• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

out of curiosity, I searched 'cisce neogaf'

this was the first result.
ibwL0Qr3odffTG.png
iyjd4JIjaagOw.jpg

jholmes

Play Asia is expensive as fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

CD Japan is awesome and never charged me import fees.

CDJapan is great. Paid $70 for evangelion 3.33 few years back and wasn't charged brokerage/duties.

They also have a point system where you get points based off purchases and on your birthday. I'll be using mine next month to save $15 off of digimon cyber sleuth.

I'll back these guys up and vouch for CD Japan too. They're great and the prices are fair. I've been shopping there for a decade now.

the3ye

My Best Buy's The Order Pre-Order Bonus code does not work. What do I do?
I bet it's too early to redeem. Even the theme code you get from the official site doesn't work yet.
I got my code from BB too. Will check it once back home. Too bad they didn't ship the game early :/

theRizzle

And here I was about to post that FS/BB have really been knocking it out of the park shipping-wise lately (for me anyways) since they shipped my copy of The Order on Monday. Apparently everyone else got theirs sent too?

In fairness, they HAVE been very good at shipping stuff to me early the past few months. I live in Nunavut and I used to get shipping confirmation on launch day, or the day before at the very best which meant I wouldn't have the game in my hands until 10-14+ days after launch.

Recently though, I've been getting shipping notices on Friday for Tuesday's releases, which I really appreciate. There is no way in hell it would ever get to me fast enough to break a street date (especially if it comes from Mississauga... I seem to get stuff fairly quickly from Richmond) but I appreciate the effort at least.

Omlagus

Order Status: Order Cancelled

At least one decent entry in Order History.
+ my 1886 code doesn't work, so we wait 'till Friday.

Was your 1886 code emailed separately? I got my copy of the game yesterday from BB, but no code. Although reading the last bunch of posts it sounds like it won't work yet anyway. Just want to make sure I remember to harass them on Friday if I still don't have it by then.

Grimsen

So, is Canada Post in the habit of flagging items as "successfully delivered" while it's still in the dude's truck?

Cause I'm on vacation this week, and have been hounding the postman like I'm fucking batman, and he hasn't showed up yet, but my 1886 copy is "successfully delivered". Since 8:36 am :(

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Was your 1886 code emailed separately? I got my copy of the game yesterday from BB, but no code. Although reading the last bunch of posts it sounds like it won't work yet anyway. Just want to make sure I remember to harass them on Friday if I still don't have it by then.
Email.

terrible

Banned
So, is Canada Post in the habit of flagging items as "successfully delivered" while it's still in the dude's truck?

Cause I'm on vacation this week, and have been hounding the postman like I'm fucking batman, and he hasn't showed up yet, but my 1886 copy is "successfully delivered". Since 8:36 am :(

I get that fairly often. For me the package always shows up later that day when it happens.

curb

Banned
What is the Order preorder bonus code for? I got my code yesterday and didn't try it after looking at this thread but I can't remember what the bonus actually is.

soultron

Banned
Ordered the n3DS charging cradle from Nippon-Yasan. Hopefully it won't take months to arrive, like most things I've ordered from Japan.

Ondore

After reading the Xenoblade 3DS file size thread, I have to ask: Is Sandisk the only one making 128GB microSDs now? My 64GB 3DS fridge is gonna explode soon.

zroid

Banned
wooo finally got my MM3D LE. It was delivered last night around 9pm but I didn't feel like stepping out. And yes there's a tear, as well as a crease. :lol

oh well

Skull Kid is gorgeous

Hopefully it won't take months to arrive, like most things I've ordered from Japan.
Hey you get the shipping service you pay for. Want it two days from now, use a courier service like FedEx/UPS. Want it next week use EMS. Want it sometime next year, I guess SAL is still an option.

Hey you get the shipping service you pay for. Want it two days from now, use a courier service like FedEx/UPS. Want it next week use EMS. Want it sometime next year, I guess SAL is still an option.

I should have paid the $5,00 for EMS.

I regret being cheap. That's usually the case though, isn't it.

Woohoo!

The Order Collectors Edition just shipped out from Amazon Canada and will be here on Friday.

They gave it to me for $55 with tax due to my Premium Edition being cancelled and free two day shipping.

Come on Friday or sooner!

BadWolf

Ordered the n3DS charging cradle from Nippon-Yasan. Hopefully it won't take months to arrive, like most things I've ordered from Japan.

That's odd, I ordered plenty using unregistered SAL from amiami and hobbylinkjapan and they don't take forever to come, usually 3 weeks give or take.

Ugh - Wednesday morning and Futureshop still hasn't shipped my TO:1886. No hope that it will get here before the weekend since they use Canada Post. Grrrrrrrrr

Paypal offer on shop.ca should be valid now ($50 off $125). Login to your Paypal account under "Wallet" to see if you have the deal (you might have also got an email about it).

Palehorse

My Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D with Skull Kid Figurine pre-order from Amazon ship date was bumped from March 9th to February 24th. Anyone else seen a boost like this?

My MM3DSXL from Amazon was originally set to get here (Victoria) on Feb 24, after shipping on the 13th. I see now the delivery date has jumped up to tomorrow! Very frustrating playing with my emotions like this.

I probably should have asked this before the release, but does anyone know what's going on with the Dead or Alive 5: Last Round pre-order bonuses here?

I wanted the set that's supposed to come from Amazon/Best Buy but neither had the pre-order content on their sites. Only EB had a pre-order bonus listed.

I ended up taking my chances and ordering on Amazon anyway because it was a couple of bucks cheaper than the others but now Amazon doesn't even have it listed as being sold by them, it's a 3rd party seller so I guess no pre-order costumes for me.

ViP space

Neo Member
I finally received my Majora's Mask themed New 3DSXL via UPS! Fit's perfectly in the Hori Zelda case I bought. Going to set it up after work today.

Lizardus

Just got a word that MMLE, Majora's Mask edition 3DSXL and MH4UCE have been delivered today from EB. There is also another box which is probably amiibos.

Can't wait to get home today.

Anyone willing to trade Majora's Mask Limited Editions?

Mine has a small rip on the mask cut out area. It really bugs me because I intended to keep it sealed. I bought the Digital Version of the game too.

So if you intend to open yours when it arrives I would love to trade. Kinda a long shot. I'll be willing to pay for the cost of you to ship it to me and obviously will pay to ship mine to you.

PM me if you're willing to do this

xclaw

Was in Target this morning, not sure if it was posted yet but looks like game systems are now 20% off and games 15%.

Not alot of selection but none the less. Seems higher than the 10% that I recall being said before.

Top Bottom