• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

isny

napkin dispenser
get the koodo $55 Sk/mb plan. You'll have to bring your own phone which drops the cost to 49.50. Check howardforums on how to get the plan.

Otherwise your only choice is wind or paying more than double for less.

Do they offer fairly unlimited data, and LTE?

big_z

Do they offer fairly unlimited data, and LTE?

Koodo uses the telus network so coverage is the same. The 55 plan is 5GB LTE, unlimited everything else nationwide.

It's the best plan you can get in canada outside of wind and their limitations. There's very specific instructions on how to get the plan on Howard forum. You must read carefully.

isny

napkin dispenser
Koodo uses the telus network so coverage is the same. The 55 plan is 5GB LTE, unlimited everything else nationwide.

It's the best plan you can get in canada outside of wind and their limitations.

May have to think about this, having almost no reception at home where I live now with Wind. Would hate to leave though...but I think the biggest kicker would be losing the unlimited U.S. coverage for only $15 a month.

It's the best plan you can get in canada outside of wind and their limitations. There's very specific instructions on how to get the plan on Howard forum. You must read carefully.

Man, that plan is tempting. I'm terrified I'd fuck it up though

Returners

Do you have the link?

big_z

Do you have the link?

go to the koodo section on howardforum(its a telus sub forum) You can't miss the threads.

Man, that plan is tempting. I'm terrified I'd fuck it up though

Just make sure you read carefully. You can only get the plan in store. There's a step by step process on the site.

I'm the one that discovered you could get their Sk/mb plans outside the province. Others have refined the process greatly since then. It's pretty straight forward at this point.

UberTag

I mean, there's Wind, but then you have to be at the mercy of Wind's service.
How bad is Wind's service in actuality?
'Cause if I can save $20/month vs. the best Koodo plan, I think I can live with the occasional hiccup.
Does this have to do with this "fair usage policy" they chatter about pertaining to their "unlimited" data service?

isny

napkin dispenser
'Cause if I can save $20/month vs. the best Koodo plan, I think I can live with the occasional hiccup.
Does this have to do with this "fair usage policy" they chatter about pertaining to their "unlimited" data service?

Depends on how close to towers you are and what sort of building you're in primarily. Brick buildings or anything even remotely underground means no service. Also, being in between towers generally means little to no service.

http://www.cellmapper.net/map?MCC=302&MNC=490

If you live and work downtown in any of their covered cities you should be fine.

krae_man

Wind throttles after 5gb.

If you never leave their coverage area, you're fine. If you do occasionally just stay off date when you do.

Actually they have a $44 promo plan that includes $10 in roaming.

Also if you travel to the US, their $15 unlimited call/text/data add on is godly.

Edit: stay away from wind if you live in a basement though.

Edit 2: Isny, Rogers has $5/ day us roaming with a data limit:p

JKRMA

Banned
Wind throttles after 5gb.

If you never leave their coverage area, you're fine. If you do occasionally just stay off date when you do.

Actually they have a $44 promo plan that includes $10 in roaming.

Also if you travel to the US, their $15 unlimited call/text/data add on is godly.

Edit: stay away from wind if you live in a basement though.

Edit 2: Isny, Rogers has $5/ day us roaming with a data limit:p

Yeah their roam like home, you gotta be on their premium plans and for $5 a day you can use your phone in the states just the same as if you're in Canada and the will only bill you a max US roaming of $50 a month, pretty neat as I just used it recently when I went for the weekend. Only cost me $10. Problem is their premium plans are expensive as most people prob already know.

Sealtest

I'm guessing since Rosalina is confirmed exclusive to target in the US it'll be over here as well, Can we preorder amiibo's from them in-store? or will I actually have to mad dash to find one?

Joeku

I'm guessing since Rosalina is confirmed exclusive to target in the US it'll be over here as well, Can we preorder amiibo's from them in-store? or will I actually have to mad dash to find one?

Target does precious few preorders on things; I can guarantee amiibos won't be one of them.

Just a head's up for anyone interested in that Type-0 Collector's Edition, GameStop (the American version of EB Games) offers it with additional shipping costs.

it comes to $150.52 Canadian, as opposed to the $157.47 of the Square Enix store. It should help alleviate some fear of the Pepita shipping methods

Interesting. Didn't know Gamestop was offering it and as an online only deal. Odd, have there been online only CEs for Gamestop before? If not, or if this is one of the few and only times, will EBGames offer it as an online only as well? I will wait a bit longer before (maybe) ordering FFT0HDCE from anywhere in the States.

DJ_Lae

I get 'okay' service with them. There are definitely some dead zones around Edmonton, one particularly obnoxious one right downtown. If I go on the LRT I'm either stuck roaming or away for a good 15 minutes after I come back to the surface. No idea how the other cities are.

The data is really slow. You'd have to try really hard to actually hit the 5GB point where they start throttling you...although it already feels like I'm being throttled constantly.

However, I can't really complain given the price. You just get what you pay for.

Chilikar

Interesting. Didn't know Gamestop was offering it and as an online only deal. Odd, have there been online only CEs for Gamestop before? If not, or if this is one of the few and only times, will EBGames offer it as an online only as well? I will wait a bit longer before (maybe) ordering FFT0HDCE from anywhere in the States.
Ummm if I remember correctly, that people vita senran kagura game limited edition was online only too. I dont know if EB Games will be offering, but its been 3 days with no sign of it coming out. I had the game preordered from the e3 deal so that makes the decision even tougher

Roto13

Went to three different Shoppers Drug Marts today looking for Kirby Triple Deluxe ($20) but it was a bust. Guess I could have price matched it somewhere. (Guess I can *still* price match it somewhere. I have the flyer in my coat pocket.)

Omzz

i know the reports saying wii u adapter would be in stock at gamestops starting monday. even if this were accurate would it apply to Canada as well?

im really desperate for this thing

i-Jest

i know the reports saying wii u adapter would be in stock at gamestops starting monday. even if this were accurate would it apply to Canada as well?

im really desperate for this thing

I'm not in the know but I doubt shipping schedules are the same. At least you'll know where to import from if not available in Canada.

big_z

so anyone that ordered captain toad during the e3 30% promo knows you got charged slightly more than the msrp. I emailed best buy twice asking them to fix the error before it shipped and they refused saying I need to order during e3 to get the discount. (idiots I know)

so before I was going to return it I sent one more email this time saying I got over charged and they said they would adjust it. today I checked my online bank and they refunded me $25. Nice!

redstars

Neo Member
Maybe a good deal pop up ;)
2292b2b7-d6de-4818-96f5-5391bc330f0a.jpg

http://www.ebgames.ca/platform/index/162

zroid

Banned
so when I returned something to Best Buy a few days ago, they refunded me 1 cent less than the price I paid...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
So, anyone know there is some time limit on how long Canada Customs can hold a package?

Tracking says it'll have been a month on Tuesday.

Ummm if I remember correctly, that people vita senran kagura game limited edition was online only too. I dont know if EB Games will be offering, but its been 3 days with no sign of it coming out. I had the game preordered from the e3 deal so that makes the decision even tougher

Well, if it's ever going to be offered by EBGames I'd imagine it will be quite a while before we can pre-order it from them. It always takes forever for them to put pre-orders up. I heard it's because Gamestop takes pre-orders then orders their shipment based on that and EBGames waits to see how much of something they are getting then puts up pre-orders. Not sure it's true, just heard it from someone who works for EBGames.

Tapejara

So, there's little-to-no-chance Best Buy will get more Meta Knight Amiibos in stock, right? I don't want to get it from a third party seller.

i-Jest

I'm thinking of ordering Shulk from Gamestop to cover my ass if EB Games doesn't stock it. My question is does gamestop allow for online preorder cancellations or are you locked in once you order?

Also has any other Amiibo retailer exclusives popped up in Canada to order besides Meta Knight? I took a little reprieve from Amiibo hunting. Just got to crazy.

zroid

Banned
Best Buy price matched my Zelda, Link, and Mario amiibo with Toys R Us without much issue. At first the CSR wouldn't do it because it's a 3/$30 deal but when she spoke to her manager, he pretty much instantly agreed to it. They wouldn't beat the price by 10% though, just a straight match (which is what I expected anyway).

Pretty happy! Also finally managed to use this $10 RZ cert that's been collecting dust in my wallet for months.

espher

Also has any other Amiibo retailer exclusives popped up in Canada to order besides Meta Knight? I took a little reprieve from Amiibo hunting. Just got to crazy.

I've been watching like a hawk and see nothing else so far.

I'm mostly worried about Target. It's been an absolute pain in the ass getting amiibo locally if you're not there within a couple of hours of them landing on shelves, and Target doesn't have an online store (Target in the US doesn't ship to Canada, either). I'm trying to go for a complete (sealed) set, so I need to get at LEAST one NA one (like Villager, I can import for my 'play' copy), but... ugh. The store is not even close to me.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to Walmart today to see if they have the 32GB for $25. If they do, I'll buy a pstv and dualshock 4.

Called the Walmarts in North Vancouver and Burnaby and neither of them have this deal going on. :(

khaaan

Is Zelda amiibo going to be hard to find? I saw it when I was out but I don't pick up Amiibos because I don't have interest in most and because I figure I can always grab common ones down the line. I really like the Zelda franchise though so I'm wondering if it might be worth it.

Also pulling something in from the last thread.

So I ended up ordering this and went to go pick it up a few hours ago. I ran into a problem because first they couldn't find it, and then when they checked their records they said that someone had done a pick up and provided ID. They eventually found "it" and gave it to me but it wasn' the 75th anniversary boxset that I ordered, it was the movie tie in: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books...ref=item_page:richrel:rr-carousel-small:json1

I feel like I should go back because they gave me the wrong/cheaper product. I'm not being unreasonable, right?

Top Bottom