• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Sealtest

If I pre-order at ebgames, and the price goes up, do I get charged the new price or the old one?

If its fully paid out before the price changes you keep the old price. And if they don't you just report them to the DM and Customer Support and you'll get the original price.

So $75 is going to be the new standard? I'm seriously thinking of selling my PS4 and going back to PC and 3DS gaming if that's going to be the case.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Sorry for being a little off topic, but I figured I'd get good suggestions here.

I've recently moved to Ontario (Niagara region) from the US, and I need to buy a subwoofer cable. The stores in my area have them but they are of course preposterously expensive. Is there an online retailer comparable to Monoprice.com that operates in Canada? I basically can't live with spending more than 5-10 on a cable, max.

Any recommendations?

Ryde3

A storm is coming
b1af684e2a.jpg

$59.99 in US

jeez, depressing.

ohlawd

makes me wish everything got announced around E3 time so I can get deals for them

I'm buying about four games full price (handheld games tho) before June.

FluxWaveZ

It's a real bummer that this has to happen in a year where I'll potentially be buying more games than previous ones. Well, as long as they continue with the E3 deals, I guess...

... and I need to buy a subwoofer cable. The stores in my area have them but they are of course preposterously expensive. Is there an online retailer comparable to Monoprice.com that operates in Canada? I basically can't live with spending more than 5-10 on a cable, max.

Any recommendations?
I use Monoprice for all my cable needs. Keep the order under $20, excluding shipping, and you won't be hit with extra charges. Even my larger Monoprice order get little in extra charges because they use USPS ( and then Canada Post).

Cheers

BadHand

Is anyone here even going bother with e3 preorders this year if the base price is $74.99? I know i'm not.

Preordering games years in advance is too much of a risk at that price.

The Order 1886 Is disappointing but then again i paid $44 inc. taxes, $58-59 after tax would sting.

mdubs

Banned
Only game I will pay that much for is Persona 5, which I would pay like $299.99 alone. The rest of the games, nope.gif.

Luckily I'm insulated for now thanks to e3 preorders but next year I'll really start feeling the sting.

You can always cancel or return it........it's not like the game becomes soulbound

yup. I completely empathize with the "don't preorder games" mentality, but this $70+ thing is a special circumstance. If i have a chance to buy games for $50, i'm gonna take it for damn near every game i'm somewhat interested in.

Maximus.

Wow $75 for a game? Yea not buying games at release at all. I only have so many games left in previous preorders, so I guess I will be waiting a few months to pick up titles.

Reminds me of $100 N64 games. Hopefully we'll reach a point where most stop buying games at launch and publishers will be more concerned about getting units off the shelf than trying to match the US dollar.

FluxWaveZ

Is anyone here even going bother with e3 preorders this year if the base price is $74.99? I know i'm not.

There are several games that I really want to get day 1 this year that I'll have to do this for. Persona 5 (PS4) is a big one. I might not be pre-ordering for any games coming after 2015, though.

I'll have to rely more on renting games than I have before.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
To tell the truth, $75 or $80 won't really stop me for games I really want. The only thing it'll do is delay me on games I sorta want.

Savitar

Remember the SNES era when there was a lack of chips and cartridges got super expensive.

I'm talking 100 plus.

Remember how we heard how CD's and all would help reduce such cost?

Sadly few really factored in the development cost of games would one day cost as they exist now.

It's why so many studios have died, fewer can compete. Cost are high.

And our dollar sucks.

Guess I'm only getting Phantom Pain, The Division, Kingdom Hearts and Xenoblade Chronicles X this year then (from my previous E3 orders). No Uncharted 4, Zelda or Starfox. :'(

SickBoy

Has anyone tried to trade in The Order @EB? (Other than the guy with the CE?)

Just curious what TIV they're offering. I appreciate that the CE guy said he was offered $25 for the sealed collector's, but I've found that EB has often been weird about trade-ins of CE games (original Bioshock, for example, when it was trading for about $10, the CE was worth essentially nothing).

Roto13

And also:

3379ac75dc.jpg

For reference: $74.99 with 30% off is $52.49

Let's nuke Saudi Arabia

This hurts. The one upcoming game I felt like I might not be able to stop myself from paying $70 for.
Konami has sent me review copies of Kojipro games in the past. Save me, Konami PR!

NolbertoS

Wow, CDN retailers are stupidly jacking up prices too high. Thank god, I live close to the border, so have Amazon.com and BB GCU to buy cheap games on sale anytime. I would suggest more Canadians do that, if gaming prices are getting outta hand.

trixx

Just noticed I didn't get e3 pre-order deal on Kirby: Rainbow Curse, so I guess I'm returning that.

My god $75 for a game is actually a thing. Canadian dollar must be real low right now, yeesh. Looks like xenoblade, splatoon and Zelda are last purchases of the year.

Top Bottom