• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Firestorm

Regarding the PS4 price error, I also got emails regarding the cancellation. However I made 2 orders, one with only the console (which got cancelled) and another with an extra controller (in promotion when combined with a PS4).

Just received my shipping notice:

Xp98Nnd.png

Not entirely sure if the package will show up with the console in it, but the amount charged on my CC does include it (2.39 + 3.50 environmental fee). I'm in Quebec.
2443436-big-boss-salute.jpg

isny

napkin dispenser
BB/FS specifically won't price protect a future BD sale.

OO8NRcm.png

That's for both price matching other retailers as well as price protecting their own prices. That means if you buy something right now and it goes on sale for BD/week then you'll have to buy a second copy during the sale and return it with the old receipt in order to have the lower price. It's stupid but it's there so they don't have to worry about everyone price protecting stuff that they would've only sold a couple dozen of during the BD/week sale.

Retailers in the U.S. had no issues price matching for me on Black Friday. Surprised they really care much any longer considering the majority of Canadians Boxing Day shop online, and therefore store staff shouldn't be too busy.

espher

Can't say anything concrete, but my Target (Montreal) had a depressingly barren Amiibo section, with only 4 characters, but 2 of them were Little Mac and Diddy Kong, so some Targets got stock already.

Walked out with those and a Pikachu after price-matching from TRU.

Bleh. I was near the Target in my city but the guy last night said he had idea when they'd get them but they weren't on the truck Thursday so it wouldn't be in store Friday. I hope he was right. I'm gonna be pretty sour if I have to import Diddy on top of Villager.

the3ye

Regarding the PS4 price error, I also got emails regarding the cancellation. However I made 2 orders, one with only the console (which got cancelled) and another with an extra controller (in promotion when combined with a PS4).

Xp98Nnd.png

Not entirely sure if the package will show up with the console in it, but the amount charged on my CC does include it (2.39 + 3.50 environmental fee). I'm in Quebec.

WOW really or RFD-like troll? They post google images with white rectangles to "hide" receipts.

He's in Quebec though so it's possible to receive the console.

It's been 9 hours since PS CA last tweet, it seems like their "soon" means in 1 or 2 days lol

Fluffy Duck

Neo Member
People were actually running fir the Amiibos? WTH? Im going on Sunday first thing to get some, looks like Im actual gonna line up and dash for it if thre is anyone else in line as well. This is insane.

I don't know whether to be mad about the PS4 error, and mine being cancelled (they did call on another phone and left a message saying I could buy them at full price. As mentioned, I went with ISPU first without thinking and it glitched and held two for me) or to sympathize.

I think I'll go with the latter, although it still sucks.

Sora_N

Had no problems PMing Amiibo receipts at BB.

Was super smooth. I had receipts for 5 figures at BB only so I grabbed a random one (Dong) for the extra $2.24

WOW really or RFD-like troll? They post google images with white rectangles to "hide" receipts.

I didn't even know RFD troll was a thing. It's a screen cap of my email. Anyway, I'll wait until I receive my package before I get too excited. I should receive it next Tuesday or Wednesday, I'll post proof then.

I said it and I'll say it again, even though yes I'm in Qc, the additional controller had something to do with it.

chrono01

Xp98Nnd.png

Nice to see at least one of us was lucky [maybe].

I wish you luck!

i-Jest

You have my support and the support of Canuck-GAF at large (maybe). Also, I watch your YouTube counterparts videos from time to time.

the3ye

I didn't even know RFD troll was a thing. It's a screen cap of my email. Anyway, I'll wait until I receive my package before I get too excited. I should receive it next Tuesday or Wednesday, I'll post proof then.

I said it and I'll say it again, even though yes I'm in Qc, the additional controller had something to do with it.

Or just lucky, RDF is full of QC people with canceled orders, gratz though.
If a controller had something to do with it, amazing skills.

Anyone lining up for $30 Advanced Warfare/Destiny at the Microsoft Store?

Buy Destiny or Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare for only $29.99 (reg. $69.99), or Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare for only $9.99 (reg $39.99), and get a free Xbox One t-shirtDecember 13, 2014 ONLY
Don’t wait—first 50 customers get Destiny or Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare for only $29.99, or Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare for only $9.99, and a free Xbox One t-shirt. December 13, 2014 ONLY

From the creators of Halo comes Destiny, in which you are a guardian of the last safe city on Earth, able to wield incredible power and save humankind.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare ups the ante for next-gen platforms, placing you in futuristic battlegrounds with access to all new equipment, technology, and fighting abilities.

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare: Battle your way through one of the most peculiar gardens you'll ever see while blasting countless, far from garden-variety zombies with an arsenal of zany weapons that include a garlic drone and the bonkchoy punch.

Not combinable with other offers.

Limit 1 per customer/ purchase.

See an in-store associate for more details.

Valid December 13, 2014 until noon. Available in select Microsoft retail and online stores in the United States (including Puerto Rico) and Canada. Customers 13+ can purchase Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare or Destiny for $29.99. Not valid on prior orders or purchases; cannot be transferred or otherwise redeemed for cash or gift cards. Not combinable with other offers. Price discount does not include taxes, shipping or other fees. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Microsoft reserves the right to modify or discontinue offers at any time. Limit one per customer/purchase.

Tea Time

Neo Member
Hullo Canadagaf.
I just moved back to the UK after a stint in Van and realised my Canadian PSN sub just ran out. I've tried adding funds through my Canadian PayPal account but it doesn't seem to work, and PSN doesn't seem to like my TD Visa Debit card. Is there anywhere reliable online where I can buy instant Canadian PSN codes?

NolbertoS

I got a question Canada GAF. Some of you guys know that FS is having a promotion on Xbox One consoles, but never have I seen it price so damn high. They're selling a Gold, Silver and Bronze bundle for like $739.99, 649.99 an forgot the last one. Its basically a Kinect bundle, 2 controllers and 2 free games. Now I don't know what possessed FS to sell the bundle that hight, but almost fell over thinking, how is this a good deal on any level. I know the CDN dollar is weak, but not to extortion levels to buy a console. And they wonder why Canadian goods are overpriced here and people flock to the US

I got a question Canada GAF. Some of you guys know that FS is having a promotion on Xbox One consoles, but never have I seen it price so damn high. They're selling a Gold, Silver and Bronze bundle for like $739.99, 649.99 an forgot the last one. Its basically a Kinect bundle, 2 controllers and 2 free games. Now I don't know what possessed FS to sell the bundle that hight, but almost fell over thinking, how is this a good deal on any level. I know the CDN dollar is weak, but not to extortion levels to buy a console. And they wonder why Canadian goods are overpriced here and people flock to the US

I don't understand, a bundle should never cost more than the individual parts. There must be parts of it you're forgetting

Chilikar

Just a head's up for anyone interested in that Type-0 Collector's Edition, GameStop (the American version of EB Games) offers it with additional shipping costs.

it comes to $150.52 Canadian, as opposed to the $157.47 of the Square Enix store. It should help alleviate some fear of the Pepita shipping methods

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Hullo Canadagaf.
I just moved back to the UK after a stint in Van and realised my Canadian PSN sub just ran out. I've tried adding funds through my Canadian PayPal account but it doesn't seem to work, and PSN doesn't seem to like my TD Visa Debit card. Is there anywhere reliable online where I can buy instant Canadian PSN codes?
This site has been posted in here a few times already. People said it's good.

http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/sony-playstation-network-cards/Canada-Region/

i-Jest

Question. How long does Canuck-GAF think the Smash Bros Edition GC controllers to be in circulation before Nintendo pulls the plug?

UberTag

Hey guys... I'm looking to finally kick Telus to the curb at the end of my current contract.
What do you recommend in terms of a company with an affordable phone+data plan? Anything in the $40/month or less range?

isny

napkin dispenser
Hey guys... I'm looking to finally kick Telus to the curb at the end of my current contract.
What do you recommend in terms of a company with an affordable phone+data plan? Anything in the $40/month or less range?

Besides Wind?

Omzz

SHIT. walmart just cancelled my wii u adapter order. i really have no hope of getting this through retail do I?

I mean, there's Wind, but then you have to be at the mercy of Wind's service.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
SHIT. walmart just cancelled my wii u adapter order. i really have no hope of getting this through retail do I?

Was that the only place selling it online still? I read that US gamestops will restock next week. I wonder if that includes EB over here as well.

khaaan

Wind. Screw Robleus

The service I've had with Wind has always been a little shoddy but I'm with them because I agree, screw those guys...I say as practically everything else in my house that needs a provider is from one of them.

While we're on cell-phone talk, would there be a problem in getting a micro-sim if they gave us a regular one? I bought a Nexus 5 for my mom but we realized it doesn't take the standard sim. I was going to go get it cut but a co-worker suggested I just go to a kiosk and ask for a new sim. I don't know if it matters but we haven't paid off the tab on her old/existing phone yet.

big_z

get the koodo $55 Sk/mb plan. You'll have to bring your own phone which drops the cost to 49.50. Check howardforums on how to get the plan.

Otherwise your only choice is wind or paying more than double for less.

Top Bottom