• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

teeg

So...

How many people ordered their MMLE from ebgames and how many got one in good shape? Kinda worried about some of the stories and pics I've seen. All of the damaged ones seemed to have come from ebgames.

My EB Games one came in perfect shape.
A friends Future Shop order had minor tears at the top.
VX5romi.jpg

So...

How many people ordered their MMLE from ebgames and how many got one in good shape? Kinda worried about some of the stories and pics I've seen. All of the damaged ones seemed to have come from ebgames.

Mine's great! Though I can see why there are so many horror stories--the packaging is rather fragile, thanks to the diecut window to show the Skull Kid figure. Why they didn't put a clear plastic window on that is beyond me.

My MMLE from EB Games in store was awful.

They're looking into a replacement right now.

My Amazon prder went to my buddy. He intends to open it and will switch with me if his is in better condition.

So I have 2 possible chances to get a decent one.

Fucking annoying. I bought the digital version of MM too to keep the LE sealed.

Kazerei

Banned
Has anyone seen the new 3DS XL at Shoppers Drug Mart? This weekend is bonus redemption, but it's cold out and I'm too lazy to check :S

Maximus.

I have been wondering for a while how on earth people scratch their 3DS screens just from closing/opening the system. My launch OG top screen has no scratch and I don't use screen protectors.

I wonder the same thing. Never had any issues with any 3DS I have owned. I carry it in my bag with a case sometimes and it's still fine, even if it's at the bottom of the bag with stuff inside.

I wonder the same thing. Never had any issues with any 3DS I have owned. I carry it in my bag with a case sometimes and it's still fine, even if it's at the bottom of the bag with stuff inside.

It is caused from pressure. If I just close my 3DS and leave it on my desk or something, nothing happens. But, if I put it in my pocket and take it to school, it gets outlines from the touchscreen. I have a screen protector on, so I hope any permanent lines (more like dots) I do have haven't affected my actual screen.

CRA5H

Nice

I'm too nervous to put on screen protectors. Putting my Vita one on took two tries and a lot of frustration, because of my OCD. I was worried about getting it perfect and avoiding bubbles/trapped dust, but ended up with two bubbles.

I feel bad, because my Mom was helping me and my OCD acted up causing me to get angry.

I haven't touched the thing in six months, though I still care about it. Not enough to fix the screen protector since it's fine with the two bubbles now that all is said and done. I bought an extra pack just in case.

Anyways, since I never take my 3DS or N3DS outside and keep it in a drawer, I don't think I need screen protectors. I've never scratched a screen, despite playing Ninja Gaiden on a DS Lite.

I also hated the control mechanic in Resident Evil that made you put your oily thumb on the screen.
I just went through 3 screen protectors and finally got it Perfect on the last attempt. Finally no trapped dust that was giving me SL much frustration on my first two attempts.

First one was a Hori. Trapped dust spec

Second was the Biogenik 3DSXL which comes with two. I bought the $2.50 coverage in case I fuck it up again (should have done it with Hori). First attempt again has a SINGLE dust spec. Those look so bad, especially in 3D.
Second attempt with my final protector, got it perfect!!

So happy. My girlfriend had to help me with it by holding a flashlight to the screen to make sure no dust particles were on it.

Harusame

Quite happy with the new 3DS XL. The 3D effect with face tracking is excellent and due to this, I might even use 3D mode even more. Also to match the MM 3DS, I bought the MM themes as well. Here is my collection of the 3DS family so far, with the exception of the 2DS that I bought for my friend.

wlm5pc3.jpg

Renewed

Quite happy with the new 3DS XL. The 3D effect with face tracking is excellent and due to this, I might even use 3D mode even more. Also to match the MM 3DS, I bought the MM themes as well. Here is my collection of the 3DS family so far, with the exception of the 2DS that I bought for my friend.

wlm5pc3.jpg

Sure would be nice if the MH4 n3DS XL didn't withhold the themes. The theme codes are in the receipt of the eShop version, but the bundle doesn't have this. So gotta wait to see what happens.

ohlawd

Sure would be nice if the MH4 n3DS XL didn't withhold the themes. The theme codes are in the receipt of the eShop version, but the bundle doesn't have this. So gotta wait to see what happens.

I've looked around and there's no chance of us MH4 bundle peeps getting the free theme

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
So I caved and bought MH4 digitally, but I'll look up what the theme looks like and if I don't like it I'll give the code to someone here.

Maximus.

It is caused from pressure. If I just close my 3DS and leave it on my desk or something, nothing happens. But, if I put it in my pocket and take it to school, it gets outlines from the touchscreen. I have a screen protector on, so I hope any permanent lines (more like dots) I do have haven't affected my actual screen.

Yea I understand that, but like I said, I put it in my bag and I haven't noticed anything with the XL. With the original I did get lines on the screen, but I don't recall any scratches.

Mine was in perfect condition!

My EB Games one came in perfect shape.
A friends Future Shop order had minor tears at the top.

Mine's great! Though I can see why there are so many horror stories--the packaging is rather fragile, thanks to the diecut window to show the Skull Kid figure. Why they didn't put a clear plastic window on that is beyond me.

perfect condition here

The ones I ordered were from EB and they were pristine.

Whew. Ok. There's hope then.

Alucard

Banned
Friend of ours said he got a new Wii U from Target for 250 yesterday. Might need to go in and check it out today.

Edit: Actually, think I'll still wait 'til it hits an actual price drop and goes down to 199.99 in 18-24 months or so. No rush, as I've got a mountain of Wii, 3DS, and PS2 games to play and finish.

Plus, the Wii is still a good young family system.

My eshop version didn't even work. It kept giving me an error. :(

The Visa I used for all my E3 orders looks to be compromised and of course Best Buy's system doesn't make changing credit card information on their website so easy. It's going to be a long phone conversation with support. :/

big_z

The Visa I used for all my E3 orders looks to be compromised and of course Best Buy's system doesn't make changing credit card information on their website so easy. It's going to be a long phone conversation with support. :/

you can change the card information but only on orders that haven't shipped. any partially shipped orders you need to call.

you can change the card information but only on orders that haven't shipped. any partially shipped orders you need to call.

Still not working for me.

Their shit works half the time.

Edit: Managed to get most to work just by retrying it two or three times. The one with my Order 1886 won't change though. Maybe it's too close to release?

Yeah I dunno what's up with that. It used to work, way back when. Then it just stopped. They're really good about it when you call though

Yeah I dunno what's up with that. It used to work, way back when. Then it just stopped. They're really good about it when you call though

Called them and got it all sorted out.

I wish there website would work.

I think I am almost done switching everything from my compromised credit card. Such a pain in the ass for a Sunday morning.

Xenoflare

How's the stocks for the new XL?

Maybe I'll pony up and get the red one, but for some reason I'm always make my purchase late enough that I missed all the colors other than black.

Ranger X

Wait, New XLs are having FACE TRACKING for the 3D effect?

You got to be kidding me. How come I never heard about that make or break feature?

EDIT: Read the launch thread. Holyshit. Nintendo got me again. Will buy tomorrow

Saturday

hey Target peeps, were games the only thing that got a drop? still looking for that deeper than 20% for CDs

I think it varies from store to store, but I remember my target dropping prices on makeup, dvds, clothing, I-didn't-catch-that-part, and I-was-busy-playing-with-a-child's-toy-to-listen-to-it-all. And also 5% for apple products to 10%.

Top Bottom