• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Anyone willing to trade Majora's Mask Limited Editions?

Mine has a small rip on the mask cut out area. It really bugs me because I intended to keep it sealed. I bought the Digital Version of the game too.

So if you intend to open yours when it arrives I would love to trade. Kinda a long shot. I'll be willing to pay for the cost of you to ship it to me and obviously will pay to ship mine to you.

PM me if you're willing to do this

Honestly, the shipping on that would cost so much (I'd guess around $35) that you should almost just try and look for one for sale in the B/S/T thread if it's that important to you

Honestly, the shipping on that would cost so much (I'd guess around $35) that you should almost just try and look for one for sale in the B/S/T thread if it's that important to you

I'm sure it's not going to cost $35. I'd rather pay the shipping cost than the scalping cost plus the cost for my damaged one.

Palehorse

Anyone willing to trade Majora's Mask Limited Editions?

Mine has a small rip on the mask cut out area. It really bugs me because I intended to keep it sealed. I bought the Digital Version of the game too.

So if you intend to open yours when it arrives I would love to trade. Kinda a long shot. I'll be willing to pay for the cost of you to ship it to me and obviously will pay to ship mine to you.

PM me if you're willing to do this

Is the idea that you want a pristine unopened box for collecting? So the person who would trade with you would send you their unopened good MMLE and you'd send yours with the box that wasn't so great?

I just ask because I'm going to open mine and don't care about the box and could easily trade... BUT! I've been waiting since Friday and don't want to have to wait longer to get your copy to play the game.

(keep in mind that my MMLE arrives today and so it might not be pristine either)

Is the idea that you want a pristine unopened box for collecting? So the person who would trade with you would send you their unopened good MMLE and you'd send yours with the box that wasn't so great?

I just ask because I'm going to open mine and don't care about the box and could easily trade... BUT! I've been waiting since Friday and don't want to have to wait longer to get your copy to play the game.

(keep in mind that my MMLE arrives today and so it might not be pristine either)

I would keep shipping in mind with something like this.

The box itself is kind of fragile. That front cut out area is easy to rip with any sort of pressure placed on it.

Yes that's right. I can ship out as soon as possible. So long as yours isn't messed up hopefully.

My The Order has been Out for Delivery for a day and a half now. They re scanned it at 10 am this morning so at least I know it's not lost in the system.

So here is a picture I was able to get of the marks on the buttons on my Majoras Mask N3DSXL

2mY0la5.jpg

Anyone else have these?

The EB Games I got it from has a replacement on the way for it. I'm just hoping that one doesn't have dead pixels or something worse.

I'll check both out.

So here is a picture I was able to get of the marks on the buttons on my Majoras Mask N3DSXL

Anyone else have these?

The EB Games I got it from has a replacement on the way for it. I'm just hoping that one doesn't have dead pixels or something worse.

I'll check both out.

you mean the X and A? those just look like blemishes in the way the plastic set

Anyone else have these?

I'll check both out.

I don't see any notable issue in that picture.

Harusame

Anyone else have these?

I'll check both out.

My 3ds has similar markings on the buttons, however it is much smaller that what is on yours, so it is more or less negligible. I see it as a non-issue to be honest.

baconcow

Anyone else have these?

I'll check both out.

You're lucky. My start and select buttons are jammed and barely work, and my EB Games would not order me another and said I had to wait and get one when available. BTW, those are plastic marks created during manufacturing. Mien have them and you will likely get one with them. If you have a good screen, you might want to hold onto your current unit. You could end up with broken start and select or stuck pixels.

You're lucky. My start and select buttons are jammed and barely work, and my EB Games would not order me another and said I had to wait and get one when available. BTW, those are plastic marks created during manufacturing. Mien have them and you will likely get one with them. If you have a good screen, you might want to hold onto your current unit. You could end up with broken start and select or stuck pixels.

Yeah. I'll probably stick with the one I have. No dead pixels, buttons all work great, 3D works perfectly.

Lizardus

If the only thing you want is an undamaged box, why don't you just buy someone's box? keep your statue and games.

I am assuming you can put everything back in and seal it without any problem

Really didn't like how Amazon packed those MM LEs face down; at least one of the two made it unscathed through the mail. I suppose I should be happy it was at least shipped in a box compared to the bubble mailer Future Shop used for the Skyward Sword LE a couple years back.

Really didn't like how Amazon packed those MM LEs face down; at least one of the two made it unscathed through the mail. I suppose I should be happy it was at least shipped in a box compared to the bubble mailer Future Shop used for the Skyward Sword LE a couple years back.

I hear you on the SS LE. Surprisingly Amazon actually put my MM face up, with plenty of packing paper inside to keep it from moving. It even shipped later than my MH N3DS and got here earlier. Mind blowing stuff from Amazon.ca this time heh.

Maximus.

Dude. They aren't available anywhere.

EB even let me look at the other ones they had for other preorders and they were even worse.

Do you even know what were talking about?

Hey man I understand it sucks when something doesn't meet your expectations, but we get it, you want to trade your item with someone else. Don't need to get defensive when people ask you questions. Perhaps even take asking people to PM. You have posted a lot asking for a trade or venting about all the issues you have with your stuff, which we can all understand sucks.

More like $70
$35 for Byron to ship his
$35 for the other person to ship his to Byron

And I wouldnt pay the shipping costs if I'm the one doing the trading (I already opened mine!).

EB even let me look at the other ones they had for other preorders and they were even worse.

If you were just buying it for the box then why buy a damaged box? Save your money for the next box you want to buy

If the game and statue were undamaged then the box did it's job

I hear you on the SS LE. Surprisingly Amazon actually put my MM face up, with plenty of packing paper inside to keep it from moving. It even shipped later than my MH N3DS and got here earlier. Mind blowing stuff from Amazon.ca this time heh.

Haha, guess I drew the short end of the stick then. Not like I'll be keeping the one with the tears, that will go to my sister I covered by ordering an extra one for. Talking to her she just wanted the statue more than anything so I doubt she'll mind.

Hey man I understand it sucks when something doesn't meet your expectations, but we get it, you want to trade your item with someone else. Don't need to get defensive when people ask you questions. Perhaps even take asking people to PM. You have posted a lot asking for a trade or venting about all the issues you have with your stuff, which we can all understand sucks.

Done

Palehorse

My MMLE has been on a truck coming from Toronto for the last 5 days. I sincerely doubt it's going to come in any kind of great condition.

Good thing I don't care. Sorry Byron.

DVCY201

My box is crumpled on the bottom left, it's not pretty. But, I live with it, because realistically it's something minor. If I were you, I'd just let it go and be glad that you at least have the whole package

Maximus.

He was like Donny...out of his element.

I did say PM me.

In two weeks I got a damaged MM LE box (ripped and dented), marked up Toon Link and King Dedede and a marked up MM N3DSXL.

I've spent hundreds of dollars in a few weeks and keep getting fucked over.

To be fair my MM LE has a crumpled corner, many Amiibos I have bought have imperfections (Ex. Bowsers eye isn't even appropriately aligned), and my MM 3DS XL has glue residue on the plastic and the same buttons as yours. We all just react to these things in different ways. I have spent hundreds of dollars recently too and not everything that is mass produced is going to be pristine and perfect, especially if it goes through multiple rounds of shipping to get to me.

Top Bottom