• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
Minor tear with the box but I'm happy I got it. Surprised cause I didn't expect this for till Wednesday.

10384617_10153177201017664_5158810661383178624_n.jpg

Jinto

Got my MM 3DS LE today from BB. I should be happier, but I'm really starting to doubt if Amazon will fulfill my Skull Kid LE. :(

Sajjaja

Got my MM 3DS LE today from BB. I should be happier, but I'm really starting to doubt if Amazon will fulfill my Skull Kid LE. :(

Yeah, I've already written off getting that. I have it preordered still, but I doubt it will end up being fulfilled.

Omlagus

My copy of The Order from BB shipped as well. Should be delivered today according to tracking. I think an early delivery is a first for me.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Best Buy has done it three times since Sept 2014. They did it with TFF: Curtain Call, Saint's Row IV Reelected, and now The Order. I wish EB would do it for The Witcher 3. D:

CRA5H

My copy of The Order is stuck at Item Processed. Maybe Future Shop caught the mistake of shipping these out early? Usually it would be at processed at local delivery facility right now.

My copy of The Order is stuck at Item Processed. Maybe Future Shop caught the mistake of shipping these out early? Usually it would be at processed at local delivery facility right now.

Give it some time.

My Majora's Mask and Monster Hunt never went out for delivery and still ended up being delivered Friday evening. Canada Post updates can be sketchy.

Mine is at Local Delivery facility now.

Anyone have suggestions on a good, decently priced, shelf for DVD sized games? I spent too much money getting these universal game cases to just have them sit in a cardboard box on a cupboard.

TheExodu5

Banned
No luck finding a n3DS in Ottawa. There's a good deal on Kijiji...$300 for a Monster Hunter edition...but I'm not sure I like the skin, and I was hoping to take advantage of the trade-in offer at EB.

If I do the trade-in offer, am I better off trading in the XL for $100 or the original 3DS for $80? I was thinking it might be better to hold on to the original in case I want a small one at some point...but I'm not sure.

No luck finding a n3DS in Ottawa. There's a good deal on Kijiji...$300 for a Monster Hunter edition...but I'm not sure I like the skin, and I was hoping to take advantage of the trade-in offer at EB.

There were copies in Toronto over the weekend. I have a feeling there will be restocks throughout the week. I would just check with EB.

CRA5H

If I do the trade-in offer, am I better off trading in the XL for $100 or the original 3DS for $80? I was thinking it might be better to hold on to the original in case I want a small one at some point...but I'm not sure.
The MH4U design is gorgeous. Too bad the text is there but it's not a deal breaker.
On the back, I thought I had already scratched it but it turned out to be a hair from the fur design.

zroid

Banned
ugh wtf CP still hasn't put my MM3DLE out for delivery even though it's been at the local facility since yesterday morning. Starting to worry. D:

Sealtest

So with futureshop and best buy sending these early, who thinks Ready at Dawn/Sony will fine them for breaking street date?

Renewed

Just got my Prima Games Limited Edition Majora's Mask guide from Amazon.

I was expecting it tomorrow, but I was startled when I heard someone banging on my door. Got mine too!

Monster Hunter would have made me miss my package and I ain't even mad

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Has anyone bought from Play Asia lately?
Right now I'm considering their Fedex shipping option because it's half the price of EMS, but I'm afraid that I'll be hit by a huge brokerage fee. Does anyone know if shipping via Fedex that way is still the case? Or should I just pay the extra 20 bucks for EMS and deal with Canada Post?

antibolo

Banned
Has anyone bought from Play Asia lately?
Right now I'm considering their Fedex shipping option because it's half the price of EMS, but I'm afraid that I'll be hit by a huge brokerage fee. Does anyone know if shipping via Fedex that way is still the case? Or should I just pay the extra 20 bucks for EMS and deal with Canada Post?

I got hit by significant brokerage fees the last time I used their Fedex option, yes. Fedex actually mailed me the bill two weeks later.

Play Asia is overrated, if you're importing a Japanese product you should consider actual Japanese stores like AmiAmi, CDJapan or Nippon Yasan. Play Asia is located in Hong Kong so you're effectively importing twice, and their shipping options are not great (NEVER use their free shipping option, it is evil).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I got hit by significant brokerage fees the last time I used their Fedex option, yes. Fedex actually mailed me the bill two weeks later.

Play Asia is overrated, if you're importing a Japanese product you should consider actual Japanese stores like AmiAmi, CDJapan or Nippon Yasan. Play Asia is located in Hong Kong so you're effectively importing twice, and their shipping options are not great (NEVER use their free shipping option, it is evil).
They got rid of free shipping actually. Right now, for my order, it's 20 for Fedex, 40 for EMS. Which to me looks insane, but I guess they must have some kind of contract with Fedex for lower rates or something.

And yeah, I shopped around, but nearly everything I want is on sale there right now, which is why I'm using them... just not sure if saving money by paying for Fedex now will screw me over later (ie, 50+ dollar brokerage fee).

antibolo

Banned
lol, yeah.

So, don't go Fedex, I presume? Do you remember what you got hit with in terms of the brokerage?

I think it was around $15 for an order of a USD 84.90 game with USD 16.00 shipping. Which I guess wasn't that bad now that I think about it, but I was kinda pissed by how I got the bill two weeks later. Also, they messed up the delivery and shipped it to the wrong office in the building which added to the frustration. I hate Fedex now.

In your case Fedex may actually still be cheaper, but it's hard to tell.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think it was around $15 for an order of a USD 84.90 game with USD 16.00 shipping. Which I guess wasn't that bad now that I think about it, but I was kinda pissed by how I got the bill two weeks later. Also, they messed up the delivery and shipped it to the wrong office in the building which added to the frustration. I hate Fedex now.
Dope. Welp, I'm making a 300 dollar order, so I assume I'm going to get taxed anyway. Might as well pay Canada Post I guess.

Anth0ny

Play Asia is expensive as fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

CD Japan is awesome and never charged me import fees.

Top Bottom