• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Anyone have experience with FedEx? Do they just drop the package at your door or can I pick it up?

It's an xbox one

Every carrier will attempt a delivery at home first. When did it ship? If you call them you can have them hold it at the facility but it takes 1-2 business days to communicate it. So it will likely attempt delivery at least once.

Firestar

Shipping post!

Purolator just attempted delivery of MMLE according to tracking and now my package will be held at the local office tomorrow. Why tomorrow? Why not tonight as they close at 7pm? Is the driver just going to let it sit in his truck over night?

Why don't they just leave it like Canada Post? I suppose it's safer this way but man now I've got an extra day to wait.

/shipping post

Purolator is by far the worst courier. I avoid them at all costs. They totally quit everytime we get even a little bit of snow, they don't move items from the truck until the next morning, and if you miss a friday you're screwed until Monday. Not to mention here we have 3 different Canada posts offices closer to me than the 1 purolator place that's down the highway 15 minutes. Oh, and it closes at 5pm. How freaking stupid is that. I wish places would stop using them.
/end purolator rant

Shipping post!

Purolator just attempted delivery of MMLE according to tracking and now my package will be held at the local office tomorrow. Why tomorrow? Why not tonight as they close at 7pm? Is the driver just going to let it sit in his truck over night?

Why don't they just leave it like Canada Post? I suppose it's safer this way but man now I've got an extra day to wait.

/shipping post

you could probably give it a shot tonight and have a good chance, they just say tomorrow to be safe. i do that all the time with canada post, they say tomorrow after one, but most of the time i just go it later that day its there.

Shipping post!

/shipping post

It likely is at the facility based on my experience

Palehorse

you could probably give it a shot tonight and have a good chance, they just say tomorrow to be safe. i do that all the time with canada post, they say tomorrow after one, but most of the time i just go it later that day its there.

Yeah I've done that too with good success. I'll phone the local office and see if they can give me hope.

Update: So Purolator trucks go back to the 'depot' at the end of the night, packages are resorted and then put on one truck to be sent to the local office in the AM. I phoned and they assured me that the package should be there at 8AM when they open up.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Aww that's too bad. Amazon shipped out my final two
Amiibos
yesterday through UPS from BC to Scarborough, and they arrived today.

Really didn't like how Amazon packed those MM LEs face down; at least one of the two made it unscathed through the mail. I suppose I should be happy it was at least shipped in a box compared to the bubble mailer Future Shop used for the Skyward Sword LE a couple years back.

Mine came face down from Amazon too. Surprise they package them that way without extra padding on the bottom of the box. Glad I shipped it with another item though since it was undamaged.

So my Majora's Mask LE is shipping....all the way from Richmond. I live in Mississauga. Oh well, at least I'm getting one.

Had mine from Mississauga. Kind of weird since I live in BC. They should probably ship closer to minimize damage.

Jinto

Amazon just shipped my MMLE via UPS. It's not scheduled to arrive until Tuesday. What happened to free 2 day shipping with prime? Same thing with my guide. It's not scheduled to arrive until tomorrow. It shipped on Friday. :/

I have offered cocopuffs my Amazon copy for cost + shipping, just making sure we don't double offer or something

oh, awesome! glad to hear it, as long as someone helped him out. I try to help Gaffers when I can, but his story pissed me off to no end, so I wanted to make sure he got one haha.

You're a good man!

Amazon just shipped my MMLE via UPS. It's not scheduled to arrive until Tuesday. What happened to free 2 day shipping with prime? Same thing with my guide. It's not scheduled to arrive until tomorrow. It shipped on Friday. :/

did you select that option? if so, i'd chat with them and complain. it's literally the service you're paying for.

edit sorry for two posts

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
<amazon laughs>

Jinto

did you select that option? if so, i'd chat with them and complain. it's literally the service you're paying for.

edit sorry for two posts

Yeah, it automatically selects the 2 day option for you. I'll definitely give them a call. My subscription runs out in a couple of weeks. If they expect me to renew, they should provide better service. I have been pretty happy with Prime before this.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Salty.

We should also make a thread for people asking for new threads.
a1bb882e5b520af2b3236a89b91af17d4c8d348175269d1b3b644d186867a92e.png

Shipping post!

/shipping post

Purolator is Canada Post lol

CKB3375

**New Deal**

For anyone looking to pick up The Order:1886 this weekend, Walmart is giving away a $20 WM gift card with purchase of the game (@$69.99). One of the better gaming deals on a new release in recent memory.

Ok, so Amazon.ca sent me an email regarding my MM LE order. Apparently, my cc info was wrong
it was, lol
and I updated it, but now I'm wondering if that means that it's close to shipping. Has anyone received shipping notifications for their MM LE's?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Ok, so Amazon.ca sent me an email regarding my MM LE order. Apparently, my cc info was wrong
it was, lol
and I updated it, but now I'm wondering if that means that it's close to shipping. Has anyone received shipping notifications for their MM LE's?
Yeah, my second copy (for Kuro) shipped today from BC and the expected delivery date is Tuesday here in Toronto.

Amazon just sent me an email saying they cancelled my rosalina amiibo order.
Well, that sucks. :(

Just in case anyone was keeping an eye out for it:

You can preorder xenoblade chronicles for the n3dsxl from ebgames and gamestops in Canada for $44.99. But you can only do it in-store for some reason (there is still no online listing for it).

Well, that sucks. :(

Just in case anyone was keeping an eye out for it:

You can preorder xenoblade chronicles for the n3dsxl from ebgames and gamestops in Canada for $44.99. But you can only do it in-store for some reason (there is still no online listing for it).

I guess I'm going in store to do this tomorrow!

Top Bottom