• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

the trucks just keep getting bigger and bigger at target, nearly 2000 pieces and getting other stores trucks sucks, and next week we're only scheduled for 4 hour days for the 5 truck days. hahaha good luck with that. Plus we get that top up pay from the trust fund so we dont have to kill ourselves, our TL's gonna be pissed, heh.

Can you explain like this like I'm 5,didnt get any of that, are you getting shipments full of products from other targets?

isny

napkin dispenser
Can you explain like this like I'm 5,didnt get any of that, are you getting shipments full of products from other targets?

Tons of inventory coming in, not enough hours scheduled to unload and put out said inventory is what I think he was trying to state.

Ventara

OMG, I just saw that Devil Survivor 2 for the 3DS is $60 on Amazon. Please tell me that's a placeholder price. Are we on our way to $80 games? I already see a few $75 games.

Giontatas26

Neo Member
Slightly OT...

Have a virtually untouched copy of Evolve with DLC still unused for sale if a Montrealer would be interested!

If this isn't permitted just delete it - figured with the Order posts around should be okay.

isny

napkin dispenser
I'm sure it would take off, I can see myself using it.

mckenzie_bros.jpg

Megasoum

Banned
I'm wondering if it would be worth to create a canadian BST thread? I almost never use the current one because I assume buyers / sellers are from US.

Not a bad idea. The only issue I would have is that it would split the digital sales market in two.

For everything physical the BST is useless to us but for the digital stuff we can still get some great deals... I guess it's less a factor now that Steam went to shit recently.

Ryne

I'm sure it would take off, I can see myself using it.
I can see myself using it too, messaging a lot of people on the current BST thread, and having them tell me that they don't ship up north is sad.

Especially when you really really want that copy of Disgaea :(

I have used this thread to sell to locals without issue. I don't really have an issue with others doing it either. If we start getting a lot of them we can create a BST thread.

OMG, I just saw that Devil Survivor 2 for the 3DS is $60 on Amazon. Please tell me that's a placeholder price. Are we on our way to $80 games? I already see a few $75 games.

I put a pre-order in at Amazon when they first put it up, it was $50 back then. I was afraid this would happen.

I'm fine with people posting in the bst thread then cross posting here. As long as people don't start spamming the thread.

Agreed. I think a single post is enough. If it starts to become a thing a Canadian BST would probably be best.

Buying and selling in the regular BST thread is always problematic as a Canadian.

I put a pre-order in at Amazon when they first put it up, it was $50 back then. I was afraid this would happen.

I am a little concerned about the fact that Xenoblade 3DS hasn't gone up for presale yet.

Dazzler

Would love a Canadian BST thread

I don't even look at the other one because I assume it's full of people who won't ship to Canada

I'd use it a lot

isny

napkin dispenser
does anyone know if those super smash Wii U 3rd party gamecube pads works as classic controllers for other games like Mario Kart 8, VC games etc?

The Hori ones do (and are the only third party one you should buy, the knock off brand ones that look similar to the Hori ones are crap.)

I would like to see a BST for Canada. Why not just let it happen in this thread?

Add in a rule that the post must have full price with a shipping option so there aren't lots of questions clogging up this thread. Any questions must be by PM. First person to post "I will take it." buys the item (must also quote original sale post). Original sale post can be edited later to show sold - again all to limit questions. Let this happen for two weeks to see how busy it gets - and then decide if a Canadian BST needs it's own thread.

Cheers

N° 2048

A storm is coming
b1af684e2a.jpg

$59.99 in US

As much as I love keeping up with new releases and talking with peeps while the hype is fresh, I can't justify Day1 releases anymore.

Some games are the exception, like those long hour open world ones. (Dying Light, GTA V, Watch_Dogs)

farisr

I think they're definitely going to find sales die down at that price by a big amount, and at the very least will go back to 69.99 shortly after.

Still have my $40 preorder locked in for MGSV from 2013 (so glad they didn't turn that preorder into a ground zeroes one and are doing it for phantom pain instead).

At this rate those E3 deals may not even be worth it to me anymore if this newer price ends up being the regular one. I guess it may really force me to go through my backlog rather than get distracted by new games.

Top Bottom