• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

PurolatorHelp

Neo Member
Purolator is the fucking worst. I'm at the depot and they said I cant pick it up until 9pm, but they're xlosed at 8:30... and they said the driver can't just hand it to me. It would've been fucking easier to send this to my office and deal with it there. Who the fuck is ever at home at 1pm?

Hello Mysterious,

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience stemming from this incident. Could you please email me your tracking number? I'll look into this for you.

Regards,
Vincent
Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team

Purolator Inc.
E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com
www.Purolator.com

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/purolatorhelp

Qwyjibo

the N3DS was still "item processed" until 30mins after they actually delivered it, so i don't think you should worry
Good to know. My Monster Hunter 4 is "stuck" in that status but is listed as expected delivery for today. Hopefully I get it.

Is anyone here a Best Buy Reward Zone Visa user?

Chase is ending their deal with Best Buy so all these cards getting closed later in the month. I have a couple games (Story of Seasons and The Witcher 3) locked in as pre-orders at good prices. It's not letting me change my payment method to a different card I assume because they are part of larger orders where the other stuff has already shipped. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what I can do. Anyone have to deal with this recently?

My MM LE just came in from Amazon, and it was pretty beat to hell. Fortunately the wonderful CS rep refunded me the money and promised to upgrade my shipping free of charge for re-ordering when/ if they ever get more in (which I doubt will ever happen).

Qwyjibo

My MM LE just came in from Amazon, and it was pretty beat to hell. Fortunately the wonderful CS rep refunded me the money and promised to upgrade my shipping free of charge for re-ordering when/ if they ever get more in (which I doubt will ever happen).
Was the figurine intact? Or just the box was beaten up?

2AdEPT

Purolator has an account here?!

Haha!

pretty good advertising ploy nowadays to find complainants on message boards and to make it look like they are concerned publically...its all over the internet service industry, not just purolator.....still better to put the energy into getting it right the first time IMO, although a lot of people get free shots at the service industry without them being afforded a chance to reply, so whatever.

KarmaCow

My father changed his internet plan but the person who he was dealing with neglected to mention that he would need buy a router for WiFi. I have no idea about what makes a good wifi router or what's a good price for one but my father would need one or else his tablet is basically useless. Anyone have any suggestions?

Was the figurine intact? Or just the box was beaten up?

Nah the figure and game were fine (did anyone else notice the lack of that terrible 'FR" stamp on the front of the game case?) but the box was dented and ripped. It was extremely nice of the rep to do what he did for me, you might just have to get lucky.

Hate to go all ShippingGAF on you guys but my MM N3DS from Amazon has been listed as "item processed" in my city since the 13th and it didn't come then and my mail came today and, once again, still nothing. I paid for priority shipping too. Just basically posted this so I could whine. Canada Post is genuinely the worst.

ahdurian

Hate to go all ShippingGAF on you guys but my MM N3DS from Amazon has been listed as "item processed" in my city since the 13th and it didn't come then and my mail came today and, once again, still nothing. I paid for priority shipping too. Just basically posted this so I could whine. Canada Post is genuinely the worst.

no, I feel like Purolator is.
At least CP is still open today

zroid

Banned
derp. no MM3DLE today. it was processed at a local delivery facility this morning but still never went out for delivery. :(

Does anybody know what Future Shop's return policy is for the n3DSxl. I have 2 dead pixels, one right in the middle that floats when in 3D, and I am thinking of returning it.

CRA5H

Currently not at home and there was an attempted delivery. Apparently a notice was left stating when and where to pick it up but I worry they just left it on my door step. Should I be worried?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Err wtf...

UEvGVt6.jpg

nordique

Looks like no EB games in Calgary seem to have any non-preorder New 3DS systems

Anyone who didn't pre-order have any luck? I'm only looking at EB due to the trade in deal.

Hopefully they get them in stock this week. Wanna play me some Majora!

ahdurian

Canada Post left a PS4 on my doorstep while I eas at work and is "not sure what's going on" with my MM N3DS (Just called them).
Purolator has lost 2 of my packages.
Both are abysmal :(

thats rough
i\ve personally never had any real issues with CP (other than them just being lazy and not wanting to ring the doorbell), but they generally dont leave stuff at my door
Purolator though, i've always had to end up going to the depot to pick it up, since they never seem to come by my house and make some excuse why they couldnt

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You can return or exchange for a new one, just say the screen is defect.
Yep. The only thing that is shit is that if you already did the transfer, you're kind of SOL unless you buy a second one, wait 7 days, transfer it, then return the other one...

(Nintendo is dumb :( )

Yep. The only thing that is shit is that if you already did the transfer, you're kind of SOL unless you buy a second one, wait 7 days, transfer it, then return the other one...

(Nintendo is dumb :( )

I have a second one already, it didn't arrive by post on Friday and I wanted one for the weekend, so bought one in store :)
Is there a 7 day wait before you can do a transfer? I was not aware of that. Thanks.

Past

I might keep The Order after all. Probably going to beat it asap then sell it for $50 right away. I got it for only $46 (taxes included, E3 2013) so might as well beat it lol.

suikodan

Is anyone here a Best Buy Reward Zone Visa user?

Chase is ending their deal with Best Buy so all these cards getting closed later in the month. I have a couple games (Story of Seasons and The Witcher 3) locked in as pre-orders at good prices. It's not letting me change my payment method to a different card I assume because they are part of larger orders where the other stuff has already shipped. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what I can do. Anyone have to deal with this recently?

Yeah, same thing here. Will have to call them as well. I have some BB orders locked with Paypal so I'm good but some others are with this card.

BestBuy is going with Desjardins for their account. Wonder if the RewardZone VISA program will survive the transfer.

My father changed his internet plan but the person who he was dealing with neglected to mention that he would need buy a router for WiFi. I have no idea about what makes a good wifi router or what's a good price for one but my father would need one or else his tablet is basically useless. Anyone have any suggestions?

I recommend Cisco (formely Linksys) routers. You can find one for 80$ max that will do the job. Easy instructions and good all-around performance.

Qwyjibo

BestBuy is going with Desjardins for their account. Wonder if the RewardZone VISA program will survive the transfer.
I think our points will be fine. They're probably going to continue the Reward Zone system. Just not the Visa any more.

I just hope Chase doesn't leave Canada altogether. My main card is the Chase Amazon.ca Visa which is great.

Having gone through three mid-price routers in three years, each having various small but annoying issues, and my having researched each one of those choices and still being let down, I am now using an Apple router and love it!

There's an app to set it up via iPhone (I think they also make a Windows version of it), and it's super reliable. Costs something like $100 and there's a higher model for $200 with better range or something like that.

isny

napkin dispenser
For those of you having trouble finding a New 3DSXL, Staples has both flavors in stock online with free shipping.

Palehorse

What's the best place to get accessories for new3DSXL. I am looking for a case and screen protectors.

I just bought a case and screen protectors from EB. The protectors were $10 and they had a fancy new way of being installed to ensure they're lined up right. Definitely recommend.

The case was a generic type Mario themed one but they had plenty of options for an XL sized 3DS.

Madouu

Dead pixel on my MM N3ds :/

It's on a small spot in the bottom left, not that noticeable but you can see it clearly on a black screen.

Oh well...

I'm so confused. Help me fellow Canucks. I get so little time to game, I was really looking forward to downloading the acclaimed P.T., but I can't get into the PSN store, either with my PS4 (an error has occurred) or the WWW (firefox and chrome). Actually on the web I get in, and then am immediately punted out again saying there was a problem logging in.

I have PS+, not that its doing me a lot of good ATM.

I've found much older threads talking about this happening, but never with a solution posted. Is this something on their end I just need to wait out? Been on hold for 20 minutes now, and they push me to their online chat, which of course is closed.

Sorry if too off topic--here--the mailman didn't come today!

;)

Top Bottom