• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

IceIpor

Was in Target this morning, not sure if it was posted yet but looks like game systems are now 20% off and games 15%.

Not alot of selection but none the less. Seems higher than the 10% that I recall being said before.
Sorry.
It might just be the Target around your area.. Because I reread the notes and scanned the items. Still 10% off systems for the foreseeable future.

Dazzler

He was like Donny...out of his element.

I did say PM me.

In two weeks I got a damaged MM LE box (ripped and dented), marked up Toon Link and King Dedede and a marked up MM N3DSXL.

I've spent hundreds of dollars in a few weeks and keep getting fucked over.

I genuinely worry for you if you ever have to face any actual issues in your life

Is it just Nintendo stuff that comes damaged?

I forgot NeoGaf had an ignore feature!

Target is supposedly increasing the discounts tomorrow, so by next week maybe games will be ok prices?

Jinto

Amazon charged me for my Skull Kid LE! For awhile there, I was actually convinced I wasn't get gonna get it, so even if the box is slightly damaged, I'm just glad it's coming at all.

I would prefer that the box arrive undamaged, but I'm sure there are people who really wanted one who weren't able to get one.

Anyway, so happy right now! :D

So............... how about that snow?

Last weeks snowfall was higher than my damn snowblower. Having two driveways sucks in the winter. My wife refuses to let me retire one for the winter because she likes to park in the second garage that's attached to the house sometimes when getting groceries. Ugh.

vulva

No snow for me! Down in LA on business til tomorrow, then off to Vegas for a weekend before classes start up again.

Byron Bluth said:
Please leave me alone. I will report to mods if necessary.
how old are you? If it's one person calling you out, maybe they're just a jerk. If the general consensus is that you're acting irrationally then maybe you need to re-evaluate some things.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The big strip mall thing here refuses to clear the walk in the areas not directly attached to their property, which makes walking a bitch. They do it like several days after a big snowfall.

No snow for me! Down in LA on business til tomorrow, then off to Vegas for a weekend before classes start up again.

how old are you? If it's one person calling you out, maybe they're just a jerk. If the general consensus is that you're acting irrationally then maybe you need to re-evaluate some things.

You are the only one personally attacking me yes. I sent you that PM to please leave me alone.

Takuan

Canada Post apparently delivered my MM n3DS to the wrong address, because I have no idea who signed for and accepted my package.

Yay!

Maximus.

It's kind of pathetic seeing all the drama in the Canadian threads recently. Is this what happens in a lot of community threads?

Jinto

Sorry.
It might just be the Target around your area.. Because I reread the notes and scanned the items. Still 10% off systems for the foreseeable future.

I forgot to check consoles when I was at Target a few days ago. I wouldn't mind grabbing another Vita at 20% off.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
The bullshit and venting is consuming the regular deals and discussions.

Can we make a separate thread for it? That's how things work right

It's funny because in the N3DSXL launch thread I posted the pic and details about my buttons and had no complaints and only help.

Here I am met with salt, snark and attacks.

Why?

Ditto the MM LE in the MM OT.

It's funny because in the N3DSXL launch thread I posted the pic and details about my buttons and had no complaints and only help.

Why?

It's probably because those topics are on topic in those threads. You'd probably even have a better chance of finding a trade there. I have no problem with you asking here if you want, I would too, but it's probably not worth posting again and again. I think people have a general beef with cross posting too

Sajjaja

I humbly request everyone no longer acknowledge the drama and stop posting about it. Full stop.

Everyone's next post shall be about shipping and the mailman having a crooked smile.

mdubs

Banned

Why?

Well Byron I am going to take a stab at answering this question as a neutral observer, but I'd like you too keep in mind I bear no ill-will towards you and am just saying what I see. I particularly appreciate your contributions in the amiibo thread which have been very helpful to everyone.

You take things super-personally and get confrontational about perceived slights against you. Now I'm not saying that everyone here has been super nice to you or something, but I think the way in which you deal with people in this thread is probably a big part of it. In addition I think your over-zealousness in posting about your MM LE is annoying to some people as well because it's gotten past you ranting about one thing since you've done that about a few other things as well, plus the reposting and cross-posting.

Anyways that's all, again I don't have anything against you I'm just trying to help you understand what might be a reason behind this reaction.

I humbly request everyone no longer acknowledge the drama and stop posting about it. Full stop.

Everyone's next post shall be about shipping and the mailman having a crooked smile.

But I like my mailman! I saw your post after I posted this.

Maximus.

Why?

Well first of all each thread is different. In those threads you haven't been posting consistently and built a reputation. Whereas here, you're more prominent and clearly there is a disconnect with what you think is ok and what other people who disagree with you think is ok.

It's not wrong to vent or ask for help, but when you are constantly doing it, then people notice and get annoyed. Just like you complaining about a product or service, people will complain about your complaining.

I posted looking to trade MM LEs twice over the course of two days and multiple pages in between posts. I see no issue with that.

In regards to how I react to people. People directly attack me and/or make fun of my situation instead of helping. That is more off topic and unhelpful as a community more than anything.

Anyways. I won't be looking to help people out in this thread much longer if this continues. I don't care when others vent or whatever.

I've had 4 damaged items and 1 lost and now found package in a matter of two weeks. If I can't talk about that here then so be it.

Ryne

So Amazon.ca has also shipped my MM LE w/ skull kid figure. I'm 3 for 3 with pre-orders for this LE, hopefully it doesn't come damaged.

Palehorse

Shipping post!

Purolator just attempted delivery of MMLE according to tracking and now my package will be held at the local office tomorrow. Why tomorrow? Why not tonight as they close at 7pm? Is the driver just going to let it sit in his truck over night?

Why don't they just leave it like Canada Post? I suppose it's safer this way but man now I've got an extra day to wait.

/shipping post

Anyone have experience with FedEx? Do they just drop the package at your door or can I pick it up?

It's an xbox one

They need you to sign for the package or you have to pick it up. You can sign up for their "safe drop" option which gets you a barcode sticker which their couriers can scan instead of having you sign for it.

Top Bottom