I think it was well worth it. I really enjoyed it. I know not everyone has had a great experience on the technical side but I didn't really have any issues. I think it's worth it at that price.

CRA5H

This problem is still persistent in the n3DSXL? I'd assume they would have fixed that issue for this iteration..

Just read this:
http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/new_3ds_xl_and_scratches_on_the_top_screen

I think the problem is the amount of force applied to the 3ds when its in tight spaces such as a backpack. They are pushing into each other as you carry it around causing that fricition and resulting in marks.

Not really a design flaw but something Nintendo should have considered when redesigning it.

Top Bottom