• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

ahdurian

Well, that sucks. :(

Just in case anyone was keeping an eye out for it:

You can preorder xenoblade chronicles for the n3dsxl from ebgames and gamestops in Canada for $44.99. But you can only do it in-store for some reason (there is still no online listing for it).

thanks for the heads-up

I guess I'm going in store to do this tomorrow!
They also now have web-in-store ordering apparently where they will order it online for you and have it ship it to your house (I tried to do it with xenoblade, but since there is no online listing for it, it didn't work).

Funny thing is that they said that you'd have to do a minimum order of $75 to get free shipping which I thought was silly, but someone else at another register managed to get free shipping and their order was about $50 or so.

CRA5H

If anyone with a n3DSXL are curious about the status of the Canadian availability for the Hori TPU clear cases, retailers are awaiting the strike to end as all their shipments are stuck while the strike is being resolved.

CRA5H

Anyone have experience ordering from Nintendo's Online shop?

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/ca/po/index.jsp

I just bought a Wii U Expandable Gamepad battery, a new Gamepad charger, and a 3DS charger for when I get a NEW 3DS.

I opted for standard shipping and was wondering how long it generally takes?

Hopefully not more than a month...
I bought the gamepad extended battery and it took a week to get from BC to my doorstep in Ontario.

DVCY201

If anyone with a n3DSXL are curious about the status of the Canadian availability for the Hori TPU clear cases, retailers are awaiting the strike to end as all their shipments are stuck while the strike is being resolved.

I've been wondering about this. I don't want to take my 3DS outside until I have one of these on it

stn

Kind of urgent: anyone have good experience with Shop.ca? They're running a "get $50 off if you use PayPal". Has anyone used this promo before? Did it work as intended? Would appreciate a quick response if possible because I'm literally at the check out page. Thanks GAF!

Kind of urgent: anyone have good experience with Shop.ca? They're running a "get $50 off if you use PayPal". Has anyone used this promo before? Did it work as intended? Would appreciate a quick response if possible because I'm literally at the check out page. Thanks GAF!

Bought from there when the site launched, didn't have any issues.

I had a pain of an experience, but that was when the PS4 launched, they just got into videogames, and they were probably getting hammered. Still, they don't have nearly enough stock for me to take the plunge again.

ohlawd

yeah it works fine. did the "40 off if you spend 100 at shop.ca using paypal" last time.

I'd use the new offer but iunno what to get

stn

But you were only charged the PayPal amount, right? The lesser amount not showing up on Shop.ca is what's making me pause. Thanks.

Luigi87

Are any games there even worthy of the trip? I feel like I'm more attracted to the accessories than the games itself.

Store by store basis.

Heck, today my store received a bunch of Vita + Borderlands 2 bundles... My store hasn't received a single Vita unit since that bundle came out last May, which has me wondering how long they've just been sitting in the warehouse.

CRA5H

Store by store basis.

Heck, today my store received a bunch of Vita + Borderlands 2 bundles... My store hasn't received a single Vita unit since that bundle came out last May, which has me wondering how long they've just been sitting in the warehouse.
Oh cool. My friend was looking for a vita so maybe the store near my work could have stocked some from the warehouse too. Not keeping my hopes up though lol

In case anyone missed this, PSN is having a Critic's Choice sale. There are some pretty good prices on several AAA games plus much more. Sony is making it very easy for me to spend money every week. I am not sure if this good or bad. 😊

Sony is also offering a $15 credit if you spend $100 on PSN. Offer ends February 24, 2015.

Cheers

Woohoo!

The Order Collectors Edition just shipped out from Amazon Canada and will be here on Friday.

They gave it to me for $55 with tax due to my Premium Edition being cancelled and free two day shipping.

Come on Friday or sooner!

I got my Collector's Edition for $16.80 after tax and same-day shipping. They matched the price error they had on the Premium Edition.

Stage On

When's the latest Purolator will typically deliver at?

I've been waiting all day for my copy of Majora's mask to come in since they gave me an estimated delivery time of February 18th but given that it's past 10pm here and still nothing I somehow doubt that's going to come true

Aerocia

I've been waiting all day for my copy of Majora's mask to come in since they gave me an estimated delivery time of February 18th but given that it's past 10pm here and still nothing I somehow doubt that's going to come true

lol you're lucky if they'll even deliver to your door/leave it in your mailbox. I've had to pick up my stuff from them every time. I doubt you'll get your package this late..

ahdurian

yeah, doubt it
i just typed out my experience with Purolator for my MH N3DS to my friend

Package was supposed to arrive last Friday.
They said my status was set as "missing delivery", because the truck couldn't come to our area because it was too packed and didn't have time to deliver.

Asked them to bring it to the depot on Friday night so I can pick it up, and they said the request was put in.
Package never came to the depot.

Asked them again on Monday (through the live chat/twitter) to make another request to drop it at the depot on Tuesday, since Monday was Family Day, and they again said the request was put in.
Again, the package never came to the depot.

Asked them today if I can pick it up at the depot since it said the new delivery date is the 18th (today). They said they would have the depot call me when it's ready
Never got a call, e-mail, notice, or anything, so it again never came to the depot.

Now they're saying probably at 10am tomorrow they're going to update me when i can pick up the package

Maybe Amazon will ship out my "free super saver shipping " order order in decent time instead of the usual a week after release if they start to see a bunch of cancellations.

IceIpor

So.. Now that the store is open.. Prices at target have dropped again.

DVDs/music/blu-ray are at 40% off
Gaming software and electronics/TVs/audio 20%
Most things increased by 10% off
Gaming hardware oddly is still at 10% off, except for the xb1 (non-bundle) which is at 20% off.

Found a copy of tales of xillia that I didn't need. It's clearance at $12.

So.. Now that the store is open.. Prices at target have dropped again.

DVDs/music/blu-ray are at 40% off
Gaming software and electronics/TVs/audio 20%
Most things increased by 10% off
Gaming hardware oddly is still at 10% off, except for the xb1 (non-bundle) which is at 20% off.

Found a copy of tales of xillia that I didn't need. It's clearance at $12.

Ok. I think I am going to have to try to head there after work.

Socreges

Banned
Has anyone been able to find a New 3DSXL in stock ANYWHERE in Vancouver? I can't find jack anywhere instore...
Hah! This just reminded me that I'd preordered one (late) for whenever they get back in stock. Then I remembered that I'd gotten a couple voicemails earlier in the week that I had neglected because I was too busy. So, just listened to a few from EB telling me I had until Thursday (today). So we'll see if they haven't gotten rid of it yet.

When EBGames says that they are holding you pre order for 2 days, how do they count the 2 days? Tuesday and Wednesday? Or Tuesday to Wednesday and Wednesday to Thursday?

I think it's Tuesday and Wednesday.

If you can't pick it up until Thursday try and give them a call.

They never called me to tell me that my pre order was in... I gave them a call yesterday and they say that they will not be stocks problem. We'll see. As long as I still get my pre order bonus. Usually I don't care but this time I do.

Top Bottom