• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Jinto

hey Target peeps, were games the only thing that got a drop? still looking for that deeper than 20% for CDs

I just came from there. At the Target I went to all DVDs, Blu-rays, and CDs are %30 off. Games are 15% off. The deals weren't great. I only ended up buying Golden Grahams.

IceIpor

hey Target peeps, were games the only thing that got a drop? still looking for that deeper than 20% for CDs

CD/Music was moved to 30%.

EDIT: I'll list the changes I remember..

Apple & Laptops: 10%
Music, DVDs and Blu-Rays:30%
Video Game Software/SOME accessories: 15%
AV Accessories/Headphones: 15%
Cameras: 15%
Pest Control: 20%
Starbucks Merchandise: 15% (Not to be confused with the regular Starbucks stuff found in the grocery section.)
I think Luggage: 20%
Valentine Plush: 30%
Valentine Candy/Confectionary: 50%

balohna

Starbucks Merchandise: 15% (Not to be confused with the regular Starbucks stuff found in the grocery section.)

Are they still getting new releases? I know it wouldn't really make sense, but it would be nice to get The Order at a discount.

IceIpor

Are they still getting new releases? I know it wouldn't really make sense, but it would be nice to get The Order at a discount.
No. Not my store at least!
Let's put it this way... If Target hasn't ordered/paid for it before the news hit, they aren't going to be getting it in.

IceIpor

... Wait, you guys still have a starbucks?
Nope! They are long gone.

What I meant is the packaged coffee, K-Cups and food (cookies, biscuits, sandwiches) that they sold in Starbucks. Those things that are left behind are now 15% off in Target nationwide.

Joeku

Music, DVDs and Blu-Rays:30%

As an addendum to this, gaming hardware (basically systems) were supposed to be 20%, but at my store it didn't happen, despite the info sheet I saw, and remained at 10%, but some other locations had them at 20%. They're looking to fix that as far as I know.

The discount is supposed to be consistent across all Targets, so it theoretically SHOULD be the same everywhere.

Saturday

Nope! They are long gone.

What I meant is the packaged coffee, K-Cups and food (cookies, biscuits, sandwiches) that they sold in Starbucks. Those things that are left behind are now 15% off in Target nationwide.

Hmm. When the starbucks closed over here, they just piled all their leftover stuff unto a table in the break room.

The only things left of Starbucks is the instant coffee you find in the aisles (which stock dwindles even further each day) and wayward cups that I'm sure have simply established a colony on the rooftop.

IceIpor

As an addendum to this, gaming hardware (basically systems) were supposed to be 20%, but at my store it didn't happen, despite the info sheet I saw, and remained at 10%, but some other locations had them at 20%. They're looking to fix that as far as I know.

The discount is supposed to be consistent across all Targets, so it theoretically SHOULD be the same everywhere.
Hmm.. Unless there was a revised list after Friday afternoon, it wasn't listed on the info sheet I had. It just listed software. We didn't even have real 15% signs. We had to wait until the liquidator gave us one to photocopy.

jholmes

30 percent off Blu-rays is pretty good. Same with DVDS, as there are some good ones that are already at the 5 dollar mark.

Yeah, I might bite on those 30% off BRs, but I can't think of anything I want at the moment. Maybe I'll pick up Pacific Rim?

Alucard

Banned
Yeah, I might bite on those 30% off BRs, but I can't think of anything I want at the moment. Maybe I'll pick up Pacific Rim?

I don't even know. Honestly, I'm not tempted by physical media at all anymore, so it's hard to justify...maybe I'd just get Frozen for my daughter if it hasn't sold out.

Btw, Target employees...any idea if the Blu-rays will be going even lower?

ohlawd

thanks a lot, everyone. yep I'll get Taylor Swift's 1989 Deluxe. Could wait for lower but 30% is what I wanted for that anyway

lupinko

Hey does Majora's Mask still give coins from eshop? If it does I'd rather just get another card and buy that. I'm tempted to buy Rayman 3d for $7, but I heard the port was eh, I already soiled myself with cheap Ubi games in Shadow Wars and Rayman Origins.

If anyone can respond ASAP because Rayman 3d's sale is done on the 16th.

lupinko

Only games released before January 20 in retail/eshop would give you coins. So MM won't give you any.

Ok, so is Rayman 3D good for $7? I'm trying to inch my way to platinum haha. I'm lucky that this sale came and there's some quality games. The Atlus games aren't for me sadly.

Edit: I bought it anyway, $7, the port maybe lazy and not anything new done with but it's still a good game regardless. Also I missed out on the DC version which is a port of.

suikodan

Received this from Amazon:

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We're still trying to obtain the following item you ordered on January 14, 2015

"New Nintendo 3DS XL - Limited Edition Zelda"

Still want it? We'll keep on trying. You'll still be able to cancel at any time before we ship it. If you want to cancel the item now, please click the link below:

Should I wait for it? Do I have a chance of getting one or due to the rarity of the item, it won't happen?

Sapiens

Should I wait for it? Do I have a chance of getting one or due to the rarity of the item, it won't happen?

Did you order when the pre-order page was still up? That sucks, dude. No harm in keeping your order open.

On another related item, has anyone received any amazon shipments today yet?

ahdurian

Did you order when the pre-order page was still up? That sucks, dude. No harm in keeping your order open.

On another related item, has anyone received any amazon shipments today yet?

LITERALLY just received mine
10410184_10153072516961870_8059070150211655122_n_zpsb1fd059d.jpg

ahdurian

Cool. Maybe i'll get my n3ds today.

all the best to you!
I'm just pissed I got screwed over by Purolator on Friday
they apparently packed the truck too much that they couldn't deliver my package, so now I have to wait until tomorrow for the truck to come by. But since I'll be at work, I'll have to wait till Wednesday night to get my MH N3DS (which i'll be using. MM is going to my bro)

jholmes

A bunch of us have this status on
the Mega Man amiibo
and the status was applied to some other non-game stuff I have pre-ordered. I don't know what it means but it seems like it's new.

Sapiens

all the best to you!
I'm just pissed I got screwed over by Purolator on Friday
they apparently packed the truck too much that they couldn't deliver my package, so now I have to wait until tomorrow for the truck to come by. But since I'll be at work, I'll have to wait till Wednesday night to get my MH N3DS (which i'll be using. MM is going to my bro)

My MMLE was the victim of the purolator ninja. Have to go pick it up at one of their affiliates tomorrow.

yeap. Toronto
Canada Post literally rang my doorbell and left it there.
By time I got to the door, the courier was gone

Just got a notice from Canada Post that my n3DS MM was delivered to my mailbox. Now the only issue is I won't be back to Canada until Sunday so I'm still stuck with OG in the meantime :(

ohlawd

Are you sure it was the Ultimate Collectors edition and not limited edition? with blue box

here

Because I have never seen Ultimate edition that cheap.

I have the Ultimate Edition, yeah. white box with 119k as my number sitting on my shelf. and I definitely got it for about 34 bucks including tax. Says so on my Amazon order

Lizardus

Just had a chat with Purolator agent, my shipment of MMLE, MM3DSXL and MH4UCE will arrive on Wednesday.

I ordered from EBGames.

I was charged for The Order at Best Buy.

Just like MonHun last week I was charged really early. I wonder if they think it ships for tomorrow?

I guess that's why I had to call in to change the card number yesterday. It was getting ready to charge.

Top Bottom