• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

So.. Now that the store is open.. Prices at target have dropped again.

DVDs/music/blu-ray are at 40% off
Gaming software and electronics/TVs/audio 20%
Most things increased by 10% off
Gaming hardware oddly is still at 10% off, except for the xb1 (non-bundle) which is at 20% off.

Found a copy of tales of xillia that I didn't need. It's clearance at $12.

Maybe time to stock up on Gum and Chocolate, I think it was already 20% off during the first week.

Alucard

Banned
Yeah gonna check it out this afternoon with my son. Hoping to nab a bluray player (we don't have one)

Not sure on player discounts. I want one too, but won't bite unless it's minimum 30 percent off. Ideally, 40-50.

I have yet to go to Target since the purge, are videogames still 10% off? I have been looking to pick up Smash

Edit. Saw 20% off not bad!

Yep. 20 percent. I'm waiting for 30 percent off before biting on some 3DS games.

mdubs

Banned
I still can't get over the fact that we have a 3DS game (DS2) that is going to cost $59.99 on release. Truly this is the end.

I spent like 30 minutes going through the CD section the other day and didn't find anything of note. It was also poorly organized, though I can't blame the staff for not fixing the mess left by customers. Didn't look at the DVD/BR's but I bet the good stuff will go fast.

I find that even with 30-40% off it only matches other retailers like Amazon.

If something has a Clearance tag on it, will that price be discounted or will the regular price be used?

kennah

I spent like 30 minutes going through the CD section the other day and didn't find anything of note. It was also poorly organized, though I can't blame the staff for not fixing the mess left by customers. Didn't look at the DVD/BR's but I bet the good stuff will go fast.

I find that even with 30-40% off it only matches other retailers like Amazon.

If something has a Clearance tag on it, will that price be discounted or will the regular price be used?
Regular price.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Have any Canadians been able to pick up Dead or Alive 5 Last Round for Playstation 4 anywhere? I can't find it anywhere (Manitoba), Bestbuy and Futureshop sites say unavailable, Walmart didn't have it, even amazon.ca says backordered for 2 months....

schlew

Have any Canadians been able to pick up Dead or Alive 5 Last Round for Playstation 4 anywhere? I can't find it anywhere (Manitoba), Bestbuy and Futureshop sites say unavailable, Walmart didn't have it, even amazon.ca says backordered for 2 months....

It's available at my local EBs, but I'm not in Manitoba so I doubt that's of any help. But yeah, I've seen it.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
It's available at my local EBs, but I'm not in Manitoba so I doubt that's of any help. But yeah, I've seen it.

Ah thanks! Their site does show some stock in my area's stores...... I just didn't check there as I try to avoid EB when possible :/

Found a few copies at EB Games. Might be better to go digital though. It's $39.99 on PSN with no taxes as opposed to $44.99 plus tax at retail.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Also I am sure this has been posted but I am guessing Target isn't selling any points cards?

Points cards have no value until activated, so they've been off the shelves since the day they announced Target's departure from Canada.

Side note; I'm glad I bought a few hundred dollars worth of eShop cards during Target's error that had them at 25% off last year. It was great to basically save 25% off all my Nintendo purchases for many months.

Ugh. My The Order CE arrived in town early this morning but isn't out for delivery and the date changed to a delivery date for tomorrow.

Is this because of Amazon sticking to tomorrow's release date? Really annoying.

(mat)

Asked this in the N3DS thread, but...

Anybody know of any grips for the N3DS XL yet? Has this been discussed?

I've found this one, but I hate waiting thirteen years for things to arrive. Anyone know anywhere selling this with faster shipping to Canada?

I trust the product, as I have the same brand for my old XL. Great grip.

Tiktaalik

So.. Now that the store is open.. Prices at target have dropped again.

DVDs/music/blu-ray are at 40% off
Gaming software and electronics/TVs/audio 20%
Most things increased by 10% off
Gaming hardware oddly is still at 10% off, except for the xb1 (non-bundle) which is at 20% off.

Found a copy of tales of xillia that I didn't need. It's clearance at $12.

Hmm what would Vita memory cards be at? 10% as game hardware or more?

Palehorse

Just got an email from Amazon that my preorder now qualified for release day shipping and I've been upgraded for no charge...

...on Uncharted 4, which has no release date.

Tapejara

While I've saved some cash with Amazon, I'm thinking I might start switching pre-orders over to EB Games. None of the games I order seem to have release date delivery anymore; I'm still waiting on DOA5: Last Round, which is apparently arriving next week. At the same time, EB's started raising prices to $74.99, so I'm a bit conflicted.

Maybe I'll just go with Futureshop for future orders, depending on the E3 deals.

While I've saved some cash with Amazon, I'm thinking I might start switching pre-orders over to EB Games. None of the games I order seem to have release date delivery anymore; I'm still waiting on DOA5: Last Round, which is apparently arriving next week. At the same time, EB's started raising prices to $74.99, so I'm a bit conflicted.

Maybe I'll just go with Futureshop for future orders, depending on the E3 deals.

i would never switch solely to EB, their system is way too archaic when it comes to things like altering payments and such. plus the prices are comparable, but never competitive. BB and FS are almost always spot on for me, only trouble is sometimes Amazon has better deals.

I'm kind of bummed that Shoppers has not received any N3DS XLs yet. At a glance from this weekend's flyer, they are still advertising the 3DS XL and the 2DS. Too bad, since it's a 20x weekend.

No_Style

Today I learned that FutureShop/BestBuy won't process returns for unreleased items.

Tried to return my copy of The Order 1886 which I apparently had since Tuesday. (I didn't check my mailbox until today)

isny

napkin dispenser
Wanted Frozen, Muppet's Most Wanted and a few Ghibli blu-rays. Only Muppet's was in stock, paid $16.xx for it after the 40% off. Picked up some ink for my printer at 20% off, actually a better deal than buying it at staples or anywhere else.

(At Target)

stn

Any of you use Cash Converters to sell stuff? I have a few things that are a bit redundant (ex. multiple PC game controllers) and am literally looking to make space. Any experiences? Thanks!

isny

napkin dispenser
Any of you use Cash Converters to sell stuff? I have a few things that are a bit redundant (ex. multiple PC game controllers) and am literally looking to make space. Any experiences? Thanks!

They're still around? o_O

Big Chungus

shit, forgot i preorder the order on amazon about a year ago. how easy is it to cancel and return a shipped video game to amazon? will i get charged?

-Sent from my iPhone

ViP space

Neo Member
Kind of urgent: anyone have good experience with Shop.ca? They're running a "get $50 off if you use PayPal". Has anyone used this promo before? Did it work as intended? Would appreciate a quick response if possible because I'm literally at the check out page. Thanks GAF!

I've shopped with them many times. Never had a problem and would recommend them. Check out Ebates.ca before shopping with them. Sometimes they have 20-25% cash back, except on gaming stuff.

curb

Banned
shit, forgot i preorder the order on amazon about a year ago. how easy is it to cancel and return a shipped video game to amazon? will i get charged?

-Sent from my iPhone

Did you do that or does your phone just stick that into text fields in your browser?

-Sent from my iPhone

if you're returning it simply because you don't want it, you'll be charged something like $3-5 shipping.

Top Bottom