• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Stat!

I really need a couple good 3ds game deals. Thinking of picking up OoT or Majora's Mask on 3ds.

Though Order comes out next week too!

Guys what's a good sd card you'd recommend for the 3ds xl? I'm running low on space from the 4 gig one that came with the system thanks to club nintnedo and am looking to upgrade for cheap

I'm not sure if you've found a solution, but this week Best Buy and Futureshop have a 32gb Class 10 MicroSD card on sale for $20.99. It has the adapter so it can work in either 3dS system. I picked one up yesterday for my N3DS and it's working like a charm!

So tempted to open the MH43DSXL in front of me omg. My MM3DSXL is coming Monday, not sure which one to keep >_<. Should I just open the MH4 one now and sell the MM one? The MM seems like it will be the most valuable in the longer run so that's why I want to keep that over MH.

You could sell the MH4 one to me :D

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
sounds like I was fortunate to have my MM3DLE ship from Amazon already =\

Yep, both MM3DLE and MM N3DS XL will be here on Tuesday for me.. or so they predict. I had my pre-orders for them both in literally within the minute they went up, but I'm not sure that played a factor.

diaspora

Amazon tracking sex my n3DS is out for delivery. Does canada post delivery parcels on Saturdays?

jWtxDiA.jpg

Tried to casually go in and pick up a New 3Ds.. yea no shot

didn't know they were selling out like this lol. EB said they'll get there next shipment in on Tuesday so I'll just go then

This problem is still persistent in the n3DSXL? I'd assume they would have fixed that issue for this iteration..

Just read this:
http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/new_3ds_xl_and_scratches_on_the_top_screen

I think the problem is the amount of force applied to the 3ds when its in tight spaces such as a backpack. They are pushing into each other as you carry it around causing that fricition and resulting in marks.

Not really a design flaw but something Nintendo should have considered when redesigning it.

When I get a 3DS family system the first thing I do is take a half hour to very carefully install some HORI screen protectors. It's an enormous pain that Nintendo has never bothered to do anything about it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Yep, we always put on screen protectors now. It definitely saves the screens. But we go even further to prevent the self scratching. In my opinion, if slight pressure of being in my jacket pocket causes the device to scratch itself, it's definitely a design flaw. We peeled the feet off out Xbox 360 and put them on the screen for the 3DS and 3DS XL. We'll be doing it with N3DS too, just in case.

rE3zDl.png

Yep, we always put on screen protectors now. It definitely saves the screens. But we go even further to prevent the self scratching. In my opinion, if slight pressure of being in my jacket pocket causes the device to scratch itself, it's definitely a design flaw. We peeled the feet off out Xbox 360 and put them on the screen for the 3DS and 3DS XL. We'll be doing it with N3DS too, just in case.

rE3zDl.png

How well does that close up afterwards?

jokkir

Uhg, the Best Buy birthday promo code isn't working for me for some reason (buying online or instore. Both don't seem to work) so now I'm debating if I should wait for Best Buy support to help me fix the problem or if I should just skip the $7-ish saved and just buy Majora's Mask now.

What do you guys think?

I think he misread. The Pikachu XL is out of print and arguably the rarest of all XL models.

evidently not

something about this seems a bit sketchy, i mean it's barely above retail. but if it's available, it's available.

still, i've had enough people inquire to know i'm not crazy in my asking price haha. someone on this thread said he sold his recently for 300. mine's in damn near perfect condition.

Uhg, the Best Buy birthday promo code isn't working for me for some reason (buying online or instore. Both don't seem to work) so now I'm debating if I should wait for Best Buy support to help me fix the problem or if I should just skip the $7-ish saved and just Majora's Mask now.

What do you guys think?

I preordered MM 2 weeks ago with the birthday code and yet on release day my pre order was listed as "out of stock" and BB said they wouldn't ship it for 2-3 weeks so I just bit the bullet and bought it at Walmart (thank god for my employee discount). Best Buy sucks.
evidently not

something about this seems a bit sketchy, i mean it's barely above retail. but if it's available, it's available.

still, i've had enough people inquire to know i'm not crazy in my asking price haha. someone on this thread said he sold his recently for 300. mine's in damn near perfect condition.

I sold mine for around 350 (I forget the exact amount) locally via Kijiji about a month ago. It was CIB with manuals and AR cards and everything though. You can get a decent amount if you're patient.

Chatin

Waiting on my n3DS and Majoras Mask preorders to ship. In the meantime, finding that Monster Hunter is sold out everywhere. What's the point in wanting to give Nintendo my money?

I sold mine for around 350 (I forget the exact amount) locally via Kijiji about a month ago. It was CIB with manuals and AR cards and everything though. You can get a decent amount if you're patient.

Hmm, Maybe I'll hold off and stick to my $300 craigslist posting for now. If someone here wants it for $250 plus shipping, I'll honor that though

zroid

Banned
I tend to avoid LE systems because they're usually a bit gaudy and I don't like to overcommit to a particular brand or design, but seeing these resell prices always makes me reconsider

Sora_N

I tend to avoid LE systems because they're usually a bit gaudy and I don't like to overcommit to a particular brand or design, but seeing these resell prices always makes me reconsider

But some LE aren't worth crap though.

I had to lose tax to get rid of the blue XY one. Wouldn't have sold if I didn't need money for my trip.

I barely used it and hate the screen anyways.

Sora_N

Uhg, the Best Buy birthday promo code isn't working for me for some reason (buying online or instore. Both don't seem to work) so now I'm debating if I should wait for Best Buy support to help me fix the problem or if I should just skip the $7-ish saved and just buy Majora's Mask now.

What do you guys think?

Birthday code?

But some LE aren't worth crap though.

I had to lose tax to get rid of the blue XY one. Wouldn't have sold if I didn't need money for my trip.

I barely used it and hate the screen anyways.

After the Link Between Worlds XL was announced, I immediately regretted my blue XY 3DS XL. Selling it will be impossible to get a decent amount back, unlike the Link Between Worlds XL, which also looks MUCH nicer. I won't be falling for a Pokemon limited edition again.

DVCY201

I'm the same, the MM3DS will be my first LE console if EB fulfills it. I don't really want to attract attention when I'm playing

It's also hard to predict which consoles or LE's will end up with a high resale value and whether or not there is demand for it

Sora_N

After the Link Between Worlds XL was announced, I immediately regretted my blue XY 3DS XL. Selling it will be impossible to get a decent amount back, unlike the Link Between Worlds XL, which also looks MUCH nicer. I won't be falling for a Pokemon limited edition again.

Unless it's Pikachu or Charizard yep.

cocopuffs

Banned
Continue to go after them. This is 100% their fault. Try to escalate if you can. Might have more sway over the phone?

The rep mentioned that they wouldn't be able to deliver another at the moment... Are they saying the could redeliver after it comes back or what?
Called and all I got was an extremely apologetic lady saying there was nothing they could do except give me another $10 credit in terms of compensation. "I'm so very sorry so take $10 in credit and suck a dic---have a nice day".

So yeah. :/

Called and all I got was an extremely apologetic lady saying there was nothing they could do except give me another $10 credit in terms of compensation. "I'm so very sorry so take $10 in credit and suck a dic---have a nice day".

So yeah. :/

i'd keep calling, that's ridiculous. ask to speak to managers or something. it's asinine, they're getting the product back with your name on it. i refuse to believe they're completely unable to flag it and resend.

cocopuffs

Banned
i'd keep calling, that's ridiculous. ask to speak to managers or something. it's asinine, they're getting the product back with your name on it. i refuse to believe they're completely unable to flag it and resend.
Apparently because they already automatically issued a refund on it, there's "nothing they can do".

All I know though is that I'm never preordering another game/console from Amazon again,.

cocopuffs

Banned
Picked up my MMLE Skull Kid statues from Canada Post, it's in pretty good condition. Got them from BB/FS.

If Amazon comes through, I'll send that one to a gaffer at cost.
I don't mean to play the guilt card lol but you've probably heard my situation above regarding the MMLE.

rE3zDl.png

Nice

I'm too nervous to put on screen protectors. Putting my Vita one on took two tries and a lot of frustration, because of my OCD. I was worried about getting it perfect and avoiding bubbles/trapped dust, but ended up with two bubbles.

I feel bad, because my Mom was helping me and my OCD acted up causing me to get angry.

I haven't touched the thing in six months, though I still care about it. Not enough to fix the screen protector since it's fine with the two bubbles now that all is said and done. I bought an extra pack just in case.

Anyways, since I never take my 3DS or N3DS outside and keep it in a drawer, I don't think I need screen protectors. I've never scratched a screen, despite playing Ninja Gaiden on a DS Lite.

I also hated the control mechanic in Resident Evil that made you put your oily thumb on the screen.

So...

How many people ordered their MMLE from ebgames and how many got one in good shape? Kinda worried about some of the stories and pics I've seen. All of the damaged ones seemed to have come from ebgames.

Top Bottom