• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Eoyote

Neo Member
Be wary of sending a Limited Edition system to Nintendo. I had to deal with this last year, and although it turned out alright, it was like pulling teeth. From what I understand, they send you a previously repaired system in exchange for yours. I can't imagine they have any MM systems atm. They can actually send your unit out to be fixed, but I had be practically beg them to do this for me as they didn't have any more ALBW systems to exchange. You know, because actually fixing your system under warranty is some sort of foreign concept to Nintendo...

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Be wary of sending a Limited Edition system to Nintendo. I had to deal with this last year, and although it turned out alright, it was like pulling teeth. From what I understand, they send you a previously repaired system in exchange for yours. I can't imagine they have any MM systems atm. They can actually send your unit out to be fixed, but I had be practically beg them to do this for me as they didn't have any more ALBW systems to exchange. You know, because actually fixing your system under warranty is some sort of foreign concept to Nintendo...
Why does that not surprise me?

Madouu

They do if they have them in stock. I'd call now as opposed to later when the chances of them having stock are zero.

Thanks for the helpful replies guys.

I just called them. As expected, they had no MM LE to replace mine with. I was told I could send it for repairs but that if they couldn't change the screen, they would send me a replacement normal edition console. I refused politely and insisted on having my console repaired instead. At the end, they said they will repair it if possible or replace it with a LE if one is available by the time mine is sent. The employee put a note that it must not be replaced by a normal one that he read to me.

So yeah, hopefully they do repair it, I'll send it in sometime this week and I'll keep you updated.

ahdurian

Canada Post left a PS4 on my doorstep while I eas at work and is "not sure what's going on" with my MM N3DS (Just called them).
Purolator has lost 2 of my packages.
Both are abysmal :(

I just called them. As expected, they had no MM LE to replace mine with. I was told I could send it for repairs but that if they couldn't change the screen, they would send me a replacement normal edition console. I refused politely and insisted on having my console repaired instead. At the end, they said they will repair it if possible or replace it with a LE if one is available by the time mine is sent. The employee put a note that it must not be replaced by a normal one that he read to me.

So yeah, hopefully they do repair it, I'll send it in sometime this week and I'll keep you updated.

i've seen so many people saying that their N3DS has had dead pixels...im worried now that the one i'm mailing to my bro is gonna have the same issue =/

Madouu

i've seen so many people saying that their N3DS has had dead pixels...im worried now that the one i'm mailing to my bro is gonna have the same issue =/

Don't worry, the vast majority are fine, I just happen to be one of the unlucky few. It happens. Most are probably fine, including yours, I've got a MH LE that I've been using and it's in perfect condition.

I'm so confused. Help me fellow Canucks. I get so little time to game, I was really looking forward to downloading the acclaimed P.T., but I can't get into the PSN store, either with my PS4 (an error has occurred) or the WWW (firefox and chrome). Actually on the web I get in, and then am immediately punted out again saying there was a problem logging in.

I have PS+, not that its doing me a lot of good ATM.

I've found much older threads talking about this happening, but never with a solution posted. Is this something on their end I just need to wait out? Been on hold for 20 minutes now, and they push me to their online chat, which of course is closed.

Official Sony Response: Yah, it's really busy. Try again tomorrow.

Me: I've been trying for three days now.

Sony: Oh, then it totally isn't us--tell your ISP to open these ports _________.

Me: Yah, that's not it, but sure. Are those ranges, or individual ports?

Sony: I don't know--they have spaces in them.

Me: Thanks a billion bruh.

Saw some mention of expired cards causing this problem, and sure enough I had an old card listed there--and autorenewal of PS+ was back on (but not set to renew for months). Fixed that and no difference.

Loving this gen. Loving it.

Eoyote

Neo Member

Make sure you keep up with them. From multiple supervisor's I spoke with, they don't do any screen replacement there. It has to be sent to NOA for an actual repair process. I was told the same thing when originally sending mine in: "we will determine if we can fix it" only to find out they don't do any actual repair work over there at all. Sadly, seems like more a formality than anything.

I'm so confused. Help me fellow Canucks. I get so little time to game, I was really looking forward to downloading the acclaimed P.T., but I can't get into the PSN store, either with my PS4 (an error has occurred) or the WWW (firefox and chrome). Actually on the web I get in, and then am immediately punted out again saying there was a problem logging in.

I have PS+, not that its doing me a lot of good ATM.

I've found much older threads talking about this happening, but never with a solution posted. Is this something on their end I just need to wait out? Been on hold for 20 minutes now, and they push me to their online chat, which of course is closed.

Sorry if too off topic--here--the mailman didn't come today!

;)

Sorry man, I wish I could help you out, but I haven't come across that problem. :(

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So, we can't count on Amazon for release date delivery anymore, can't count on their
Amiibo
pre-orders and can't count on them to actually ship expensive items in proper packaging.
FS and BB did only a slightly better job with the MM n3DSXL. They mailed those out in cardboard envelops instead of boxes with padding.

EDIT: Just noticed Amazon.ca sent out my MM LE (first order), MM guide, Game of Thrones S4 BR. All three are now slated for a Wednesday delivery. :)

Sealtest

FS and BB did only a slightly better job with the MM n3DSXL. They mailed those out in cardboard envelops instead of boxes with padding.

Yeah what was even worse someone pulled up to my house apparently in a car and dropped it off in my mailbox and left. So it was sitting outside for an hour until my roommate got it for me.

farisr

Shipping notice for The Order...!

I thought it was a Friday release date. I just got my shipping notice too and thought it was too early.

Oh shit. Hope I get mine soon before they notice.

Same here! I'll probably have finished it before friday if it get here by thursday lol

Well, The Order was shipped. Damn that was fast.

Same. If this were 2013, I'd be ecstatic, as once the order's put in I receive it within 1 or 2 days. But lately FS/BB shipping takes much longer. Still glad they shipped it out this early, I should be able to get this by release date.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Received my Majora's Mask N3DS just a few minutes ago, along with two Meta Knight from Best Buy. Like others have said, MM N3DS was in a bubble envelope. The box looked fine, but yikes, you think they would take just a little more care with a product worth that much. It had expedited shipping as well. Meta Knights came in a box where they fit snuggly, with no padding.

Side note, the N3DS was obviously sitting in a cold truck all day because it was basically an ice cube when I opened it up. No problems with it though and it looks great.

CRA5H

Received my Majora's Mask N3DS just a few minutes ago, along with two Meta Knight from Best Buy. Like others have said, MM N3DS was in a bubble envelope. The box looked fine, but yikes, you think they would take just a little more care with a product worth that much. It had expedited shipping as well. Meta Knights came in a box where they fit snuggly, with no padding.

Side note, the N3DS was obviously sitting in a cold truck all day because it was basically an ice cube when I opened it up. No problems with it though and it looks great.
I really hope you didn't turn it on immediately after receiving it given that it was as cold as an ice cube. That's how my Wii shorted of launch day. But if you did and it works fine, then start hunting!

cocopuffs

Banned
Also received my n3DS (black) in a bubble mailer. Kinda happy Amazon put it in that though as my Canada Post guy is a lazy mofo and whatever doesn't fit in the mailbox, instead of actually coming to my apartment, he leaves at the post office to pick up the next day.

lol mine was also super cold and I initially thought the C-Stick was frozen cause of how stiff it was. Later found out it's supposed to be like that.

Oneself

Looks like someone fucked up at FS's shipping center, The Order shipped earlier today for me too. I guess they didn't know it's coming out on friday. :)

big_z

Don't worry, the vast majority are fine, I just happen to be one of the unlucky few. It happens. Most are probably fine, including yours, I've got a MH LE that I've been using and it's in perfect condition.

Nintendo has extremely low quality requirements for their screens. They don't calibrate screens(why many are yellow/red/green tinted) and dead pixels or dust under the screen is fairly common. I compared 14 3ds xls, 6 had dead pixels, 9 had noticeable tint. Only two were perfect screens and one of them had dust trapped under the screen. Really wish Nintendo would put a little effort into quality control but I guess saving money is more important.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have a second one already, it didn't arrive by post on Friday and I wanted one for the weekend, so bought one in store :)
Is there a 7 day wait before you can do a transfer? I was not aware of that. Thanks.
Yeah, if you do a transfer, you have to wait 7 days to do another one. It applies to both systems, so even after you delete a system by transferring off of it, you need to way 7 days to be able to transfer to it.

Maximus.

So, we can't count on Amazon for release date delivery anymore, can't count on their
Amiibo
pre-orders and can't count on them to actually ship expensive items in proper packaging.

They have been fine for Amiibos in my experience, but I would never use them to preorder anything with the expectation to get it on the retail release date. For 98% of the orders I have done through them, things have been packed very well. The only time I can think of a shit packing job was for the Hyrule Historia, but that was the only time.

FS/BB isn't any better in regards to shipping quality, though I do think they are better for getting products during the release window.

Top Bottom