• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Sora_N

Good luck!

Lol he read the email back to me saying I should call the number.

First time I spoke with a dude that sucks at English at FS. Maybe I got really lucky over the years. Anyways I told him that I AM CALLING that number right now. Lol.

Then he just directed me to some stupid email.

Gg FS

espher

Ended up wandering into Toys R Us at about 6pm, figuring I had no hope of getting anything of note.

Walked out with two Macs and a Zelda, plus the three Wave 1 figures I was missing (DK, Mario, Samus). Only bought two Macs because there was no Diddy and w/ the 3/$30 promo it was basically only an extra $2 for the Mac. Hoping to maybe sell it to cover the cost of importing a Diddy (or trade for one) if I can't track one down.

Target and Walmart here apparently don't have stock and don't know when they'll get it, but does anyone have the deets/dirt on which day I should show up at store opening? ;)

kennah

If I buy a movie on the Cineplex site - do my Scene points show up instantly or do I need to wait? (My wife is going to a movie tonight and we were going to buy GOTG anyway, so kinda two birds with one stone if it works out)

ohlawd

FS didn't cancel my order but I'm paying for a $1 pen now

thing with me and writing tools are that I lose them very quick >_>

Ended up wandering into Toys R Us at about 6pm, figuring I had no hope of getting anything of note.

Walked out with two Macs and a Zelda, plus the three Wave 1 figures I was missing (DK, Mario, Samus). Only bought two Macs because there was no Diddy and w/ the 3/$30 promo it was basically only an extra $2 for the Mac. Hoping to maybe sell it to cover the cost of importing a Diddy (or trade for one) if I can't track one down.

Target and Walmart here apparently don't have stock and don't know when they'll get it, but does anyone have the deets/dirt on which day I should show up at store opening? ;)

Can't say anything concrete, but my Target (Montreal) had a depressingly barren Amiibo section, with only 4 characters, but 2 of them were Little Mac and Diddy Kong, so some Targets got stock already.

Walked out with those and a Pikachu after price-matching from TRU.

iphys

Did anyone who pre-ordered wave 2 amiibo from BB have them ship yet? I pre-ordered Little Mac and Pit right when they finally went up on Nov 20th, and my Little Mac didn't ship (says out of stock for item status) while the Pit release date got changed to Dec 31st.

Lol he read the email back to me saying I should call the number.

First time I spoke with a dude that sucks at English at FS. Maybe I got really lucky over the years. Anyways I told him that I AM CALLING that number right now. Lol.

Then he just directed me to some stupid email.

Gg FS

dang. :\

krae_man

Here's the email I got from Bestbuy regarding my facebook post complaining about them not adjusting the preorder price for Captain Toad.

Note this email came from service@futureshop.com:

Dear Alex,

Thank you for contacting Bestbuy.ca!

We are very sorry for the inconvenience you have been experiencing with your recent order on Best Buy.ca

I have taken a look into your order and it does look like the subtotal price was adjusted to $45.49. That being said after the tax was applied to your order the total came to $51.40. for the product that you have ordered . If this is not correct please email us back and we can look into this issue further.

Way to not even bother reading what I wrote.

CKB3375

Hey all! Has anyone seen Dragon Age Inquisition on PS4 for less than $69? I'd love to play it during Christmas vacation but I have a feeling you'll be able to pick it up for $49 or even $39 on Boxing Day.

I just applied a gift card to a bunch of Amazon orders and it seems to have applied the gift card to the entirety of an order which includes things that have already shipped.....does that usually happen on amazon?

I assume it's just their weird ordering system as this seems to happen with credit cards as well?

Sajjaja

Dream is finally dead. BestBuy order is now cancelled. The dagger has been plunged into my heart. Oddly, it still says I was charged $2.70 even though all the price/tax boxes say zero.

iLLmAtlc

Hey all! Has anyone seen Dragon Age Inquisition on PS4 for less than $69? I'd love to play it during Christmas vacation but I have a feeling you'll be able to pick it up for $49 or even $39 on Boxing Day.

I might be mistaken but don't stores offer price protection for stuff you buy around this time? Or do they not include Boxing Day type sales?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'm at work for a few hours and suddenly everyone bought PS4 bundles for $0.00?

Sora_N

We apologize your order was cancelled by our system automatically and for security reasons we cannot provide you the reason why your order was cancelled.

Please contact your card provider and check if your bill to information matches your card information.

If you are still interested with your order please place the order again.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Theres plenty of posts related to it on this page. I think the price error was $0.00. No way that would go through.

Last time there was a price error a few months ago, I got the Last of Us PS4 bundle for $340 from Amazon.ca

the3ye

No luck with Little Mac in Metrotown...
some older lady grabbed last one at EB though.... she was very angry and yelling at people over there. Too bad they have decided to sell it to her :(

krae_man

Okay Captain Toad saga is finally over. Dude confers with a supervisor and still says no. I say unacceptable and he comes back with "I can price match to $44.99 and give you a $20 Discount"

Of course I accept. How he went from refusing my request of a $14 credit to offering a $20.49 credit, I have no idea.

I'm sure he's going to get yelled at later. He was confused the entire time.

isny

napkin dispenser
Okay Captain Toad saga is finally over. Dude confers with a supervisor and still says no. I say unacceptable and he comes back with "I can price match to $44.99 and give you a $20 Discount"

Of course I accept. How he went from refusing my request of a $14 credit to offering a $20.49 credit, I have no idea.

I'm sure he's going to get yelled at later. He was confused the entire time.

Enjoy the game for me. Probably going to be awhile before I pick it up, considering all this other backlog I have to get through or sell, lol

Sora_N

No luck with Little Mac in Metrotown...
some older lady grabbed last one at EB though.... she was very angry and yelling at people over there. Too bad they have decided to sell it to her :(

She was probably mad since she has to fight the entire city of casuals, collectors, hardcore smash fans, and Nintendo fans just to get a $14 toy for some kid. Lol. Vancouver has a LOT of awful collectors and everyone knows when things come in.

Moltenix

Does EB Games carry Steam Cards?

I've got a bunch of credit which I don't know what to spend on. Wouldn't mind using it toward the Steam winter sale if I can.

Ondore

I might be mistaken but don't stores offer price protection for stuff you buy around this time? Or do they not include Boxing Day type sales?

Price matching is usually blocked on Boxing Day. They're trying to get as many people through the store as possible, so anything that holds it up is no go.

Price matching is usually blocked on Boxing Day. They're trying to get as many people through the store as possible, so anything that holds it up is no go.

Walmart let me pricematch a bunch of 3DS games on Boxing Day last year. Then again, I did this at 8pm or so.

kingwingin

walmart price matches. Superstore wouldn't honor their own flyer for arkham city a few years back so I walked across the street and price matched it at walmart

iLLmAtlc

I'm not referring to price matching. Isn't there such thing as say I buy Dragon Age from FS today, if it lowers price in X amount of days FS will provide me with the difference?

Regarding the PS4 price error, I also got emails regarding the cancellation. However I made 2 orders, one with only the console (which got cancelled) and another with an extra controller (in promotion when combined with a PS4).

Just received my shipping notice:

Xp98Nnd.png

Not entirely sure if the package will show up with the console in it, but the amount charged on my CC does include it (2.39 + 3.50 environmental fee). I'm in Quebec.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm not referring to price matching. Isn't there such thing as say I buy Dragon Age from FS today, if it lowers price in X amount of days FS will provide me with the difference?
BB/FS specifically won't price protect a future BD sale.

OO8NRcm.png

That's for both price matching other retailers as well as price protecting their own prices. That means if you buy something right now and it goes on sale for BD/week then you'll have to buy a second copy during the sale and return it with the old receipt in order to have the lower price. It's stupid but it's there so they don't have to worry about everyone price protecting stuff that they would've only sold a couple dozen of during the BD/week sale.

Marakh101

Neo Member
Regarding the PS4 price error, I also got emails regarding the cancellation. However I made 2 orders, one with only the console (which got cancelled) and another with an extra controller (in promotion when combined with a PS4).

Just received my shipping notice:

Xp98Nnd.png

Not entirely sure if the package will show up with the console in it, but the amount charged on my CC does include it (2.39 + 3.50 environmental fee). I'm in Quebec.

Holy balls, hopefully it's because of QC so I get mine too

Top Bottom