• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Hyunkel6

Maybe a good deal pop up ;)
2292b2b7-d6de-4818-96f5-5391bc330f0a.jpg

http://www.ebgames.ca/platform/index/162
We all know FACEBREAKER will pop up as one of the deals. At this point, it's a Christmas tradition. :p

Is Zelda amiibo going to be hard to find? I saw it when I was out but I don't pick up Amiibos because I don't have interest in most and because I figure I can always grab common ones down the line. I really like the Zelda franchise though so I'm wondering if it might be worth it.

Also pulling something in from the last thread.

So I ended up ordering this and went to go pick it up a few hours ago. I ran into a problem because first they couldn't find it, and then when they checked their records they said that someone had done a pick up and provided ID. They eventually found "it" and gave it to me but it wasn' the 75th anniversary boxset that I ordered, it was the movie tie in: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books...ref=item_page:richrel:rr-carousel-small:json1

I feel like I should go back because they gave me the wrong/cheaper product. I'm not being unreasonable, right?

no you're not. they gave you the incorrect item. if you can, print out the order confirmation with a picture of what the correct set, take it back and try to see if they can order it in for you at the price you bought it for, or if they can hold it for you at another location at the price you paid for it. I mean, its in stock and available in store according to their website

hupla

Went to three different Shoppers Drug Marts today looking for Kirby Triple Deluxe ($20) but it was a bust. Guess I could have price matched it somewhere. (Guess I can *still* price match it somewhere. I have the flyer in my coat pocket.)
Hey thanks for the heads up on this! Managed to price match (after like a half hour of dealing with the sales clerk :/) a copy of kirby at the source!

Zelda Amiibo should be plentiful. Saw tons on Friday.

I think Nintendo will make more next year. I remember Fire Emblem Awakening was hard to find at release but it sold pretty well so they made more. Nowadays you can find copies everywhere.

Vamphuntr

Zelda Amiibo should be plentiful. Saw tons on Friday.

I think Nintendo will make more next year. I remember Fire Emblem Awakening was hard to find at release but it sold pretty well so they made more. Nowadays you can find copies everywhere.

It would be pretty dumb not to make more as they are selling really well. Nintendo gain nothing by making them hard to find, only ebay resellers do.

Sajjaja

Is Zelda amiibo going to be hard to find? I saw it when I was out but I don't pick up Amiibos because I don't have interest in most and because I figure I can always grab common ones down the line. I really like the Zelda franchise though so I'm wondering if it might be worth it.

So I ended up ordering this and went to go pick it up a few hours ago. I ran into a problem because first they couldn't find it, and then when they checked their records they said that someone had done a pick up and provided ID. They eventually found "it" and gave it to me but it wasn' the 75th anniversary boxset that I ordered, it was the movie tie in: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books...ref=item_page:richrel:rr-carousel-small:json1

I feel like I should go back because they gave me the wrong/cheaper product. I'm not being unreasonable, right?

You should totally go back. That's not what you ordered.

isny

napkin dispenser

Went to about five or six stores that had Amiibos today and they all had plenty of Zelda. I wouldn't worry.

Big Chungus

my brother managed to grab a few amiibos from his work, he said i could have either little mac or samus.

would samus become rare at all?

Ryde3

get the koodo $55 Sk/mb plan. You'll have to bring your own phone which drops the cost to 49.50. Check howardforums on how to get the plan.

Otherwise your only choice is wind or paying more than double for less.

Just wanted to say thank you so much for pointing this out, after some research over at that forum, and speaking with koodo reps today in store, seems like the real deal - a great plan on a reliable network and I can even grab a new phone. Preciate it

Anony

i went to target, toysrus, and futureshop
none have the new amiibos (except for zelda? at toysrus)

wasted 2.5 hours, but i got socks though

No_Style

Hello GAF. I want to share something that I've been working on since Black Friday ended:

http://gamedealscanada.com/deals/

This is just a test page but imagine it as the Boxing Day round-up where you can filter, sort and search for deals by store and platform. You'll also be able to filter by price, hardware vs software.

I still have a lot more items to add but since the "design" is somewhat finalized, I'm soliciting feedback. If they're small changes, I'll try to implement them before Boxing Week starts proper.

Thanks!

Chilikar

Well, if it's ever going to be offered by EBGames I'd imagine it will be quite a while before we can pre-order it from them. It always takes forever for them to put pre-orders up. I heard it's because Gamestop takes pre-orders then orders their shipment based on that and EBGames waits to see how much of something they are getting then puts up pre-orders. Not sure it's true, just heard it from someone who works for EBGames.

Oh man, really? That would make sense, but kind of unfortunate since we won't know when it'll be up. To be honest, I emailed them and got a very generic "we have no information, and are unsure if we'll be receiving this merchandise." I really do hope they end up getting it on EBGames

Hello GAF. I want to share something that I've been working on since Black Friday ended:

This is just a test page but imagine it as the Boxing Day round-up where you can filter, sort and search for deals by store and platform. You'll also be able to filter by price, hardware vs software.

I still have a lot more items to add but since the "design" is somewhat finalized, I'm soliciting feedback. If they're small changes, I'll try to implement them before Boxing Week starts proper.

Thanks!
Wow that is really really cool, if there's any changes I would mention it's probably that there's a lot of repeat items. But it looks like you got that covered

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
I'm soliciting feedback. If they're small changes, I'll try to implement them before Boxing Week starts proper.

Thanks!

I quite like it and right away thanks for making this! My minor feedback is while it's good you have a "Hardware and accessories" and software' tab near the top I would suggest maybe adding tabs for the console brands (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, etc) to allow easier switching if I'm only looking for items from one console brand.

Hiding it in filter didn't seem obvious at first.

Amiibo talk - EB games guy at Metrotown told me they are not allowed people preorder Shulk. Did anyone else have difficulty with preordering him?

-Deimos

Thanks!

Looks good so far.

Lizardus

Thanks!

Would it be possible to add amiibos as a temporary thing?

If they are in stock etc? Or do you manually update the site with deals?

Thanks!
looks solid, should be useful.

No_Style

Thanks all for the feedback. I just wanted to highlight the fact that there are more filters if you click those bars underneath the title of the page. I'll try to see if I can find a better icon.

I have to stress that I'm not a web developer so "simple" things like this will require me to consult others.

Keep the input coming though. I'll try my best to address them.

Would it be possible to add amiibos as a temporary thing?

If they are in stock etc? Or do you manually update the site with deals?

I manually update with deals. I try to stay out of the inventory business.

-Deimos

Thanks all for the feedback. I just wanted to highlight the fact that there are more filters if you click those bars underneath the title of the page. I'll try to see if I can find a better icon.

I have to stress that I'm not a web developer so "simple" things like this will require me to consult others.

Maybe add it on the same line as the other filters (all, hardware, software).

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Maybe add it on the same line as the other filters (all, hardware, software).
To tell the truth All/Hardware/Software is pretty useless because there's hardly ever more than a couple of HW deals anyway (except for right now with the controller deals) so it would probably be better to change that to All/Nintendo/MS/Sony instead.

kaiyo

Thanks!

You could remove the labels ("platform", "store", "valid") so it's less crowded and more simplified. You can also colour code the platform text so you can easily tell from a glance what the platform is.

Couldn't you pull the prices from the store's website?

Oh man, really? That would make sense, but kind of unfortunate since we won't know when it'll be up. To be honest, I emailed them and got a very generic "we have no information, and are unsure if we'll be receiving this merchandise." I really do hope they end up getting it on EBGames

Yeah, that's exactly what I dislike about EBGames way of doing it: Not knowing when the pre-order will be up. So if we get lazy on checking daily or don't have the patience to, we could miss out. And cool, I had e-mailed SE the day the pre-orders were put up for their site and I still haven't received a reply, so it doesn't sound like they will respond. Though their recent survey about the game seems to imply they are considering other retailers for the CE.

I'm thinking of ordering Shulk from Gamestop to cover my ass if EB Games doesn't stock it. My question is does gamestop allow for online preorder cancellations or are you locked in once you order?

Also has any other Amiibo retailer exclusives popped up in Canada to order besides Meta Knight? I took a little reprieve from Amiibo hunting. Just got to crazy.

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. There's no way in hell I'm missing out on Shulk, even if it means paying import fees. But not sure about the order cancelling.

Joeku

Thanks!

This is straight up baller and could be super valuable.

Zing

Banned
I forgot about the Shulk Amiibo. That pretty much guarantees that I am not buying the full collection. Not because it will be a hard to get, I'm sure I'll find it fine, but because I don't really want a plastic statue of a young dude in his underwear in my living room.

Edit: haha, I just looked at a photo of the Amiibo and I guess he is actually dressed. Why does everyone playing as him online go with the nude skin then? It's creepy.

I forgot about the Shulk Amiibo. That pretty much guarantees that I am not buying the full collection. Not because it will be a hard to get, I'm sure I'll find it fine, but because I don't really want a plastic statue of a young dude in his underwear in my living room.

Edit: haha, I just looked at a photo of the Amiibo and I guess he is actually dressed. Why does everyone playing as him online go with the nude skin then? It's creepy.

LOL. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought nude was his default skin.

Quick question, what would the best external drive for an Xbox One be? I'm all out of space.

I picked up one of these on Black Friday for 94.99 and it's been great with my Xbox One. It's still on a pretty decent sale: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00FRHTSK4/

Are there any deals going on in Canada for a Xbox One Live 12month subscription?

Thank you in advance.

I got mine from here and it was a decent deal: http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-360

Ooooh. By any chance are you also the duder that runs the GameDealsCanada twitter?

I don't understand why they don't charge $1000 for them. People will obviously buy them at that price.

I still think it's funny how the LE PS4 is a PS4 designed to look like a PS1, sold almost at the PS3's launch price. For only I think 12,000 or whatever made they sure are selling them at a fairly reasonable price. Only $100 more technically, at least in the US

Also something of note, Drive Club is already $39.99

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/prod...spx?path=c4d2cb2b8d0edda54aa45f1ad22bdc01en02

I wonder if that's as low as it goes for the next few weeks, including Boxing Day

Dazzler

I picked up Drive Club on Friday evening and I'm having a LOT of fun with it. I'm not even a huge racer guy, it just sounded interesting with the dynamic weather and whatnot

Would def recommend it if anyone's on the fence

Savitar

I find it perplexing.

Ordering with amazon right now it actually tells me that I would get my packagers quicker sending it normally than if I did via express.

I can only imagine so many are picking express it's backed up maybe?

isny

napkin dispenser
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MMOZ1SS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cowboy Bebop LE back on sale at Amazon.com.

Import fee is $15. Can I get that back after it's delivered?

You may get a small portion back, like, 35 cents or something. Rarely do you get much if anything back though, as it's their customs cost to import and broker the package into Canada.

It'll probably hold it's value though, and go up in value quite quickly, so buying it is really just an investment.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
It appears most wave 1 Amiibos are in stock on ToysRus' website, and the 3 for $30 deal is still on! Picked up Samus, Kirby and Yoshi!

Sajjaja

Regarding the PS4 price error, I also got emails regarding the cancellation. However I made 2 orders, one with only the console (which got cancelled) and another with an extra controller (in promotion when combined with a PS4).

Just received my shipping notice:

Xp98Nnd.png

Not entirely sure if the package will show up with the console in it, but the amount charged on my CC does include it (2.39 + 3.50 environmental fee). I'm in Quebec.

So what happened :3

Top Bottom