• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Received Majora's Mask LE game in today. Came in the normal Amazon.ca box I've come to expect, with paper padding inside. So odd that the MM N3DS XL I received last night came in a bubble envelope. What were they thinking?

Sealtest

CDJapan is great. Paid $70 for evangelion 3.33 few years back and wasn't charged brokerage/duties.

They also have a point system where you get points based off purchases and on your birthday. I'll be using mine next month to save $15 off of digimon cyber sleuth.

DJ_Lae

I feel a bit seedy/assholish for even contemplating it, but I'm having a very hard time resisting the urge to sell my Majora's Mask XL locally. Seems I can get $400 out of it without much effort whatsoever.

If I do sell it I can credit a delay in my micro SD card shipment from Amazon, otherwise I would have done the transfer immediately after getting the thing yesterday.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I feel a bit seedy for even contemplating it, but I'm having a very hard time resisting the urge to sell my Majora's Mask XL locally. Seems I can get $400 out of it without much effort whatsoever.

If I do sell it I can credit a delay in my micro SD card shipment from Amazon, otherwise I would have done the transfer immediately after getting the thing yesterday.
I figure you'd be better off making a gaffer happy. lol

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
They got rid of free shipping actually. Right now, for my order, it's 20 for Fedex, 40 for EMS. Which to me looks insane, but I guess they must have some kind of contract with Fedex for lower rates or something.

And yeah, I shopped around, but nearly everything I want is on sale there right now, which is why I'm using them... just not sure if saving money by paying for Fedex now will screw me over later (ie, 50+ dollar brokerage fee).

It sucks that they got rid of free shipping. I never had any complaints and now their shipping rates are ridiculous.

Did Best Buy stop doing the $10 gift certificate for pre-ordering a game?

looooooong ago. reward zone is a waste of a service now, there are almost no methods to gain bonus points. Even E3, they just gave straight discounts (which I prefer, but still, kind of funny they don't use their own service).

Brooks2304

Neo Member
looooooong ago. reward zone is a waste of a service now, there are almost no methods to gain bonus points. Even E3, they just gave straight discounts (which I prefer, but still, kind of funny they don't use their own service).

That's brutal. Well thanks for the reply anyways lol. Was going to pre-order The Order, but probably better off just picking up one of these early copies I see all over Kijiji in Toronto.

That's brutal. Well thanks for the reply anyways lol. Was going to pre-order The Order, but probably better off just picking up one of these early copies I see all over Kijiji in Toronto.

yeah, maybe it was costing them too much money in the end. videogames have very little markup, so being able to consistently give them out for $10 below cost might have been too much. who knows.

Ryne

My Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D with Skull Kid Figurine pre-order from Amazon ship date was bumped from March 9th to February 24th. Anyone else seen a boost like this?

I've had decent luck importing from CDJapan and Yesasia (and I think Play-Asia but I don't remember what I got from there). In all cases I never go higher than the air mail option, which takes longer to get here but never gets hit for brokerage/duty/taxes. And even if they did, it's through Canada Post so no delivery company has the opportunity to wreck you for additional charges (*ahem* UPS). I believe my SuperUFO package with the 64GB Vita card was good too, though that was just an envelope so easier to slip under the radar.

Anyways, I'm convinced the key is to get it mailed to you, not couriered.

I didn't even want the New 3DS at launch, but with how good the Majora's Mask system looks, and it's rarity, I would've ordered that if I saw it earlier... Please Amazon, bring it back again.

Anyone willing to trade Majora's Mask Limited Editions?

Mine has a small rip on the mask cut out area. It really bugs me because I intended to keep it sealed. I bought the Digital Version of the game too.

So if you intend to open yours when it arrives I would love to trade. Kinda a long shot. I'll be willing to pay for the cost of you to ship it to me and obviously will pay to ship mine to you.

PM me if you're willing to do this

I got hit by significant brokerage fees the last time I used their Fedex option, yes. Fedex actually mailed me the bill two weeks later.

Play Asia is overrated, if you're importing a Japanese product you should consider actual Japanese stores like AmiAmi, CDJapan or Nippon Yasan. Play Asia is located in Hong Kong so you're effectively importing twice, and their shipping options are not great (NEVER use their free shipping option, it is evil).

I agree with all of the above.
Buuuut if anyone still feels like getting ripped off by Play-Asia, I have a $5 off (when you spend $60 or more) code that is up for grabs. PM me.

zroid

Banned
MM3D LE went out for delivery at like 3:30 today, and it still hasn't arrived. my usual mail delivery time is around 4:00... can't remember it ever being this late before. :(

I don't wanna step out into this blasted cold again to pick it up later but...

MM3D LE went out for delivery at like 3:30 today, and it still hasn't arrived. my usual mail delivery time is around 4:00... can't remember it ever being this late before. :(

I don't wanna step out into this blasted cold again to pick it up later but...

Trade with meeeee

Went by Target today. Ghost town as usual, felt a bit sad with all the liquidation signs and most of the stock still there.

Rummaged through the CD section since it was 30% off. It was a mess and I didn't find anything worth getting either.

There was one Amiibo left: a Zelda.

Alucard

Banned
Went to Target today. Games @ 15 percent off, and Blu-rays and DVDs @ 30 percent off. Pacific Rim on DVD is 10 bucks...minus 30 percent.

The Targets around here still have a ton of stock, so I'm waiting for at least the next level of discounts before biting. Might even wait another 2 levels, if they go that low.

Jinto

My Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D with Skull Kid Figurine pre-order from Amazon ship date was bumped from March 9th to February 24th. Anyone else seen a boost like this?

Yeah, mine just did too. Hopefully, it means we're actually getting it. Amazon better not be toying with us right now.

kingwingin

Anyone here ever buy off of the microsoft store? I don't really buy stuff online but I made an exception for a refurb xbox one.

I bought it yesterday and as of 7pm today it still says order in process.

How long does it take to. Ship out an order? Everything is in stock on the website. I'm getting impatient lol

I just checked the Amazon listing for the MM n3DSXL and it was available! It says it is back-ordered and due in at the end of February. Did it say this when the link was posted earlier? Earlier on my phone it didn't show the $230 option, but it did this time. I ordered it anyways.

tsundoku

Think ya'll are ordering phantom stock, as it's been hours since I've seen them showing stock.

I'd be fine with this anyways, I found money in my bank account I never expected to be getting because I was forced to look at my CC balance to see if I could order it anyways. So I got a pleasant surprise.

If it does go through it's probably protested orders that Amazon kept open for a few days where peoples' cards were maxed out or whatever.

Also might get some Amazon credits if they cancel and I complain. It wasn't sketchy, every page displayed the msrp and it added to cart first try. Trying to get a 2nd one was sketchier so I totally believe you on phantom stock. Worth trying though.

Anyone here ever buy off of the microsoft store? I don't really buy stuff online but I made an exception for a refurb xbox one.

I bought it yesterday and as of 7pm today it still says order in process.

How long does it take to. Ship out an order? Everything is in stock on the website. I'm getting impatient lol

I bought something on Saturday night and it shipped out Sunday. They use FedEx and my previous orders have taken about 2 days from Ontario to BC.

But they are a bit slower if volume is high. I remember during Black Friday it took a few days to ship.

Shows shipping now for the MM 3DS (Ordered today,amazon), "Delivery estimate: Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - Wednesday, February 25, 2015 by 8:00pm"

Top Bottom